También Baan for single foreigner

I don't have a thai girlfriend etc

I bought a condo

I need to connect electricity with electric company direct (not through condo as its expensive)

Condo management told me:

First to go to police and report the tambien baan as "lost"

Take paperwork from police to a government office and have them issue me a blank tambien baan (can't have my name in it as im foreigner apparently)

Take también baan to electric company and have them connect me

Seems like a lot of messing around, is this what i really have to do?

As a foreigner you can obtain a yellow housebook,the blue one is for Thai people.

It all depends where you live,someplaces are easy and others make you jump trough hoops.

The best way is to go to your local tessaban,municipality and find out what you need to do.

I had to get translations made because in the housebook they put your name in Thai language.

If you have a lawyer he or she should be able to help also.

In View Talay 2A we pay the electricity bill (that comes directly from the company) ourselves.

PS. When I bought the condo it had no Tabien Ban, a real Estate Agent told me his wife could get it for me for 4000 Bt. Myself and my then G/F went down to the Ampur and got it for 10 Baht...never went near a police station. I probably brought the Chanote with me. My name is not in it but I used it for proof of address at Immigration.

Edited by dotpoom

As the owner you should have the blue tabien baan and will be registeed as the owner, but not as living there. You yourself can be added to a yellow tabien baan as living there.

But only the blue tabien baan with you as owner should be enough.

i bought a house in east side pattaya 4 years ago, i waited 6 weeks for the shits to connect my electric .

i am married to a thai and house was in her name. ( only in thailand)

i suggest go to electric company and give them a backhander

As the owner you should have the blue tabien baan and will be registeed as the owner, but not as living there. You yourself can be added to a yellow tabien baan as living there.

I'll politely disagree with part of your statement Mario. A Tabian Ban is a register of the holder and residents. It is not proof of ownership and does not mention the owner.

Traditionally a blue Tabian ban is issued for Thais, with the exception of a foreigner owning a Condo who is entitled to a blue book

A Yellow Tabian ban can be issued to foreigners.

A foreigner with PR status can be added to a blue book.

The OP should have been issued a blue Tabian ban when he purchased the Condo but that is only issued as proof of his residency, not ownership.

OP, all you really need is proof of your address, not necessarily a Tabian Ban. (Deeds)?

I presume a lawyer helped with your purchase. Contact him about your blue book.

sorry blue tabien ban are only for thais

yellow tabien is only for farang if married to a thai woman

end of the story

Condo management told me:

First to go to police and report the tambien baan as "lost"

Take paperwork from police to a government office and have them issue me a blank tambien baan (can't have my name in it as im foreigner apparently)

Take también baan to electric company and have them connect me

in my opinion , all this is a big crap...perhaps condo managment is a bit still on the effect of burp.gif ,his last party!

if you buy a condo in a building then the all condos from that building will be conected with the thai electric company, you just perhaps have to pay for the electric meter (around 5000 baths).finished

read your contract...!

coffee1.gif

nota bene:if a farang has a blue tabien bahn like some says....please send us a copy because i dont beleive it!

Edited by VINCENT2012

Foreigners having permanent residency can be included a Blue House Book according to article 44 of the Central office registration rules (2535).

All other foreigners will be issued a Yellow book.

Foreigners who buy Condos should get the deeds and a Blue book on completion, but this book will be blank where a name should be inserted, so it's useless as a proof of residency. It is merely a registration of the Condo address at the Amphur. A foreigner can take that Blue book to his Amphur where it should already be registered and he can get a Yellow Tabian Ban with his name in it, which is a proof of residency.

end of the story

You don't need to be married to a Thai to get a yellow tabien baan.

end of the story

Thai Civil Registration Act (No.2) B.E. 2551

“Section 38. The district or local registrar shall issue a household registration for persons without Thai nationality having been permitted to stay temporarily and those having been giving leniency for temporary residence in the Thai Kingdom as a special case in accordance with law on immigration and the declaration of the Cabinet and their children born within the Thai Kingdom. In a case of permission of temporary residence overdue, the registrar shall immediately dispose of such persons.

The Director of Central Registration shall make profile registration for persons without Thai nationality besides those under paragraph one in accordance with the declaration of the Cabinet.

Perhaps you could point out just where it states you have to be married within the Civil Registration Act.

I'm single, never married and have a YellowTabian Ban.

Yes, the blue book is not proof of residence but the electric company doesn't care, all they want to be sure of is there a "residence" there and that blue book is proof of that. They cannot give service unless it is a registered address and the blue book shows them that the address is legitimate and registered with the local Amphur

All the electric company is going to require is the blue book, a copy of your passport and visa

My concern is that it appears that if the OP bought the condo from the condo management he did not receive a blue book and that is the reason that they wan't him to report it lost

I see red flags all over the place with the condo managements instructions. If the OP purchased the condo in the farang quota he should have been given both a blue book and a chanote. The only reason to not get a blue book for an existing condo is because the condo is not in the farang quota and the purchase was shaky at best

We need more information from the OP before we can reasonably answer his inquiry

Yes, the blue book is not proof of residence but the electric company doesn't care, all they want to be sure of is there a "residence" there and that blue book is proof of that. They cannot give service unless it is a registered address and the blue book shows them that the address is legitimate and registered with the local Amphur

Practice may vary on property type and area but a blue book is not always required.

We had the electricity connected before the building was finished. As soon as we had an address from the head of the village we went along and had the electricity connected in my name.

The property cannot be registered until it has been signed off as complete and books cannot be issued until it has been registered.

• 2 months later...

I've been told than when you get a yellow tabien baan. your landlord is due to pay additional taxes so you end up having taxes to pay on top of your rent.. Can somebody confirm this?

Next time, open a new thread, rather than hijack this one.

As to your question, the landlord is required to pay taxes on any income he/she derives from renting their property. Whether this cost is passed onto the renter is dependent on the landlord that you have. Ironically, though, if the landlord ups your rent to include the taxes, then the extra money could itself be construed as additional income for the landlord.

Landlords, in all countries, would prefer to receive rent payments "under the table", thus avoiding taxation on their income. If you pursue getting a yellow tabien baan, then the Amphur will be aware that the property is a rental.

end of the story

Incorrect.

end of the story

Incorrect.

A foreigner who purchases a Condo will be issued a Blue Tabian Baan......however his name will not appear in the book.

A foreigner with PR status can be added to a Blue Tabian Baan.

Otherwise foreigners wishing to register their address at the Amphur, will be issued a Yellow Tabian Baan regardless of marital status.

The address is registered to a piece of land and as such a foreigner cannot own land, so cannot be named in a Blue Tabian Baan as the principal resident.

All the electric company is going to require is the blue book, a copy of your passport and visa

My concern is that it appears that if the OP bought the condo from the condo management he did not receive a blue book and that is the reason that they wan't him to report it lost

I see red flags all over the place with the condo managements instructions. If the OP purchased the condo in the farang quota he should have been given both a blue book and a chanote. The only reason to not get a blue book for an existing condo is because the condo is not in the farang quota and the purchase was shaky at best

We need more information from the OP before we can reasonably answer his inquiry

When I bought my condo I got a yellow (well, a sort of dirty brown) book and a chanote. The only thing that interests me is the chanote because that is the only thing that has my name on it. The rest seems completely pointless, like most paperwork in Thailand.

I arranged to pay my electricity bill (in my name) by direct debit when I was still a tenant and it has continued without any modification since I bought the unit. I presented no ID or book at all for that and have never done since.

YMMV