Body of Arab-like foreigner found on Phuket beach

Thaivisa News

Phuket:- A body of an unidentified foreigner who looked like an Arab was found at rocks on a beach near a well-known resort in Tambon Rawai of Chalong district Saturday evening.

Pol Lt Weerayut Thansirisukwarakul, an officer on duty of the Chalong police station, was alerted at 8:30 pm about the body.

He informed Chalong police chief Pol Col Noppadol Thiraprawat who rushed to the scene with inspector Pol Lt Col Jamroon Playduang and rescuers from the Ruamjai Phuket Fuondation.

They found the body of a white man, who looked like an Arab, lying on his back. He had no shirt on. His shorts were lowered to his knees. He was wearing red sports shoes.

His head was resting on a black cloth bag. Three t-shirts and two trousers as well as a wallet were found the in the bag. The wallet had Bt325 in cash. No travel document and no identification card were found.

The man had apparently soiled himself. There was a sign of bite at his left knee. A liquor bottle and a drinking water bottle, which have not been opened, were found near the body. There was also a trace of vomit.

Officials believe the man had died at least six hours earlier.

His body was rushed to the Wachaira Phuket Hospital for an autopsy.

Investigators of the Chalong police station were dispatched to check the scene and take photos ad make a map of the location.

Resorts and hotels nearby were asked to check whether any of their guests had disappeared.

>A body of an unidentified foreigner who looked like an Arab

>They found the body of a white man, who looked like an Arab

Brilliant description. Perhaps that's supposed to mean แขกขาว khaek khaaw

I also appreciate the very relevant details of the trace of vomit and him soiling himself.

And what is the relevance of stating that he had Bt 325 in his wallet ?

Well, as we are expected to solve the mystery here on TV, it helps us by suggesting that he wasn't robbed! Come on steve, I know you Aussies are a bit slow but this is pretty elementary!

Well, as we are expected to solve the mystery here on TV, it helps us by suggesting that he wasn't robbed! Come on steve, I know you Aussies are a bit slow but this is pretty elementary!

Not really. What's to say they didn't just take all the $100 bills and leave the few Baht for the ferryman?

Snake bite? I read elsewhere that this was at Ban Krating in Ao Sane, which for whatever reason isn't mentioned here, perhaps due to this particular resort being pals with a certain fugitive ex PM.

What a load of drivel per se.

​Oh Ah.....A White Man that looks like an ARAB !!! ???

To be honest, after living in the mid east for many years there are quite a few. You would never know they were arab until they open there mouth and speak.

Rushed to hospital for an autopsy??

What, with sirens and lights flashing.

well.. if you dont leave in Phuket , let me tell you that the traffic is nightmare , so they gonna need 3/4 more times without sirens. Dont you think they should rush to hospital and then be ready to attend an other emergency with this time somebody they can save ? or would you be happy if you have an accident and ambulance is 30 min late because of a dead body stuck in the traffic ??.......

This pol really looks like we all have to gues what happened , oke lets start this investigation. So he find himself a good spot to rest, start to mastrubate, sudden he get bitten by a sea snake, before he could pull up his trousers he start to vomitting, and died.

My appologies for make fun of this, i hope the mistery gets solved, may his relatives have strength and may his soul rest in peace.

Perhaps to show that robbery was not the motive? And it would be helpful to know what kind of bite mark, because sea snakes have very short fangs and are relatively docile creatures, whereas a King Cobra ......... F@#%! Were there teeth marks or fang marks? IMO the reference to a "bite mark" is click bait.

Maybe ritual suicide - Cleopatra style? (Sorry - conspiracy theory!) " His head was resting on a black cloth bag. Three t-shirts and two trousers as well as a wallet were found the in the bag. The wallet had Bt325 in cash. No travel document and no identification card were found. The man had apparently soiled himself. There was a sign of bite at his left knee. A liquor bottle and a drinking water bottle, which have not been opened, were found near the body. There was also a trace of vomit."

Edited by sambum

Dead bodies always soil themselves, was that really necessary to include in the report.

I've seen a few dead bodies and can't remember any of them having shit themselves.

What time frame are you talking about that this happens?

Dead bodies always soil themselves, was that really necessary to include in the report.

I've seen a few dead bodies and can't remember any of them having shit themselves.

What time frame are you talking about that this happens?

I reckon it would be about the time that the pathologist gets his knife out!