dog shelter in pattaya to volunteer

rickthailand

as i just moved to pattaya and have alot of free time on my hands and love dogs i wonder

is there a dog shelter/resque in pattaya where i could volunteer taking care of the dogs

or walking them etc.

thanx in advance

rick

What visa are you on?

If it is a non-immigrant O-A visa, aka retirement visa, you are not allowed to work.

You need a work permit visa to volunteer in Thailand.

You can get a work permit on a marriage extension. Cost 3100 baht and a pile of paperwork for the volunteer and the organization.

You can volunteer in Bangkok, the big organizations will provide you with a work permit but I think they have a lot applicants from all over the world each year, not sure about Pattaya.

honestly I see these doggy do gooders every morning dumping food and things on the street for the strays

even putting collars on them and its no solution

the solution is to spay or neuter them then the population at the shelter would be a lot less

dont feed the problem fix it

make sure you have a work permit otherwise it is illegal even as a volunteer.

So sad that you are absolutely correct. Sometimes when I pick up garbage on the beach that someone has left behind, I wonder who is watching. Bizarre rule.

Autobahn

1/ A motorway in Germany that links major cities

2/ Any post that Rimmer dies not find humorous even though the majority of members do..........coffee1.gif

What was it the other sites refer to the modes on TV............whiter than white......yer that about describes them.

honestly I see these doggy do gooders every morning dumping food and things on the street for the strays

even putting collars on them and its no solution

the solution is to spay or neuter them then the population at the shelter would be a lot less

dont feed the problem fix it

This seems not to answer a legitimate question from the OP.

Drifting in thought is sometimes good and brings up some good points. However, the OPs questions remain unanswered.

PAC, presumably the largest shelter in the region. Can find them on Facebook under PAC

i have contacted them and they dont have a shelter they supply food and vet care to dogs at

Pattaya dog camp but they do meet on saturdays so will have to check it out

rick

PAC, presumably the largest shelter in the region. Can find them on Facebook under PAC

i have contacted them and they dont have a shelter they supply food and vet care to dogs at

Pattaya dog camp but they do meet on saturdays so will have to check it out

rick

Another one is care for dogs. Karen . She is based in Chiang mai, but also has small one here

OP have you also considered assisting with an orphanage or NGO assisting the poor (many locals residing in Pattaya are very poor).

No he has chosen to help those who can not help themselves.

Do you assist orphans? Or give money to the poor?

OP have you also considered assisting with an orphanage or NGO assisting the poor (many locals residing in Pattaya are very poor).

No he has chosen to help those who can not help themselves.

Do you assist orphans? Or give money to the poor?

When I lived in Pattaya, though my wife, yes we assisted some poor who she knew personally through family connections financially on a monthly basis for food and some clothing. FYI they were elderly females who had minimal capacity for self help and nearly zero support from the Thai government other than about 600 baht pcm.

Rather than making uninformed assumptions, maybe OP is interested in contributing to helping the less fortunate human beings in Pattaya who he may not be aware of as just moved to Pattaya.

Edited by simple1

Here, here. Well said. I cannot understand this pre-occupation for caring for animals (especially the dog scourge) when there are humans as an outlet for your finer feelings.

Dogs are noisy, numerous and the cause of many accidents on the road; they are the source of many sleepless nights; they are disease carriers; often deformed and suffering. 60 years ago UK had a similar problem but legislation has eradicated strays; road accidents have fallen; sheep worrying has all but disappeared. There only remains the small number of children blinded each year through exposure to dog dirt in public parks.

Thailand eventually will learn the fatal nuisance that are (Thai) dogs.

Fosseway. Of course starting a company and getting a WP are completely different. The point I was making, was that if a Thai Company is created with an authorised Capital

of 2 million baht, then one is able to apply for a WP more or less as of a right. More forms admittedly, but it gets over the problem! I should know! I am involved in more than one !