Racing Honda involved in high speed road crash in North Pattaya

Rimmer

Racing Honda involved in high speed road crash in North Pattaya

crash-13.jpg

PATTAYA:--The driver and passenger of a Honda Civic, which was seen to be racing a pick-up truck along the Sukhumvit Road in North Pattaya in the early hours of Saturday, were injured after the Honda driver lost control and smashed into parked cars.

The crash occurred in the South Naklua area in front of an auto repair shop and resulted in serious injuries sustained to the Honda driver, Khun Chaiwat aged 26. A female front-seat passenger sustained only minor injuries.

Witnesses confirmed the Honda was racing the pick-up and the driver was trying to cut in front of the pick-up when he failed to see two motorbikes in front of him. As he took evasive action to avoid the slow-moving bikes, he hit 3 parked cars on the side of the road and then mounted the pavement.

Due to the high speeds he was travelling, one of the parked cars ended up on the roof of the Honda. Police were amazed that no one else was injured, especially pedestrians as a restaurant was located only meters away from the crash scene.

SeeMore:http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/194487/racing-honda-involved-in-high-speed-road-crash-in-north-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-05-17

Witnesses confirmed the Honda was racing the pick-up and the driver was trying to cut in front of the pick-up when he failed to see two motorbikes in front of him. As he took evasive action to avoid the slow-moving bikes, he hit 3 parked cars on the side of the road and then mounted the pavement.

The Honda driver's story is probably the slow-moving bikes cut in front of him causing him to take evasive action and then his brakes failed.

Khun Chaiwat and his brand new (red plate) 6 cylinder Honda.

Another newly rich amateur racer.

Lucky escape!

The bike/scooter drivers should donate to the temple!

Edited by KhunBENQ

Lucky escape!

Amazing that anyone would think that the owner of a Civic is rich. Why did you stick at the 6 cylinder exaggeration, why not label it a 12 cylinder, neither of them exist.

I'd like to point out thats it's not a Honda Civic as reported. It's a Nissan Sylphy 1.8L with modified skirts/ bodykit with what I think is from the Ativus car accessory shop here in BKK. If not from Ativus, could some one tell where to buy this particular set ? Ativus is between 23K or 25K. Furthermore, lowered car springs, 25K to 30K (Brembo brake discs ok, can't see them though and I don't how much), aswell as having custom wheels and rims. As for how much rims and tyres cost ? Quite a lot depends where you buy, really.

For all these negative comments I'd like to ask them how they know his story ? Why do you (@pib) say his story will probably this or that ? Pure speculation. @pattaya28 Or that he is rather an unskilled driver ? Did you had a car like that or similar when you were 26 with the intention to impress the birds? Did you or did you not make any mistakes ? Or still do / don't ? Again speculation, right?

Oh yeah, he did crash jeeez ! But when Schumacher crashes his F1 car does that make him an unskilled driver ? @khunBenq how do know you he his rich? What proof do you have and say without any doubt that he is loaded ? Or his parents, family what that reason ? No you can't can you? Because you are assuming and speculating about "facts" you don't even have the answer for, that is why. Full stop.

I just want to make something clear, that I am not standing up for this chap but neither do I speculate about his driving skills, story, rich or not. Right ? He could be a very skilled driver on the track for all we know. Oh NO ! I am speculating. See what I mean ?

I mean I know ppl in the US whose life is about modifing cars and nothing else. They are still living with their parents and all money they get gets spend on their cars.

BTW, you want to race ? GO to a racetrack thats what it made for. Just saying right.

The only thing what can be said is that the chap is going to have a real big headache in terms of insurance, damage to other parties not to mention his car etc etc.

Bit of this is whats needed for these clowns

Sentence[edit]

In England and Wales and Scotland, a person guilty of dangerous driving is liable, on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for any term not exceeding two years, or to a fine, or to both, or on summary conviction, to imprisonment for any term not exceeding six months, or to a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum, or to both.[6]

Any conviction for dangerous driving for a driver holding a licence issued by the Driver and Vehicle Agency (Northern Ireland) or Driver and Vehicle Licencing Agency(for licences issued in England, Wales or Scotland) will result in a mandatory disqualification if the offence took place in the United Kingdom proper, Isle of Man orRepublic of Ireland (see also Traffic violations reciprocity). The driver must return to being a learner driver, even if the offence did not result in death or grievous bodily harm, and an extended practical driving test, about 70 minutes long and about 30 minutes longer than the regular driving test, must be taken by the driver to regain his or her full driving licence.[citation needed]

Sentence

... The driver must return to being a learner driver, even if the offence did not result in death or grievous bodily harm, and an extended practical driving test, about 70 minutes long and about 30 minutes longer than the regular driving test, must be taken by the driver to regain his or her full driving licence.

I see a bit of a problem with the above bit though.

Sentence

... The driver must return to being a learner driver, even if the offence did not result in death or grievous bodily harm, and an extended practical driving test, about 70 minutes long and about 30 minutes longer than the regular driving test, must be taken by the driver to regain his or her full driving licence.

I see a bit of a problem with the above bit though.

Yep , probably knock it out in 5 minutes , or as long as it look to get 1000bt out of your pocket

Lucky escape!

Amazing that anyone would think that the owner of a Civic is rich. Why did you stick at the 6 cylinder exaggeration, why not label it a 12 cylinder, neither of them exist.

The Type-R Honda Civic has a V-6 option. There is no exaggeration here sir. Perhaps you should check facts before such a statement next time.

The driver of the Honda most likely just got out and laughed......Just to show "Thainess"coffee1.gif

He is in the hospital in an "extremely serious condition" did you miss that bit or was it just an over zealous Thai bashing attempt?

Lucky escape!

The Type-R Honda Civic has a V-6 option. There is no exaggeration here sir. Perhaps you should check facts before such a statement next time.

Where did you get that info? I have never seen a Civic Type R with a 6 cylinder engine, not in the European version and not in the Japanese version. Can you elaborate?