Misdemeanors, Records and Immigration: will they reject you?

Does Thailand immigration keep records of past delinquency from the last 5 years? A friend was treated at a Chiang Mai hospital 2.5 years ago, and as a result, overstayed for a week. He had already planned on going to Cambodia for a few days to a week, then return to BKK to catch his flight home. But the minor accident and infections prevented him. He had to convince the hospital to let him leave in order to catch his flight back to Europe. They had him checked out of the hospital under the condition that he returned to pay off the bill. The payment is still outstanding. Will he have a problem at coming in?

Edited by maureeses

dont shit where you eat, if he dont want to end up in jail he should contact the hospital, pay he's bill and interest

before he try to enter thailand.

but even then he still made fraud in thailand and might get arrested in the passport control anyway.

• Like 2

I'm moving to Mexico in a couple of months, but you bet your bottom baht I'm gonna do it with a clean slate. As much as I bitch and moan about Thailand, it still has its charms, and I want to be able to return in case I realize I made a mistake.

I'd recommend your friend contact an attorney to assist in settling this bill and get written proof before re-entering the kingdom. He obviously wants to come back, so clean up the finances then get a soapie to clean the soul (and the pipes).

As we've seen in the news again and again, there is NO infraction (including vehicular homicide and human trafficking) that the right amount of money can't fix. An outstanding bill and a one week overstay won't cost that much.

I remember that a service operator was recommended (multiple times here in the forum) who would find out whether a blacklisting exists for a person?

Would they also be able to find out whether there is an arrest warrant pending?

Also would depend on how much money tge debt is. I know a guy who skipped out on a sizable 150k b. bill and never had a problem. This was three years ago.

I've only ever been in hospital once in this country (suspected Dengi fever). Although I have views on the cost at BPH in Pattaya, whilst I was there a guy came to see me to enquire if there were any problems in relation to immigration caused by my stay. Sort of liaison officer. (Think he was Swedish). There were no problems but he said he would have sorted them if there were.

And the mystery deepens as to why Thai authorities wanted to impose obligatory medical insurance on visitors.

For those of you who walk away from your bills, guess who has to pay more for treatment in order to cover hospital losses on those who are uninsured or unwilling to pay ... the rest of us.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

dont shit where you eat, if he dont want to end up in jail he should contact the hospital, pay he's bill and interest

but even then he still made fraud in thailand and might get arrested in the passport control anyway.

Crude and uncivil to start off with. The remainder makes sense.

To get respect you need to earn it, and as long as someone runs from the bill or make other kinds of fraud

in Thailand then i have zero respect

they ruin it for all other by their selfish aktions, so <deleted> them i hope he goes to jail and get a ban on ever coming here

Crude and uncivil to start off with. The remainder makes sense.

He has a better reason for not paying his bill other than being stupid and irresponsible?

Yet another farang making us all look good..

Thanks for that!

Edited by willyumiii

To quandow:

Are you really moving to Mexico in the next couple of months? If you do, please drop us a memo from time to time and let the members here know how you are getting along there. I believe there are several members here who are always looking to try other places, especially people who have been here too long and are tired of the hassles they have to go through on a yearly basis. Sorry, not trying to steal the thread.