Revoke Thaksin's diplomatic passport, says Democrat ex-MP

webfact

I believe only the Head of State can cancel his diplomatic passport and Prayut is NOT Head of State. Rember that Thailand is a Constitutional Monarchy. Prayut is Head of Government.

If what you write is true then it would also follow that a diplomatic passport could only be issued by the head of state.

Tell us, was Thaksins diplomatic passport issued by the head of state ?

Do you actually know the Terms and Conditions of the issuing of diplomatic passports within the Kingdom Robbie or are you simply making assumptions.

The passport office might have been closed to the public, but not to the Government, why hasn't the person who actually filed the paperwork, and then printed the passport off, never come forwards?

Are you aware of the whole procedure for a Thai National to be granted a diplomatic passport? I would have a guess that diplomatic passports can be done out of hours and when the department is closed to the public, and could be issued that same day if needed.

Doesn't really matter, Prayuth needs thaksin, it's his excuse to maintain Section 44, amongst other things, everyone needs a bogey man, it's used to control the masses, let's face it, if Thaksin wasn't the bogeyman, the country wouldn't need the Army in control.

I made no assumption, simply answered someone else who did.

Your last paragraph is the assumption, and based on, as usual, red propaganda.

give your normal yellow 'i love the junta' drivel a rest?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ Sweatalot - there is no international arrest warrant issued for him, so he's free as a bird ATM. So no 1zgarz5.gif

Well, in that case he should come back, wouldn't you say so. No worries.

Mind you, the Ombudsman is still waiting for an explanation on the sneakily re-issued passport. Issued end of October, 2011 when the offices were flooded and lied about and denied till mid December 2011.

What a brainless comment.The reason why he wont get arrested abroad and the reason why he wont come back are the same - the original criminal verdict is universally seen as politically motivated and the same politically motivated crazies are now in charge.

We know that Thaksin needs to account for several issues but that's a different matter.

The band of fanatics whose response to every abuse by the current government is to mouth off irrelevantly about a "criminal fugitive" need this Thaksin saga to run and run of course.It enables them to dodge the criminality, corruption, crushing of democracy, repression and abuse of human rights which makes this administration and its puppet assembly the worst government in decades.

I agree with you. And don't forget: why they should revoke his passport? They might be in same position next or later. Who knows?

Brainless comments indeed. Avoiding issues, distracting with what about the others.

The reason Thaksin will not get arrested abroad is that with the initial request to Interpol the documentation was incomplete and lots needed to be translated into English. As the then government had other priorities and they didn't really want Thaksin back things got delayed and forgotten.

Of course since Thaksin was in politics his charging is political motivated, one way or another. The 'conflict of interest' would see him to step down and maybe be finished for a while in politics in other countries, but probably not jailed. The cases which might see him jailed are still awaiting his return to be able to commence.

So, whether political motivated or not, Thaksin is a convicted criminal and a bail jumper. That being so, governments should refuse him entry if only that Thai diplomatic passport is shown or at least complain to the Thai government for diminishing the value of a Diplomatic Passport. Mind you, there are international rules regarding diplomatic passports and I for one don't know the details.

If what you write is true then it would also follow that a diplomatic passport could only be issued by the head of state.

Tell us, was Thaksins diplomatic passport issued by the head of state ?

Do you actually know the Terms and Conditions of the issuing of diplomatic passports within the Kingdom Robbie or are you simply making assumptions.

The passport office might have been closed to the public, but not to the Government, why hasn't the person who actually filed the paperwork, and then printed the passport off, never come forwards?

Are you aware of the whole procedure for a Thai National to be granted a diplomatic passport? I would have a guess that diplomatic passports can be done out of hours and when the department is closed to the public, and could be issued that same day if needed.

Doesn't really matter, Prayuth needs thaksin, it's his excuse to maintain Section 44, amongst other things, everyone needs a bogey man, it's used to control the masses, let's face it, if Thaksin wasn't the bogeyman, the country wouldn't need the Army in control.

I made no assumption, simply answered someone else who did.

Your last paragraph is the assumption, and based on, as usual, red propaganda.

give your normal yellow 'i love the junta' drivel a rest?

Well, your

"let's face it, if Thaksin wasn't the bogeyman, the country wouldn't need the Army in control"

is close to 'normal yellow' as well. Almost as if you would like to 'remove' said object. Shame on you.

Edited by rubl