On-Line Queue System in Phuket?

lianajohn

Hello expats in Phuket,

I read a post today about "On-Line Queue System" in Ching-Mai that people can make an appointment online (100-day prior to visa expiration date) for visa renewal (work visa, NIO, education). By registering the appointment online (10 quota a day), one can go straight to the immigration officer without waiting in a queue. Does anyone know if this option is also available in Phuket?

Last year when my hubby and I were trying to renew our visa, and we were told to come back the next day because the afternoon quota had run out. WTH! We were at the immigration office at 1:30PM! Of course we both were shocked because it was never the case before. Anyway, I never knew On-Line Queue System is available in other province, and it seems this option was available for more than three years. Does anyone have any clue that Phuket also has the same system? Thanks!

No - Phuket Immigration does not have any on-line queue system as yet. They can't seem to even get the 90 day on-line reporting system to work 100%.

This is not correct, Phuket has/had a online booking system for long term extensions.

Unfortunately this is falling in disarray and it's looks like that they don't use it anymore.

No - Phuket Immigration does not have any on-line queue system as yet. They can't seem to even get the 90 day on-line reporting system to work 100%.

This is not correct, Phuket has/had a online booking system for long term extensions.

Unfortunately this is falling in disarray and it's looks like that they don't use it anymore.

Really - I have never heard of an online booking system here in Phuket. I guess I just did not know any better over the 16 years that I have applied from my annual extension. Please tell me more, and the web link to make this booking.

Considering the many complaints about CM immigration I would not use them as a reference. Phuket immigration is in comparison with CM perfect.

Yes our CM system sucks big time. I still feel that someone or somebody has hijacked the system. If you check in at 12.03 a.m. chances are all 10 positions are booked. Its a 15 year old 10 slot system here that has never been updated to the best of my knowledge. Most of us expats are elderly I am 77 and its not fair to ask a person that old to sit outside for 3 hours to get a reasonable cue number. Also I have no car or motorbike and the taxi's do not run that early so it puts me in a real pickle. Forget about Thai culture consideration for the elderly its a fairy tale.

"Nod nod!"

90-day online reporting system in Phuket doesn't work 100% for various reasons. I know it because mine worked but my hubby's didn't. Nonetheless, I think if a feature is available in CM with On-Line Queue System, it should also be available in Phuket whether it is functioning properly or not. whistling.gif

Considering the many complaints about CM immigration I would not use them as a reference. Phuket immigration is in comparison with CM perfect.

Yes our CM system sucks big time. I still feel that someone or somebody has hijacked the system. If you check in at 12.03 a.m. chances are all 10 positions are booked. Its a 15 year old 10 slot system here that has never been updated to the best of my knowledge. Most of us expats are elderly I am 77 and its not fair to ask a person that old to sit outside for 3 hours to get a reasonable cue number. Also I have no car or motorbike and the taxi's do not run that early so it puts me in a real pickle. Forget about Thai culture consideration for the elderly its a fairy tale.

Phuket immigration had been good, as far as I remember, until last year when "visa run" was not an option anymore. Since then the immigration office became very crowded. Luckily there was a second office opened up in Patong though this office doesn't issue visa. According to your description, perhaps this On-Line Queue System is a fairy tale after all. sad.png

I got my (free) residence cert for drivers licences at downstairs Phuket Immigration the other day.....

farang fake cop was very helpful very nice guy..

Thai officials were slow as usual messing with there phones playing grab ass with the female supervisor in the back...

other than that done deal for FREE thanks.....

in Phuket now for motorbike and car license my appointment for test is July 15th......

amazing Thailand...

cheers

I got my (free) residence cert for drivers licences at downstairs Phuket Immigration the other day.....

Thai officials were slow as usual messing with there phones playing grab ass with the female supervisor in the back...

in Phuket now for motorbike and car license my appointment for test is July 15th......

amazing Thailand...

cheers

WHAT? You got the resident cert for free? How did you do that? facepalm.gif I'm sure many Phuket expats love to know the "trick". biggrin.png

amazing Thailand...

cheers

WHAT? You got the resident cert for free? How did you do that? facepalm.gif I'm sure many Phuket expats love to know the "trick". biggrin.png

Just go there give paper work that's it...

Was surprised too first time I ever got something for nothing at immigration besides a 30 entry stamp LOL

Maybe other immigration offices are different mai loo...

Anything else this Official looking residence certificate is used for besides driver licence??

Just wondering??

Certificate

s it...

RC you need also for buy car/bike and some banking.

Got mine free 2 month ago but had to wait about 2h.

Prefer the old way, pay 300 and in and out in 5min without copies, forms and all that s..te.

amazing Thailand...

cheers

got mine Monday to buy a car for free as well::::

1. NOTE if u have already registered ur address and have the slip they provide in ur passport

u copy that

2. copy visa

3. copy front page

4. copy tm card

5. fill out the aplication

quick and easy

get their 15 minutes BEFORE they open

amazing Thailand...

cheers

Was surprised too first time I ever got something for nothing at immigration besides a 30 entry stamp LOL

Anything else this Official looking residence certificate is used for besides driver licence??

Just wondering??

Certificate

s it...

Phuket charged me so I guess it was our experiences that were different not the office that mattered. As far as re-using your "official looking certificate" again...no. The Office of Land Transport will want the original and the original medical certificate as well. But again..your experience may be different. A little advise on getting your DL in Phuket. Write a will first, bring something soft to sit on and don't make any other plans for about four days.

Edited by csabo

Phuket charged me so I guess it was our experiences that were different not the office that mattered. As far as re-using your "official looking certificate" again...no. The Office of Land Transport will want the original and the original medical certificate as well. But again..your experience may be different. Al little advise on getting your DL in Phuket. Write a will first, bring something soft to sit on and don't make any other plans for about four days.

It really depends on what you want to do there and your preparation.

Just renewed my 5 year DL, was there at 08.45, was back in Kata again at noon with both new motorbike and car license, no medical required (only for first time application or upgrade temporary to 5 year medical is required). In stead of certificate of residence also yellow housebook or workpermit are accepted.

All in all an easy process.

Edited by stevenl

I seem to remember seeing an online queuing system for extension of stay renewal for the Phuket immigration office some time back (year or more ago). I believe it was non-functional, at any rate. If I remember correctly, it had you enter your passport number which was then placed in the queue along with your name and date of appointment for all to see. To say the least, it was less than secure. It was a work in progress, with very little progress in evidence. It has now disappeared.

That said, it seems the extension of stay renewals process appears to function better in Phuket than in Chiang Mai due to the overburdened nature of that particular office. It is still possible to go an any given day to Phuket immigration, submit your paperwork and pick up your passport with approved extension later that same day or the next day. There is some waiting to be done, but it's at least inside the air-conditioned office and for those on annual extension of stay a once a year thing. Not too bad. An online appointment system which worked would be welcome, however.

amazing Thailand...

cheers

Just wondering??

Certificate

s it...

Phuket charged me so I guess it was our experiences that were different not the office that mattered. As far as re-using your "official looking certificate" again...no. The Office of Land Transport will want the original and the original medical certificate as well. But again..your experience may be different. A little advise on getting your DL in Phuket. Write a will first, bring something soft to sit on and don't make any other plans for about four days.

I wonder which officer was the one who charged you while others could obtain the certificate for free. whistling.gif Perhaps you got it some time ago (I paid 300 Baht a year ago to renew my DL). I wonder if the office in Patong also issues the certificate of residence. facepalm.gif

amazing Thailand...

cheers

1. NOTE if u have already registered ur address and have the slip they provide in ur passport

u copy that

2. copy visa

3. copy front page

4. copy tm card

quick and easy

^ You also need 2 photos

Its probably been 5 or 6 months now that the big boss of Hkt Immigration , Colonel Sunchai Chokkajaykij denied there had ever been a charge for Certificates of Residency of 500 baht ( mayb because everyone actually always paid 300 baht ) , and that any charge was corruption and he'd like to hear about it on Ph 076-340477

He emphasized that 90 day reports were also free

Since then , the 90 day reports at Patong just got harder , whereas once you didnt need to do anything but present your passport ( and pay 100 ) , now you have get two photocopies from the young girls at the other door

My guess is the 20 baht you spend there is some sort of consolation for the officials ,,,,,

But there you go!

And if you are doing any licenses , you also need a Doctors Certificate

amazing Thailand...

cheers

u copy that

2. copy visa

3. copy front page

4. copy tm card

quick and easy

^ You also need 2 photos

Its probably been 5 or 6 months now that the big boss of Hkt Immigration , Colonel Sunchai Chokkajaykij denied there had ever been a charge for Certificates of Residency of 500 baht ( mayb because everyone actually always paid 300 baht ) , and that any charge was corruption and he'd like to hear about it on Ph 076-340477

Since then , the 90 day reports at Patong just got harder , whereas once you didnt need to do anything but present your passport ( and pay 100 ) , now you have get two photocopies from the young girls at the other door

My guess is the 20 baht you spend there is some sort of consolation for the officials ,,,,,

But there you go!

Sorry , I misread and thought you were doing licenses!

No pics required for buying ,,,,

amazing Thailand...

cheers

u copy that

2. copy visa

3. copy front page

4. copy tm card

quick and easy

Not correct. See post stevenl #17.

^ You also need 2 photos

But there you go!

I went to Patong twice for 90-day, but never paid 100 Baht as you've described. Two sets of photocopies? Is that a new thing? Although 90-day online report worked for me, it didn't work for my hubby, so I would like to know the new rules. Thanks!

I went to Patong twice for 90-day, but never paid 100 Baht as you've described. Two sets of photocopies? Is that a new thing? Although 90-day online report worked for me, it didn't work for my hubby, so I would like to know the new rules. Thanks!

They tried asking me for a 'fee' for the 90 day report at Patong a long time ago, but since one 'corrupt' officer was transferred out of Patong some many months ago I had thought they stopped asking. I reported about 2 months ago, no fee asked, but one photocopy demanded, which I had in my bag. So now 2 copies..... that's new.

They tried asking me for a 'fee' for the 90 day report at Patong a long time ago, but since one 'corrupt' officer was transferred out of Patong some many months ago I had thought they stopped asking. I reported about 2 months ago, no fee asked, but one photocopy demanded, which I had in my bag. So now 2 copies..... that's new.

I wonder if anyone paid a fee for visa transfer (from the old passport to the new one). When I did mine 3-year ago, it was free, but my hubby had to pay 500 Baht (6-mos ago) without giving a receipt.

To be honest at the time, about 2 months ago, I did not realize it was supposed to be free as so few things are. The IO was in the city office not Patong and I got the feeling this was not his first time getting paid for this. I stopped in yesterday to get a replacement departure card that a different IO took and failed to return a few weeks ago. They were about to charge me for that too when they saw my feathers ruffle the guy who lost my card stepped in and made it clear this one was on the house. Next time I am asked to pay for a residence cert, rather than being accusatory, I will just say "is this new that I have to pay, I never paid before"." And see what happens. Safe to assume making an official complaint will mark me for life.

To be honest at the time, about 2 months ago, I did not realize it was supposed to be free as so few things are. The IO was in the city office not Patong and I got the feeling this was not his first time getting paid for this. I stopped in yesterday to get a replacement departure card that a different IO took and failed to return a few weeks ago. They were about to charge me for that too when they saw my feathers ruffle the guy who lost my card stepped in and made it clear this one was on the house. Next time I am asked to pay for a residence cert, rather than being accusatory, I will just say "is this new that I have to pay, I never paid before"." And see what happens. Safe to assume making an official complaint will mark me for life.

Please refer to the answer #20 from zaZa9. Perhaps you can make an anonymous call.

I will just say "is this new that I have to pay, I never paid before"." And see what happens. Safe to assume making an official complaint will mark me for life.

While this may work, they will probably tell you "Yes. It is new." as they tried with me in Patong. What will really work, is: "May I have a receipt, please?" maybe followed by the statement "No receipt, no money, sorry.".

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and opinions! thumbsup.gif Although I was disappointed that "on-line queue system" is not available in Phuket, I'm glad to learn other things that aren't related to this topic. Have a wonderful day! biggrin.png