what could Thailand improve for the Foreigners living/visiting Thailand ?

wowfactor10

all your talking about is people on TV, there are thousands of falang here that dont use TV,,

And so what makes u believe that those other foreigners will approve with all your restriction measures instead of our improvements over here ?

Mate the poll is clear from the 700 persons 92% voted that they like to be able to buy a small plot of land in their own name...

For your group that only received a lousy 8% of the votes u bunch make certainly a hell of a noise here daily.

Stop whining and take it on the chin like a man.

Take it on the chin? Let's do this, you let us know when the Thai government enacts these laws that you and your buddies agreed on. I'd also be interested to know when you've actually witnessed pigs flying overhead, so do let us know when that happens. I'd imagine both would happen at about the same time.

Yeah u know the first blow on your chin...with 92% of the votes against your poor 8% of votes its a clear victory against the go home brigade.So its a memorable day for us...

In time we will see when and how Thailand will ease its restrictions.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all your talking about is people on TV, there are thousands of falang here that dont use TV,,

Yep. Most people I know are completely oblivious to this place. Of those who are aware of it, the majority see it as a laughable hive of aging sexpats.

Yep. Most people I know are completely oblivious to this place. Of those who are aware of it, the majority see it as a laughable hive of aging sexpats.

Soibiker wake up...

from the 700 voters 92% voted for being able to buy a small land plot in their own name...

Soibiker wake up...

from the 700 voters 92% voted for being able to buy a small land plot in their own name...

And that has something to do with what I posted because....?

Soibiker wake up...

And that has something to do with what I posted because....?

Nothing as i have no idea what u are talking about..

Just want to rub in to results of the poll..

At least its obvious that 92 % of the 700 voters would like to see some rules get updated for foreigners in Thailand ..

And u and your cronies are always here making so much noise but now u can see that basically no one here agrees with ur twisted views.

biker,,

i agree with you on that one,,

he calls many of us the go home brigade,,,

what makes me laugh, he is at home and dosnt live here,

he is the one chomping his chops the most, he should just take it on the chin like a man and admit he cant come to live here,it dosnt suit him

biker,,

he is the one chomping his chops the most, he should just take it on the chin like a man and admit he cant come to live here,it dosnt suit him

So the OP doesn't even live in Thailand....that figures. It sure does seem like the ones that squeal the loudest against Thailand doesn't even live in Thailand, yet, they can't stay away from TV. These guys just can't seem to move on with their lives....

And so what makes u believe that those other foreigners will approve with all your restriction measures instead of our improvements over here ?

Mate the poll is clear from the 700 persons 92% voted that they like to be able to buy a small plot of land in their own name...

For your group that only received a lousy 8% of the votes u bunch make certainly a hell of a noise here daily.

Stop whining and take it on the chin like a man.

Take it on the chin? Let's do this, you let us know when the Thai government enacts these laws that you and your buddies agreed on. I'd also be interested to know when you've actually witnessed pigs flying overhead, so do let us know when that happens. I'd imagine both would happen at about the same time.

Yeah u know the first blow on your chin...with 92% of the votes against your poor 8% of votes its a clear victory against the go home brigade.So its a memorable day for us...

In time we will see when and how Thailand will ease its restrictions.

So its a memorable day for us...

Do you actually believe they will change the law based on a TV survey?

This thread is just day dreaming.

biker,,

So the OP doesn't even live in Thailand....that figures. It sure does seem like the ones that squeal the loudest against Thailand doesn't even live in Thailand, yet, they can't stay away from TV. These guys just can't seem to move on with their lives....

My whereabouts have nothing to do with the fact that you were totally outvoted in recent survey poll on TVF it resulted in 92% of the 700 voters who have indicated that they would like to be able to buy small land plot in their own name.

Your pathetic 8% group can only come up with new restrictions for us and so no wonder you are such an outcast over here..

biker,,

My whereabouts have nothing to do with the fact that you were totally outvoted in recent survey poll on TVF it resulted in 92% of the 700 voters who have indicated that they would like to be able to buy small land plot in their own name.

Your pathetic 8% group can only come up with new restrictions for us and so no wonder you are such an outcast over here..

I didn't even vote, so not sure what pathetic group you're talking about. Besides, what is the point of your rant(s). If you get a bunch of foreigners in the USA to vote on getting similar rights to citizens, I'd guess the "yes" vote would be pretty high. But then, what have you really accomplished?

biker,,

Just to point out PJ doesn't live in Thailand either.

(waiver on entry or tourist VISA, if I'm not mistaken)

Please feel free to correct me if you are using any type of long term expat/residential VISA PJ, and I will profusely apologize.

As far as I can tell, PJ and Wowfactor have approximately equal residential status in Thailand (NONE to be exact).

So completely pointless for the two of you to argue about it.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Hopefully after elections government officials will decide that certain rules/laws should be updated for Foreigners.Nowadays there is too much negativity from foreigners towards Thailand mostly due too unfair regulations.This sentiment is leading to a decrease of foreigners and decrease of foreigner investments in Thailand.

The poll survey results clearly indicates that 92% of the 700 voters is want some improvements

1.Ease land owning regulations so allow us foreigners to limited ownership example max purchase of one rai in our own name on the title deed.

2.Ban the 49% foreigner business ownership rules with thai share holders but change it into a 100% foreigner business ownership in Thailand.

3.Present us a one stamp a year hassle free visa.With no strings attached except our one year payment.

4.Land plots bigger then one rai should come with a minimum of one 100 year lease.

5.Police / and Thai courts need be more serious to end the Thai against farang crimes.(no 500 BHT fine for a bag snatcher)

6.Police need change their hot uniform in a uniform that is more suitable for this hot climate.Example bermudas and shirts with short sleeve.

7.Ban jet skies en horses from all Thai beaches.

8.Bring back on the beach chairs ,umbrellas,food and cooling drinks.

9.Consider all outdoor burnings a serious crime that carries a minimum of 2,500 BHT fine.

10.Modernize and simplify the rules for work permits.example 4 staff rules etc etc...

11.Ban all security guards from carrying whistles.

12.Go back to a democratic system as that will surely help to recover with the poor economical situation of Thailand.

13.Offer expats health care insurances for a reasonable price.

14.End the dual pricing in Thailand especially in hospitals.

Been long enough in Thailand to know what i am talking about...

There are indeed more foreigners leaving Thailand then entering Thailand that is for sure...

Let me guess: For every 100 foreigners, 92 are leaving Thailand and 8 are entering Thailand.

The government should organize a basic health insurance program that foreigners can buy into that would cover preexisting conditions and require all resident foreigners to buy this basic program. Luxury private plans could be optional.

No insurance company would issue a policy that covered existing conditions, unless at a premium which would exceed the cost of treatment. They are there to make money, not to provide a health service.

Of course not a private company.

I was CLEARLY talking about including foreigner on some kind of Thai GOVERNMENT plan and forcing all foreigners to participate in the pay in, so that the pool is large and not only high risk people who can't get private insurance to cover their problems.

So healthy farangs should subsidise medical care for farangs who have pre-exisitng conditions?

Out of the question

If an expat chooses to neglect his health, that's up to him.

I ain't covering his triple bypass

just as a side note "coronary artery disease" is a "disease" not necessarily the result of unhealthy life style.

It's the attitude of the poster who stated "I ain't paying for his triple bypass" that has made passing national health care so difficult in America. Well, that and a lot of powerful vested interests. Unfortunately, attitudes like that lead to people, especially the young, not having any health insurance. So, when they are sick or in an accident they go to the emergency rooms--where they are treated for free. It leads to sick people not getting treatment because they can't afford it. I believe in a national health care non-profit system that everyone pays into and a triple bypass is covered whether it is 'pre-existing' or not. (try nailing down when some health issues began--just a great excuse for the health insurance companies to wiggle out of covering something!) Yes, some people live unhealthy lifestyles and a healthy person will help pay for his health care. But, the unhealthy lifestyle guy will also pay for the healthy person who falls off his motorcycle at a high rate of speed, runs up a million dollars in medical fees, and will need a health care worker for the rest of his life. I hope the "I'm not paying..." guy stays healthy and doesn't develop some super costly illness that his insurance company decides was "pre-existing".

The government should organize a basic health insurance program that foreigners can buy into that would cover preexisting conditions and require all resident foreigners to buy this basic program. Luxury private plans could be optional.

No insurance company would issue a policy that covered existing conditions, unless at a premium which would exceed the cost of treatment. They are there to make money, not to provide a health service.

Of course not a private company.

I was CLEARLY talking about including foreigner on some kind of Thai GOVERNMENT plan and forcing all foreigners to participate in the pay in, so that the pool is large and not only high risk people who can't get private insurance to cover their problems.

So healthy farangs should subsidise medical care for farangs who have pre-exisitng conditions?

Out of the question

If an expat chooses to neglect his health, that's up to him.

I ain't covering his triple bypass

just as a side note "coronary artery disease" is a "disease" not necessarily the result of unhealthy life style.

I think everyone ought to pay for their own health care.

That said, expats working in Thailand qualify for the same social and medical benefits as Thais.

That so many of the people posting here think the government should take money away from working people and give it to them (generally non- working people) does not surprise me.

The time to buy health insurance is before you have a pre-existing condition. The availability of health insurance at reasonable cost was one of the reasons that I moved to Thailand 10+ years as such coverage was not available to me in the USA.

The time to buy health insurance is before you have a pre-existing condition. The availability of health insurance at reasonable cost was one of the reasons that I moved to Thailand 10+ years as such coverage was not available to me in the USA.

Yes, but then it would not be a "pre-existing condition".

The whole idea is to not pay anything until you get cancer or AIDS or need a liver transplant or whatnot, and then buy "insurance" for $50 a month to cover your $10,000 a month healthcare costs.

It's the attitude of the poster who stated "I ain't paying for his triple bypass" that has made passing national health care so difficult in America. Well, that and a lot of powerful vested interests. Unfortunately, attitudes like that lead to people, especially the young, not having any health insurance. So, when they are sick or in an accident they go to the emergency rooms--where they are treated for free. It leads to sick people not getting treatment because they can't afford it. I believe in a national health care non-profit system that everyone pays into and a triple bypass is covered whether it is 'pre-existing' or not. (try nailing down when some health issues began--just a great excuse for the health insurance companies to wiggle out of covering something!) Yes, some people live unhealthy lifestyles and a healthy person will help pay for his health care. But, the unhealthy lifestyle guy will also pay for the healthy person who falls off his motorcycle at a high rate of speed, runs up a million dollars in medical fees, and will need a health care worker for the rest of his life. I hope the "I'm not paying..." guy stays healthy and doesn't develop some super costly illness that his insurance company decides was "pre-existing".

I can't believe that someone can go to the ER in the States and have a heart transplant for free. I thought they just patched you up and kicked you out.

a national health care non-profit system that everyone pays into

That would be great if it worked like that, but now there are so many unemployed/ unemployable it becomes unfair on the taxpayers. I'd like to see a national health system run by the government that provides not for profit affordable insurance. IMO it is the fact that health care in the States is for profit that makes it unaffordable for many.

I worked for the NHS in the UK and can state that while it is great to have free health care, it's completely exploited by bad people from the consultants and managers that are corrupt to foreign origin citizens that bring in their aged relatives to rip off the system. So much so it's un affordable and will probably vanish at some stage.

IMO, it should only be for unforseeable events ie accidents, cancer etc. Everything else should be insured for if it's forseeable ie heart disease for smokers. Certainly, a public health service should not be doing transplants at taxpayer expense, or IVF/ routine pregnancies etc.

By trying to do everything for everyone ( which was not the intent when it was set up ) it is in danger of doing nothing for anyone in the future.

To make this Thai related. I'd like to see an affordable Thai ( government ) insurance scheme for all farangs. At present once you pass 65 it becomes unaffordable.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

I can't believe that someone can go to the ER in the States and have a heart transplant for free. I thought they just patched you up and kicked you out.

a national health care non-profit system that everyone pays into

That would be great if it worked like that, but now there are so many unemployed/ unemployable it becomes unfair on the taxpayers. I'd like to see a national health system run by the government that provides not for profit affordable insurance. IMO it is the fact that health care in the States is for profit that makes it unaffordable for many.

I worked for the NHS in the UK and can state that while it is great to have free health care, it's completely exploited by bad people from the consultants and managers that are corrupt to foreign origin citizens that bring in their aged relatives to rip off the system. So much so it's un affordable and will probably vanish at some stage.

IMO, it should only be for unforseeable events ie accidents, cancer etc. Everything else should be insured for if it's forseeable ie heart disease for smokers. Certainly, a public health service should not be doing transplants at taxpayer expense, or IVF/ routine pregnancies etc.

By trying to do everything for everyone ( which was not the intent when it was set up ) it is in danger of doing nothing for anyone in the future.

To make this Thai related. I'd like to see an affordable Thai ( government ) insurance scheme for all farangs. At present once you pass 65 it becomes unaffordable.

The fact that healthcare in the U.S. I'd for profit has nothing to do with how expensive it is. Most everything in the U.S. Is for profit, and most everything but healthcare is very affordable.

What drives the cost of healthcare up in the U.S., is the fact that almost no one pays for it directly. If someone has a $5 co-pay they don't even look at the$10,000 bill they get for the stomach ache they went in for.

If you need heart surgery and tell them you don't have any money they sign you up for Medicaid and the the public steps in and pays your bills.

People that think people in the U.S. are not able to get healthcare are either uniformed or lying or both.

biker,,

Just to point out PJ doesn't live in Thailand either.

(waiver on entry or tourist VISA, if I'm not mistaken)

Please feel free to correct me if you are using any type of long term expat/residential VISA PJ, and I will profusely apologize.

As far as I can tell, PJ and Wowfactor have approximately equal residential status in Thailand (NONE to be exact).

So completely pointless for the two of you to argue about it.

i see your online,

i thought you was going to apologize profusely,?

I really don’t know where you come to the conclusion that i don’t live here,

Ive been a member on here for years with the same name, never left and come back as another,

There have been pictures on me and my family, wife and children here in Thailand in the farming section in the farm photos thread,

Yet there you are saying i don’t live here,

regards

jake