Craig's List Blocked

vagabond48

I have been using Craig's list consistently for the past month without a problem.

Since yesterday, I have been getting the message below when accessing Craig's List.

This IP has been automatically blocked.
If you have questions, please email: [email protected]

The only way around this problem is using VPN.

Anyone else having this issue?

Likely: as usual you have a dynamic IP.

That might have been used by some retard before for spamming, suspect actions.

Switch off your router over night and try tommorow (when you hopefully have another IP adr.).

Find out your IP:

http://whatismyipaddress.com/

Then click on "Blacklist Check", "Check Blacklists".

Whats the result? (red flags)

Edited by KhunBENQ

What ISP are you using?

Could be someone previously issued your current WAN IP Address created an issue and caused the IP Address to be temporarily blacklisted/banned, or a group of IP Addresses assigned to the same ISP was blacklisted/banned due to prior abuse issues.

Another possibility, if your ISP is issuing you Router a WAN IP Address in the range of

10.0.0.0 – 10.255.255.255
100.64.0.0 – 100.127.255.255
172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255
...then your ISP is using Carrier-Grade NAT (Network Address Translation) or NAT64, and one of the shared PUBLIC IP addresses was previously flagged/banned.
Due to a dwindling number of available Public IPv4 internet IP addresses, many large ISPs and Mobile Carriers institute CG-NAT or NAT64 where user devices are issued a PRIVATE IP addresses and all the users have to share a handful of actual Internet-reachable PUBLIC IP addresses that connect to the Internet on their behalf. If any one CG-NAT user gets banned by a service, anyone sharing that same PUBLIC IP address also gets banned (because they use the exact same address on the Public Internet).
To understand this: Say a condo has a Shared PBX Phone System (maybe to cut down on costs), to makes and receives calls on your behalf. Only 10 in/out lines for 500 condo users. One condo renter keeps prank calling the local Pizza delivery. The Pizza delivery blacklists the condo phone number because that's where the call is originating from. The entire condo could be kept from ordering pizza if the call is placed using any of the banned outgoing phone numbers ... but the condo users can still order other takeaway/delivery until the prankster hits those as well. The shared outgoing number gets blacklisted/banned.

Actually that would be the external IP address the ISP issues. A WAN (wide area network) can be all yours. When you click on the link BENQ gave it gives you your external IP. The only time I ever worked a lot on a WAN was when I had three hospitals in three different cities on the same network, domain controller, etc. with multiple subnets.

The ISP with clients is a WAN as is the Internet but routers do NAT with internal and external IP's.

Cheers

Most Router companies always refer to 'upstream' IP addresses as the WAN Connection. Yes, it can be yours (if you own the infrastructure), or theirs (if you subscribe to the infrastructure). Still, most routers won't discriminate against who owns what, but almost all routers will differentiate the connections in their setup interfaces as WAN and LAN Connection Information.

I don't make the rules.

I just mutter, "<deleted>?", read the labeling, and do my best to make the setup do what's they propose it will do.