Huge GM Recal, (Are Thai Cars effected)

it don't works a car will stop,

You'd better read the story behind before commenting whistling.gif

I am astonished that an English speaker has not read about this desaster.

Its all over the press worldwide (in misc languages).

Ever thought that there are situations when you would not like the motor to stop suddenly due to a faulty ignition switch?

Servo steering, breaking gone in mid driving?

Not so funny.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I'd be more concerned with the expanded Takata air bags recall, it will probably effect Thailand far more, those particular models you mention aren't even and never were offered in Thailand.

Yep, that would be an interesting thread for Thailand. The biggest auto supplier desaster ever.

The problem gos back to 2001! And amazingly the GM engineers didn't want to fix the problem in 2005.

Heads should roll on this one.

Edited by BSJ

it don't works a car will stop,

You'd better read the story behind before commenting whistling.gif

I am astonished that an English speaker has not read about this desaster.

Its all over the press worldwide (in misc languages).

Ever thought that there are situations when you would not like the motor to stop suddenly due to a faulty ignition switch?

Servo steering, breaking gone in mid driving?

Not so funny.

Steering and brakes would still work.

^ But suddenly they'd be veeery heavy and depending on the driver and the situation that would be very dangerous and quite possibly a very serious or fatal accident. There is at least one very notable former British royal that was most likely killed from a similar instance.

Steering and brakes would still work.

True and no problem on a straigth empty street, use more force and you can get it to stop.

But its easy to think about scenarions where this "surprise" could kill you.

In my beginner years I once found it a "funny try" to switch off the motor while downhill on a steep pass in the swiss alps.

When approaching the next serpentine I understood it was not a good idea.

Got it to stop, otherwise ,,,,

Edited by KhunBENQ

so with no vacuum in the servo you will loose all brake function.....since when?

I said they will still work, I never said they will still work as per when engine is running as obviously all assist will be gone.

so with no vacuum in the servo you will loose all brake function.....since when?

I said they will still work, I never said they will still work as per when engine is running as obviously all assist will be gone.

Try it with the engine off and see how long it will take to stop a car travelling at 80kph.

Try it with the engine off and see how long it will take to stop a car travelling at 80kph.

So you agree, brakes will still work.