Bangkok Girl: What really happened to Pla?

sly2kusa

I used to'go out' with her mate who worked at the same bar, Pla borrowed money off her for an abortion on soi 12, of course she was a sex worker. Can't really understand why the OP is obsessed by what happened somebody he never even met.

Can we not bottom this out then, can you bell you ex & ask where this Pla bird is. Let's get to the bottom of it and you're the man to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to'go out' with her mate who worked at the same bar, Pla borrowed money off her for an abortion on soi 12, of course she was a sex worker. Can't really understand why the OP is obsessed by what happened somebody he never even met.

I don't think I would call it an obsession as much as it is an interest. The story left so much to be desired in the end, and all I (and a lot of others) want to know is if it was all smoke and mirrors by Jordan Clark (regarding her death) or if she truly did in fact die.

You don't need to know someone personally to have compassion for them. The documentary introduced us to someone we all hoped had better days ahead of her, and I believe I am not alone when I say that most (if not all) of us hope that Pla made it out of her situation alive and well. There are so many conflicting reports in various forums of this being the case, but as with this thread - they are only simple mentions with no real evidence (and like I said in the beginning - a person should have full rights to their privacy, which may be why Pla could still be alive and well, and simply not speaking. She has every right to do that, but it also leaves people wondering if perhaps she hasn't spoken before now because she no longer can).

Is there any chance you are still in contact with people who know/knew Pla, that would be willing to let us know the truth?

The film was about as convincing as the good woman of Bangkok- just acting out a part.

Well - it would have been nice for those of us not in the know to have heard it directly from someone who is.

Thanks anyway...

I don't think I would call it an obsession as much as it is an interest. The story left so much to be desired in the end, and all I (and a lot of others) want to know is if it was all smoke and mirrors by Jordan Clark (regarding her death) or if she truly did in fact die.

You don't need to know someone personally to have compassion for them. The documentary introduced us to someone we all hoped had better days ahead of her, and I believe I am not alone when I say that most (if not all) of us hope that Pla made it out of her situation alive and well. There are so many conflicting reports in various forums of this being the case, but as with this thread - they are only simple mentions with no real evidence (and like I said in the beginning - a person should have full rights to their privacy, which may be why Pla could still be alive and well, and simply not speaking. She has every right to do that, but it also leaves people wondering if perhaps she hasn't spoken before now because she no longer can).

Is there any chance you are still in contact with people who know/knew Pla, that would be willing to let us know the truth?

Judging from the film having a hoard of perved sexpats knowing where she is could likely be the last thing she would be interested in.

Could have been the story ending at her request. Not a bad idea actually.

I knew Pla in passing for several years whilst working in Bangkok, during all the time I knew her she was the bar tender and day time manager of a bar on Sukhumvit near Soi 11. I never saw her go with customers but I did witness her skillful rejection of more than a few propositons. Plus, she was always pretty clear about not wanting to work the evening shift, one of the reasons for this was because she looked after her mother at that time. If all of that makes her a bar girl, so be it, I don't think it does. Did she go with men, almost certainly, what female in Thailand isn't looking to improve their lot and get married and be happy. So when she did eventually meet Mr Right I was actually quite pleased for her and I hope she remains happy.

I knew Pla in passing for several years whilst working in Bangkok, during all the time I knew her she was the bar tender and day time manager of a bar on Sukhumvit near Soi 11. I never saw her go with customers but I did witness her skillful rejection of more than a few propositons. Plus, she was always pretty clear about not wanting to work the evening shift, one of the reasons for this was because she looked after her mother at that time. If all of that makes her a bar girl, so be it, I don't think it does. Did she go with men, almost certainly, what female in Thailand isn't looking to improve their lot and get married and be happy. So when she did eventually meet Mr Right I was actually quite pleased for her and I hope she remains happy.[/quote

So you know for certain that she is alive and well and met Mr right??

I knew Pla in passing for several years whilst working in Bangkok, during all the time I knew her she was the bar tender and day time manager of a bar on Sukhumvit near Soi 11. I never saw her go with customers but I did witness her skillful rejection of more than a few propositons. Plus, she was always pretty clear about not wanting to work the evening shift, one of the reasons for this was because she looked after her mother at that time. If all of that makes her a bar girl, so be it, I don't think it does. Did she go with men, almost certainly, what female in Thailand isn't looking to improve their lot and get married and be happy. So when she did eventually meet Mr Right I was actually quite pleased for her and I hope she remains happy.[/quote

So you know for certain that she is alive and well and met Mr right??

In my post #27 in this thread I explained that the last time I saw her was near Emporium, in 2004, with her soon to be German husband - I've rethought that date and now suggest it may well have been 2005 or early 2006 although I cannot be precise, I have not heard or seen anything of her since, other than that I er, um "saw" one of her friends/ex-coworkers about one year later and she said that Pla had gone to Germany.

different girl surely

100% same girl and don't call me surely. biggrin.png

EDIT for clarity: In truth I had developed a bit of a crush on Pla, I liked her personality and she was excellent company, smart, funny, polite etc. My personal circumstances prevented me from pursing a relationship with her although I almost certainly would have done so had things been different in my life at the time, (yes, even though she was a "bar girl", whatever that may mean).

Edited by chiang mai
  • Like 2

different girl surely

100% same girl and don't call me surely. biggrin.png

EDIT for clarity: In truth I had developed a bit of a crush on Pla, I liked her personality and she was excellent company, smart, funny, polite etc. My personal circumstances prevented me from pursing a relationship with her although I almost certainly would have done so had things been different in my life at the time, (yes, even though she was a "bar girl", whatever that may mean).

chaing mai - thank you again for your input on this. Forgive me for having continued with this topic after you already shared the things you did, but another person had claimed to have dated one of Pla's 'mates', and so naturally I asked if he would be willing to see if he could get in touch with any of them to shed additional / new light onto this question. It went nowhere, but does not detour me from what I said about what you had to share earlier (and especially again). It gives me peace knowing that she is in fact alive and well and living a better life now.

smile.png

P.S. I can understand how you would have fallen for her - she is a lovely gal, and has a fun sense of humor and just all around kind heart type of person. Who would not love someone like that?

I often run into old "flames" that are now boring old middle-aged housewives. A couple are even married to friends who showed up in Thailand when they were passed their prime. I have no idea if these guys know about their pasts.

• Like 1

I often run into old "flames" that are now boring old middle-aged housewives. A couple are even married to friends who showed up in Thailand when they were passed their prime. I have no idea if these guys know about their pasts.

+1

A post has been removed please see the following rule that you agreed when you signed up to Thai Visa:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

• 8 months later...

Bangkok Girl is an over the top highly distorted and false documentary by some guy who probably flew in to do this

and doesn't know much about Thailand. The fact that he lies about the girl dying

shows how much the entire documentary can be trusted. A serious documentary maker would not lie like that.

I watched it and a huge waste of 45 minutes of my life.

Edited by tuonsai