proof of residency for retirement extension.

If yo live in a "hotel" the "hotel" is obliged by law to notify immigration of your presence.

Nothing "new" smile.png

Those on extensions of stay have always been required to evidence where they are staying.

Enforcement of the law clearly causes "concern" for some !

Those on extensions of stay have always been required to evidence where they are staying.

That is just not correct. I have NEVER had to give PROOF of residence before for retirement extension.

Well good for you !

Now get used to providing "PROOF" of where you stay ! smile.png

Well on Friday last week I did not have to provide any proof for my retirement extension. Had rental lease/utility bills but officer was not interested. She typed my passport number into the computer, asked if I was still living at ****** address but no proof required.

• Like 1

Just remember, this is not your country or mine........any type of extention, they can do as they wish.....and requirements can always change!

Stop being an ass about this or that.......if you have problems of required info for immigration, then they will just deny your ext, and you can leave!

Tired to read about such useless rants, if you want logic.....go somewhere else!

This is a good "Heads UP" thread to inform all of us of any and all "potential" reasons for refusal or problems...

When you have to stand in line at 4am or make an appointment that is only available 100 days out, popping in is not an option.

Wow, you are a bitter person...why do you even post a useless reply like this?

I wonder how many people here need to be reminded this is not their country. If you life here allows you to just leave, then good...perhaps that is what you should do...

I do my 90 day report in person in Phuket.

Two questions:

1. Does the address I have reported many times on my 90 day report count as proof of residence to renew retirement extension? In other words, is my reported address stored in their system and useable as proof of residence for renewal.

2. And/or, will a current signed rental agreement count as proof of residence for renew?

Thank you.

1. No

2. Yes plus a address registration form that Phuket immigration has of their own that is something like a TM30.

Thanks for answering posters questions with simple facts UJ and not using evey opportunity to act like the pompous kiwi twit that huffs and puffs while explaining nothing-

In answer to Q 2 it was my experience as a tenant in of a rented home ( at Phuket Imm ) that I needed to provide -

*A completed form similiar to a TM 30 as you state and it should be noted that the TOP half is completed by the landlord , and the bottom by the tenant , AND the box at bottom signed by the landlord even though it appears otherwise

* A signed photocopy of the owners ID card

* On the ONE page , at TOP , a photocopy of the owners landbook information page ( with details about the land ) , and at the BOTTOM , a photocopy of the last page of the book pertaining to the owners details , and again the landlord to sign the page

* A photocopy of my completed lease agreement ( obviously , signed by both the landlord and myself)

I asked the girl downstairs at Hkt Imm when I presented the above where the info was going , and she said 'Tax Office'

The Tourist Police confirmed this - it seems they are using the Farang to collect info on people who should be paying tax on the rents collected and this is a way to establish who they are ,,,

When I asked if my newly acquired "Receipt of Notification" ( of place of residence ), that is yet another piece of paper stapled into my passport , would now act as a Proof of Residence , the TP laughed and said , "WE WISH!"

So I still had to get Proof of Residence letters to renew my 2 five year licenses ( Though I did that at Patong and there was no request for 300 baht to do so this time )

If your landlord is unavailable I have no idea what you would do

I recently moved to a different condo room, owned by a thai person but under management of OnePlus Condo here in CM...

The owner of the room is doing everything possible to not give me this info...the staff at the front desk have filled out the form themselves and think this is sufficient.

I will take this to immigration to see if they will accept this as a change of address and proof, if they do I will also ask if it's good enough for my extension, if so end of story.

IF they say I need all the above as you state and the landlord refuses to provided, for the reasons you state, I will move as my contract is up in Aug and my ext is due in January.. BUT, I will certainly make this a requirement for a new contract that is for sure.

SO, to the bitter and unhappy people that are complaining about those of us asking what is required, this is a perfectly reasonable question and the above answer is proof of that...so stop your insulting useless replies since you have nothing constructive to add...and let the rest of us get on with our useful lives here.

• Like 2

The problem here is potentially applicants for extensions can be refused for something entirely outside their control.

Is there ANY evidence of this "potential" problem actually occurring ?

Why do some insist on seeking to spread alarm and despondency based on little more than manufactured Rumour ?

And sure enough nzsexpat already stands corrected judging by reports already coming in on the forum.

• Like 1

you are not supposed to move around with a retirement visa you are supposed to stay in one place re a rental agreement or rental receipt for immigration.

Do you think it might be ok to have the odd day trip, or even a bus ride in to town?

• Like 2

Last Thursday 14th May, I renewed my retirement VISA or Extension of stay. I had to have copy of my landlords I D card and house book both signed by him.

For many years all I had to have was a signed letter from the Condo management, yes things are changing.

A few days before I did the renewal I went to Immigration and got the form etc. The Immigration officer told me I would need the copy's from the house owner, also another new form explaining the penalty for over stay and at the bottom of that also saying that Immigration has the right to ask for further documents. She also called it a retirement visa. I told her to be very careful or nzexpat would be coming to jump all over here for calling it a visa in his very rude and aggressive way.beatdeadhorse.gif

Another form I was given was all written in Thai and when I lodged my papers the officer asked why I did not sign it (Because I cant read Thai) get your wife to read it but like I told the officer I am still too young to be married. I did not sign it and I still dont know what it was all about.

There have been some changes in the past year and I think its all because of the Military.

This visa renewal was done at Korat Immigration and I think from reading this forum different requirements for different Immigration officers.

• Like 2

The problem here is potentially applicants for extensions can be refused for something entirely outside their control.

Why do some insist on seeking to spread alarm and despondency based on little more than manufactured

Rumour ?

And sure enough nzsexpat already stands corrected judging by reports already coming in on the forum.

So now we can expect a full apology?Lol I won't be holding my breath!

• Like 2

Why do some insist on seeking to spread alarm and despondency based on little more than manufactured

Rumour ?

So now we can expect a full apology?Lol I won't be holding my breath!

Direct me to the posts which definitively state a person has had an extension of stay refused and as a consequence has had to pack up and leave the country

Guess I will not be holding my breath as I suspect there are no such reports!

People reporting their experiences here REALLY need to be clear about what Immigration office they were dealing with, since policies and practices vary so much from place to place.

For me, I've been doing retirement extensions in BKK for years, and never that I can recall have been asked for any specific proof of residence, other than writing out my address on the application forms. I've always brought along a copy of my rental agreement when I've gone for my annual extension renewals, but never yet been asked to produce it.

I think I was asked, years ago at my first retirement extension, to provide a map showing the directions to my home... But nothing after that.

I did my last retirement extension last fall at BKK Chaeng Wattana. Anything change there on that issue since then???

People reporting their experiences here REALLY need to be clear about what Immigration office they were dealing with, since policies and practices vary so much from place to place.

For me, I've been doing retirement extensions in BKK for years, and never that I can recall have been asked for any specific proof of residence, other than writing out my address on the application forms. I've always brought along a copy of my rental agreement when I've gone for my annual extension renewals, but never yet been asked to produce it.

I think I was asked, years ago at my first retirement extension, to provide a map showing the directions to my home... But nothing after that.

I did my last retirement extension last fall at BKK Chaeng Wattana. Anything change there on that issue since then???

My experience in the past was similar to your own

There seems to now be a requirement for "proof" of address.

This requirement will gradually be adopted by all offices and requires the use of a fully completed TM30 form with attached tabian ban and ID

So now our resident bully wants to move the goalposts from any evidence to definitive evidence...

Less accusative rudeness in your posting please Bully !

No "moving of goal posts"

A "refused" extension of stay would require a person to leave the country as they would have no legal basis on which to remain.

Edited by nzexpat

Likewise no problems at Jomtien...we all know regulations are interpreted differently by immigration offices all over the country.Fora like this allow people to warn each other of potential problems and I much appreciate that..forewarned is forearmed.If it's not true,no harm done.

Edited by chang50

my experiences with jointiem immi marriage extension of stay :

tm30 together with id copy, tabien baan copy signed by the house owner my wife's sister

purchase contract of the house.

i think immi is on its way to level requrements retirement extension to the same as for marriage extension, signalling

we donna want any longer put up with "cheap chharly" in thailand.

wbr

roobaaa01

• Like 1

This requirement will gradually be adopted by all offices and requires the use of a fully completed TM30 form with attached tabian ban and ID

Has anyone actually personally encountered that, as yet, in dealing with BKK CW for a retirement extension renewal??? I don't recall reading any reports here coming out of BKK CW about that being enforced there.

MANY MANY folks are going to BKK CW every day for retirement extensions... So, is there any link/links here to member reports of having encountered that requirement at Chaeng Wattana?

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

tm30 together with id copy, tabien baan copy signed by the house owner my wife's sister

i think immi is on its way to level requrements retirement extension to the same as for marriage extension, signalling

wbr

roobaaa01

A retirement visa requires proof of double the amount of funds.facepalm.gif

@mommysboy

im aware of the 800k, why wouldnt immi raise that amount for marriage extension to 800k, i donna see any reason not to.

wbr

roobaa01

You wrote

"i think immi is on its way to level requrements retirement extension to the same as for marriage extension", that would imply the same financial requirements as the putative marriage visa.

Are you related to nzsexpat? Same thought processes.

@ mommysboy

you refer as to marriage extension of stay for no marriage visa exists. i think bit by bit alike salami tactic immi throughout thailand is going to level both extensions. one reason cheap charly

out, second reasson standardise requirements coz of asean.

no im not relateed to op nzexpat.

wbr

roobaa01

wbr

roobaaa01

Anyone that can comply with financial requirements for retirement is hardly a cheap charlie. Perhaps marriage applicants are though, as they only require 50% of retirement wealth.

Purchase contract of the house. Jomptien has obviously gone completely round the bend. The yellow book is your proof of address, who owns the house is none of their business. If you lived in the Hilton Hotel would they require proof of ownership?

It's becoming obvious to me on this thread they just want to make it difficult to live in Thailand, and are inventing regulations that are nothing to do with visa extensions to do so. If I were one of you that own property in LOS I'd be starting to get stressed now.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1

Has anyone actually personally encountered that, as yet, in dealing with BKK CW for a retirement extension renewal??? I don't recall reading any reports here coming out of BKK CW about that being enforced there.

MANY MANY folks are going to BKK CW every day for retirement extensions... So, is there any link/links here to member reports of having encountered that requirement at Chaeng Wattana?

So a full day has now passed since my post above here, and not a single person has popped up here to say that they've been required to provide proof of address for a retirement extension renewal at BKK Chaeng Wattana Immigration.

Thus, unless evidence surfaces to the contrary, I'm going to assume that CW Immigration isn't doing this, at least at the present time.

I've never been asked for proof of residence for a retirement extension, as far as I can remember. But if I was, I wonder why original documents other than tabien baan or rental agreement wouldn't be acceptable, e.g. an HSBC credit card statement or the latest letter from HMRC reminding me that it's time to submit my tax return, which clearly show my name and my address in Thailand. Has anyone any experience of using similar docs?

Nowadays many immigration offices check that the landlord reported your stay, as they should do. Thus they want to see a rental agreement plus copy ID-card and household registration book of owner.

But some offices will accept an utility bill with your name and address on it.

• Like 1

So a full day has now passed since my post above here, and not a single person has popped up here to say that they've been required to provide proof of address for a retirement extension renewal at BKK Chaeng Wattana Immigration.

Thus, unless evidence surfaces to the contrary, I'm going to assume that CW Immigration isn't doing this, at least at the present time.

That is probably a safe assumption.

Bangkok, Pattaya, and a few other places don't seem to be effected by recent changes requiring proof of residence.

But if you have a yellow book, or tenancy agreement no harm in taking it along, mat save you a return trip.

I've had to provide proof of address (house owner ID card & blue house book) for my last 6 extensions (3 @ Korat and 3 @ Kap Choeng). So it's not a new requirement for me....IMHO it's always better to have too much paperwork available than not enough....Having said that I only give them what they ask for.....

Edited by mxyzptlk

I agree. It's always better to bring whatever you think might be required, even if it's not required.

But my point was, no one at BKK Immigration at Chaeng Wattana is asking...at least thus far.

Everyone should, of course, try to be prepared for whatever the local practice is at the particular Immigration office where they have to do their business. That's what matters.