Food grade silicone grease

petermik

How much do you need and what for? We use such to lube up the o-ring seals for various scuba diving equipment. Therefore, small tubes of it are sold in dive supply shops. Camera shops might have it as well. The glue and lubes section of Home Pro stocks lots of different types of lubricants so they may have a food grade silicone.

Just found it on a website for bicycles (and equipment).

http://www.888bike.net/product/2612/%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%9A%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%82%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A7-superlube-synthetic-multi-purpose-grease-85-%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%A1-21030

So if you know one of the upscale bicycle shops its worth to ask.

I know that at least one such shop is on Thepprasit road (Jomtien).

Forgot the details.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Also a good idea to use it on metal threads of faucet aerators, shower heads etc. so that they will remain easily removable.

For rotatable taps (at the joint) it is also good to use.

I still have some remaining from my home country.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Thanks its for lubricating and preserving "0" rings seals on my newly purchased water purifier.

That is EXACTLY what I wanted it for. I used a lot, too, because I had many, many plastic pipe unions in the layout all of which had o-rings. I am working on the electric control board design for the system at this very minute (has solenoid valves, pumps, float switches, etc.).

Let me throw in something else if you haven't started yet. I am not a plumber but have had a lot of experience in the US. I have seldom EVER had a leak. but in the US, everything has tapered threads. A couple of wraps of Teflon tape or a little Teflon paste (never seen it here) and you are good to go. My design has lot of valves, and other threaded parts. I imported the water filtration system. Having had experience with non-tapered Thai threads on everything here, and the need for 20 wraps of Teflon tape, I also imported several tubs of RectorSeal T Plus 2 Telfon paste pipe sealant. I probably had close to 100 threaded connections (maybe an exaggeration).

Knowing RectorSeal is The Stuff, that's all I used on the threads. I had no leaks on any threaded connections on parts imported from the US, But darn near every one of the Thai-made threaded connections leaked! I had to take it all apart and wrapped in Teflon tape, and a lot of them still leaked. Did it again; more Teflon tape, trying to find the balance between too much and not enough. It was a frustration beyond measure. I don't do shoddy work and I had not expected any leaks. Many of my friends said that after working with Thai threads and getting leak after leak, they just gave up and epoxied the threads. I did not want to do that.

An Australian friend gave me a great tip. He said to throw away the Teflon tape and paste and just use 100% silicone caulk in the [clean!] threads and you will never have a leak. You can also get it apart if you have to. I have since tried this on many threaded connections. Had I done it this way the first time, it would have saved my untold heartache and frustration, as well as 50-100 hours of time!

Think about it.