Where Can Tgf Visit Without Hassles?

Rather than add another thread dealing with a specific country, I'd like to ask if anyone knows of any tropical locations that a thai girl can visit for a couple of weeks without hassle. I suspect that there is not, but it is worth a try. (Thais seem captives of their country) She is a former bar girl and lives in Chon Buri and I am a U.S. resident living in Hawaii. I would love to meet her in some remote Pacific or Asian location for a 2-week holiday. Places like Fiji, Samoa (not American Samoa), Indonesia, and the like spring to mind but I am open to suggestions. I am not interested in taking her to the U.S. or Europe. Thanks in advance.

Thanks kiakaha and vinny,

Following vinny's links and then more links led me to select these countries/territories as possible spots:

COOK ISLANDS

If visit is solely for touristic purposes: visa not required for a

stay of max. 31 days.

If visit is for business purposes (which may include acting for or on

behalf of a person/firm established outside Cook Islands): visa

required (which can be issued on arrival), for a stay of max. 21 days.

FIJI

Visa not required. On arrival a visitor's permit can be obtained for a

stay of max. 4 months.

HONG KONG

Visa not required for stay of max. 1 month.

INDONESIA

Visa not required for a max. stay of 30 days, provided:

- coming for touristic purposes only; and

- arriving at certain airports.

MALAYSIA

Visa not required for a stay of max. 1 month.

MICRONESIA

Visa not required for a stay of max. 30 days, provided coming for

touristic or visitor purposes.

NIUE

Visa not required for a stay up to 30 days.

PHILIPPINES

Visa not required for a max. stay of 21 days. Extension may be possible.

SAMOA

Visa not required if holding a visitor's permit, which can be obtained

on arrival for a stay of max. 60 days. Extension is possible.

Thanks again for the help! By the way, this list came from Google Answers: Thai Citizen -- what countries can visit without visa beforehand

Edited by Barefoot

There was also member of this forum who took his Thai girlfriend to visit Bermuda for which, if memory serves me well, she didn't require a visa.

Scouse.

That's correct. Thai's don't need a visa for Bermuda. They don't need a visa to transit the UK either, even if you land at Heathrow and transfer to Gatwick.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pa...125559336313#Q4

As its states you must arrive and leave by air within 24 hours and have no intention of staying in the UK (you can travel by rail or road between two airports); and have a confirmed onward booking that will leave within 24 hours of your arrival in the UK.

Only problem is we are about to be hit by a hurricane !! :o

That's correct. Thai's don't need a visa for Bermuda. They don't need a visa to transit the UK either, even if you land at Heathrow and transfer to Gatwick.

Bermuda is expensive -- especially to someone accustomed to Thailand's prices. Did that last terr*r alert have any lasting impact on visa-free transit in the UK?

Brazil is also an option -- but be warned: while Thais don't need a visa to go there YOU might. And depending on your situation, they may suggest you return to your home country to get it.

That link I provided was current from the UKVisa site. I haven't had any first hand experience for a while as my wife has a UK visa now anyway. I know, I am surprised that it is still the same, but can't see anything to the contrary.

Yea Bermuda is expensive, and a long way from the OP. It isn't a remote Pacific or Asian location either, but when you are limited to where you can travel by visa restrictions it's handy to know you can get here without one if you want to.