SURVEY: Should Thailand and other SE Asian countries allow boat people temporary asylum?

Scott

Should the Rohingya and Bangladeshi boat people be given temporary asylum?  

247 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Save one boat of immigrants , and hundreds more will follow .

Who , will feed and shelter them , and their off springs, for the duration, of their lives ??

The basic law of Nature is ,

Survival of the fittest , what ever the so called civilised World , may think.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? Are we supposed to blame a country for what they did some 100 years

ago? Lame, is what the comment of joshstiles is!, what are you a Brit hater?

My question to this is, Except the Russia and Ukraine situation, who is fighting

all over the place? Who are ISIL, Taliban, Al Shabaab, Al Qaeda , and Boko Haram.

What is their agenda, what part of the world are they from. What is their belief?

Who are their supporters? I wonder just who are the suspected insurgents in

Thailand? What kind of people are Islamic extremists?

I have read about the people who are trying to escape from Burma, and I wonder why

they do not head for Malaysia and other Muslim countries.

Everyone involved with the trafficking in the past should, be dealt with, but how do you even find

them, when they are hiding in the population of Thailand and other countries, and

money and corruption is what keeps them operating.

Yes, but only with assurance from the UN and the international community for assistance and resettlement options.

Yes, they should be allowed to remain, regardless of how long it takes to find a solution.

No, they should not be allowed to land, but should be given supplies and sent back to sea.

Can't vote for 1 as the UN is broke and inevitably they will end up stuck in Thailand.

No for obvious reasons.

I voted that, but only because that is the only way to stop people putting their lives in the hands of the filth, scum traffickers. Allow one boat load to land and there will be a hundred more coming. Australia has proven that it is possible to stop people getting on boats in the first place.

I'd have liked to see an another category- give them supplies and tow them back whence they came, or to an island where the UN can feed them and they will be safe from death while not causing problems in another country. I don't like the only options of taking them or leaving them floating at sea.

As an aside, the media are either getting conned, or are enabling deception- Al Jazira has a story about a Rohinga woman that had supposedly been in a boat for "months". Complete BS- those people are skinny as they haven't had enough to eat, but this woman was rather fat and certainly looked well fed.

Often see stories on media about "starving" people fleeing persecution that complain about having no food, but have plump children and obese mother.

Thailand is giving food, water & medicines and taking care of the sick and weary. Then provide enough fuel to return to their birth place either Bangladesh, Myanmar or India or wherever.

It is not up to the international community to accept illegal boat people wherever they decided they want to settle. Thailand didn't force them to pay a boat people smuggler. Thailand or the international community didn't say you get on that boat ...

Why should other countries pay for the relocation of thousands when it's their plight and choice to go elsewhere. ?

Thailand is correct in the firm stance they are taking and most don't want them here. Imagine them resettling in the south and in two years wanting autonomy from Thailand. Killings and bombings etc ... all because the doo gooders want to force countries to accept them.

No thanks. Check the survey results ...

It is not up to the international community to accept illegal boat people

Unfortunately the "international" ( Western ) community is run by bleeding heart people that think it is the obligation of their taxpayers to fund illegal immigrants. Now IRELAND is sending ships to pick up illegals off the coast of Libya ( they don't even wait till they get near Europe ) and depositing them in Italy. Fine if they take them back to Ireland, but like that's going to happen cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif . Nice to know Ireland is so keen to flood Italy with illegals while they will probably not take any themselves.

It is worth noting Britain has refused to take any of them- good on ya Cameron.

Thailand is giving food, water & medicines and taking care of the sick and weary. Then provide enough fuel to return to their birth place either Bangladesh, Myanmar or India or wherever.

It is not up to the international community to accept illegal boat people wherever they decided they want to settle. Thailand didn't force them to pay a boat people smuggler. Thailand or the international community didn't say you get on that boat ...

Why should other countries pay for the relocation of thousands when it's their plight and choice to go elsewhere. ?

Thailand is correct in the firm stance they are taking and most don't want them here. Imagine them resettling in the south and in two years wanting autonomy from Thailand. Killings and bombings etc ... all because the doo gooders want to force countries to accept them.

No thanks. Check the survey results ...

It is not up to the international community to accept illegal boat people

Unfortunately the "international" ( Western ) community is run by bleeding heart people that think it is the obligation of their taxpayers to fund illegal immigrants. Now IRELAND is sending ships to pick up illegals off the coast of Libya ( they don't even wait till they get near Europe ) and depositing them in Italy. Fine if they take them back to Ireland, but like that's going to happen cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif . Nice to know Ireland is so keen to flood Italy with illegals while they will probably not take any themselves.

It is worth noting Britain has refused to take any of them- good on ya Cameron.

Next thing you know they will expect Malaysia to send ship every week to pick them up in Myanmar and then onto Bangladesh ... then return ...gigglem.gif maybe they could open up a travel agency on the beach in Myanmar ...

Sadly in the uncivilised World , life is cheap .

So , do we in the wealthy West the,so called civilised World, offer to pay more taxes , to save our fellow Human beings .

Answer , NO...... coffee1.gif more biscuits please.

Edited by elliss

So , do we in the wealthy West the,so called civilised World, offer to pay more taxes , to save our fellow Human beings .

BRITAIN ALREADY GIVES A FORTUNE IN OVERSEAS AID, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH Edited by i claudius

Most of these people are of one race,Muslim. And what do we know

Honour killings. Muslims

Bombings. Muslims

Suicide attacks. Muslims

Killing people who say anything about their prophet. Muslims

One sect killing another sect. Muslims

Going to the west and not integrating Muslims

Well I for one do not want them so send them back

Many western countries care little about their own citizens. I do not understand why they give priority to illegals.

Im rather shocked by the amount of heartless so called humans in TV...

So,,, we can expect you to offer to pay more taxes to save these immigrants .

Talk is cheap on the internet . Actions speak louder , than words .

Do something , Man .

coffee1.gif , more biscuits , please .

Honour killings. Muslims

Bombings. Muslims

Suicide attacks. Muslims

Guess you must be a Christian.

Honour killings. Muslims

Bombings. Muslims

Suicide attacks. Muslims

That's not what I would have thought.

For decades Burma has systematically abused its own people and there was hardly a peep out of the western media and certainly not the BBC. Now there is a minority being abused by the ordinary Burmese and the BBC are there in force to report on the abuse. Shame on the BBC for ignoring what has been going on in Burma and now pointing the finger at Thailand and Malaysia.

Honour killings. Muslims

Bombings. Muslims

Suicide attacks. Muslims

better a Christian , than a muslim...

For decades Burma has systematically abused its own people and there was hardly a peep out of the western media and certainly not the BBC. Now there is a minority being abused by the ordinary Burmese and the BBC are there in force to report on the abuse. Shame on the BBC for ignoring what has been going on in Burma and now pointing the finger at Thailand and Malaysia.

The Beeb is in on the con.

Honour killings. Muslims

Bombings. Muslims

Suicide attacks. Muslims

That's not what I would have thought.

no just a realist after living amongst them and having to deal with them they were ,one of Gods bigger mistakes