Roosters!

Jack2326

Recently, I moved into a house just outside of nongkhai, great little place and I'm happy with it except for one thing. Unfortunately, I didn't take the time to really examine the area because just in behind me are Thai neighbours that keep loud roosters. I mean loud! These birds, I'm sure are in competition with each other, and scream nearly all day long. I'm being driven slowly mad. Is there any recourse I have to quiet these birds down. I met one of guys who keeps the roosters and thought about voicing my concern about his loud birds, as friendly as possible, but there's no way to communicate with him. Maybe lodging a complaint with the police, or is this just showing my naivety? Any ideas? Thanks, jack.

Yup ^^^. Who was there first you or Roo?

Actually you will get used to the beasts, I hardly notice ours now except when they alarm due to some sort of predator in the area.

thought about voicing my concern about his loud birds

Maybe lodging a complaint with the police,

One can only hope you're joking.

Maybe mention all the noise the leaves in the trees make when the wind is blowing too and the buzzing sounds some insects make. You could hoist a flag in front of the house whenever you're in residence so everyone knows to tiptoe when passing by.

Just one of the reasons I would never live in the outback. And lack of Western food. And stable internet. And packs of unfettered wild dogs.

One of the reasons I wouldn't like to live in the City, all that traffic noise and polution. Plenty of Western food available here you just have to go a little bit further to get it sometimes. There are 3 7/11's in the local town. No problems with the net here, and don't tell me that there are no packs of soi dogs in the City. A few roosters crowing doesn't bother me, also plenty of other birdlife to see and hear. I have to admit that the koel birds annoy me at times, but you get those in the city too.

I can't tell from the op if he lives in an urban or rural area. If rural then I'd reckon there's not much to do about it except live with it. If urban i.e. densely populated housing estates then my personal experience in Pattaya is that you can report them as a nuisance just as you could with a continually barking dog, loud music etc. Pattaya city police visited a near neighbour and issued the offending cocks owner a written notice to keep the animal quiet. What I found surprising is that once the city officials showed up other nearby Thai neighbors complained to them about the same thing. However prior to that they all kept quiet and left it to the farang to make the official complaint. Cowards.

Yup ^^^. Who was there first you or Roo?

Actually you will get used to the beasts, I hardly notice ours now except when they alarm due to some sort of predator in the area.

. You never get used to them only earplugs work, Move Now, before u go Cukoo

Just one of the reasons I would never live in the outback. And lack of Western food. And stable internet. And packs of unfettered wild dogs.

. There's more packs of Dogs in Patts than Issan, I carry a stun gun at all times, saved me many a time, just the noise sends them packing

I only go to our house for short stints during holidays so never really get chance to get used to them. So when we built the house I made sure our bedrooms were double glazed. Can hardly hear anything in the morning now. I wouldn't mind but the things are ours anyway. If I had my way I'd shoot the lot by the wife's dad lives on our land and takes care of it when we're away and he wants them.