British tourist reportedly raped in Kanchanaburi

Thaivisa News

Kanchanaburi:- Words widely spread that a 19-year-old British tourist has been raped in Mueang Kanchanaburi district, Khaosod Online reported.

Khaosod said the report of the rape could not be officially confirmed but a meeting of senior police officers took place at the Kanchanaburi Police head office at 11:30 am Thursday.

The meeting was called by Pol Lt Gen Wirapong Chuenphakdee, commissioner of the Provincial Police Bureau 7 which is in charge of Kanchanaburi.

Kachanaburi police chief Pol Maj Gen Kamolsanti Klunbutr, Mueang Kanchanaburi police chief Pol Col Phisut Sukrasorn and Thamuang police chief Pol Col Anansit Promsantichon and several other officers attended the meeting.

Wirapong said he held the meeting to instruct Kanchanaburi police to step up crackdowns on crimes in the popular tourist-destination province.

Khaosod said words have spread among local residents that a British teenage girl, who visited the province with a group of tourists and stayed at a well-known resort, had been raped.

Khaosod said the group had dinner at a restaurant on the Nanachart Road Monday night and they became drunk.

The teenager that walked in front of the shop alone at 1:30 am Tuesday and a group of motorcyclists spotted her and picked her up and left the scene, Khao Sod said.

Khaosod quoted a source as saying that the motorcyclists later left the girl at a market in Mueang district after they had raped her and robbed her of some valuables.

The source said the teenager had filed a complaint with police and police are checking feeds from security cameras on the Nanachart Road.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets hope that the BIB doesn't tell the 19 year old victim that " You can't Rape the Willing," or words to that effect, because it's par for the course in the LOS.

That's why so many young farang female rape victims don't even bother reporting the sexual assault..

Why be raped, then abused-re-humiliated all over again?

She would have had to die, and the case go viral for the BIB to get real serious and find the Perp.

Remember the young lady from Scotland?

And the Beat Goes On..

sad.png

Of course I do not blame the victim, but seriously, why do teenage tourists think getting drunk in a 3rd world country and wandering around like it's Disney World. Most Thai people have little and nothing to lose, they are not governed by the same controls found in the Nanny states. Tourist need to relaize that coming here and getting drunk and stoned and taking chances is not a good idea. I hope the catch the rapist and throw away the key, but of course, they will likely get 3 yrs, and then only if they are over 18.

Of course I do not blame the victim, but seriously, why do teenage tourists think getting drunk in a 3rd world country and wandering around like it's Disney World. Most Thai people have little and nothing to lose, they are not governed by the same controls found in the Nanny states. Tourist need to relaize that coming here and getting drunk and stoned and taking chances is not a good idea. I hope the catch the rapist and throw away the key, but of course, they will likely get 3 yrs, and then only if they are over 18.

You just did blame the victim.

Why do holiday makers think they can wear a bikini in when on holiday.

Why did the man have his money in his pocket when he was drinking.

Why did the girl smile and chat with the taxi driver.

It is your attitude that continues to give excuses to violent behaviour.

She is on holiday. She went out for drinks. She walked back to her hotel. She chatted to some friendly motorcycle guys. As you chat with friendly girls.

Maybe they offered her a ride back to the hotel.

She did nothing wrong.

This government needs to step up punishment of offences against foreigners.especially crimes of rape and violence. Nobody cares about a bag snatch or a scam here and there for a few hundred baht. The violence against foreigners in this country is the worst in the entire world.

British 'backpacker raped in Thailand': Teenager 'abducted and sexually assaulted by biker gang'
BY SAM ADAMS

The teenager reportedly told cops that the bikers raped her and stole her property before dumping her at a market

LONDON: -- A British backpacker has reportedly been raped by a gang of bikers in Thailand.

The 19-year-old girl was attacked as she walked to a shop early on Tuesday morning.

The horrifying incident took place in Kanchanaburi district, west of Bangkok, according to local media.

The victim had dinner at a restaurant on Nanachart Road in Kanchanaburi on Monday night with friends, Khaosad Online reports.

She is said to have walked alone to a shop at around 1.30am on Tuesday, when a motorcyle gang abducted her and rode off.

The teenager reportedly told cops that the bikers raped her and stole her property before dumping her at a market in Mueang district.

Full story: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/british-backpacker-raped-thailand-teenager-5780680

-- Mirror 2015-05-29

So you are blaming the victim then.

Edited by Bluespunk

And then you do blame the victim.

Incidentally, equating the freedom to walk about in public without being raped with "controls found in the Nanny states" is absurd, at best....more like seriously misguided.

Edited by TheAppletons

You just did blame the victim.

Why do holiday makers think they can wear a bikini in when on holiday.

Why did the man have his money in his pocket when he was drinking.

Why did the girl smile and chat with the taxi driver.

It is your attitude that continues to give excuses to violent behaviour.

She is on holiday. She went out for drinks. She walked back to her hotel. She chatted to some friendly motorcycle guys. As you chat with friendly girls.

Maybe they offered her a ride back to the hotel.

She did nothing wrong.

This government needs to step up punishment of offences against foreigners.especially crimes of rape and violence. Nobody cares about a bag snatch or a scam here and there for a few hundred baht. The violence against foreigners in this country is the worst in the entire world.

You just don't understand. This is a classical argument often misunderstood. He did not blame the victim. No one would. He just made the point that you need to be careful, at home and abroad. Promoting a false sense of expected security, like you are doing, does not prevent future crime. It is just very easy to complain about the country. Instead people should be a little more realistic. Crime is rampant in Thailand. There is an abyss between seemingly rich foreigners and a majority of locals that just get by. There is clear alienation. Locals dislike tourists out of jealousy and contempt, and many tourists do a good job at being disliked. They see Thsilsnd and act as if it was just a playground for their escapades where locals are just a necessary nuisance. Well, you would not go on holiday to Iran with your friends and get drunk in the streets, would you? So pay attention: be aware of your surroundings and act accordingly.

Where does it say the biker gang was Thai...?

Also, this even happens in the nanny states, bikers all over the world make a point of raping, its a male chauvinistic culture that endorses abuse and objectification of women... this happens often even in the most highly "nannied" states... bikers are just scum with a delusional sense of entitlement and a perverted perspective on life, values, fellow human beings and society !

Having reported the crime proves well for the young lass... don't let these pathetic thugs have the better of her... !

Also, this even happens in the nanny states, bikers all over the world make a point of raping, its a male chauvinistic culture that endorses abuse and objectification of women... this happens often even in the most highly "nannied" states... bikers are just scum with a delusional sense of entitlement and a perverted perspective on life, values, fellow human beings and society !

Having reported the crime proves well for the young lass... don't let these pathetic thugs have the better of her... !

Where does it say the biker gang was Thai?

What a dumb statement. It also does not state they were human beings or living on the planet Earth.

Sometimes, and this may come as shock to people of low intellectual ability, we have to make assumptions. Like, for example, a biker gang out in the sticks in Thailand will be Thai.

Why do you hope they catch the rapist and throw away the key? You know that is not going to happen here as you stated. Is that not your Judaeo-Christian upbringing speaking? Are you not looking down on Thailand's judicial and value systems?

CB

I do hope he was looking down on thailands judicial and value system! there have been many rapes of gullible european women/girls who come over here alone and think like fools! I have never seen in the thai news any thai's convicted of raping foreign women, the stories continually dissapear! name one just one! and get off your high horse and look at life as it is in thailand!

When the OP doesn't mention race, religion, or country of origin, it is almost always a Thai involved. They love to bash farangs, but you usually have to dig when the alleged criminal is a Thai national.

It is amazing the mindless rhetoric and the blame game that goes on here. The bottom line is that a 19 yr old girl has been raped ( which is unlawful ) it involves her being abused and in many cases ashamed that she has been violated. Regardless of nationality of offenders, but I assume Thai at that time in the morning, it is an horrendous incident and one which Thailand should be throughly ashamed that it even happens.

Sure one could say going about at 0130 in the morning is silly, but she is on holiday and at a LOCATION WHICH IS FOR TOURISTS, so one would assume relatively safe.

However after years of living here I find the Polices attitude , unhelpful and certainly slow in their pursuit of the offenders. One can only assume that the perpretrators may be brought to justice even Thai justice but the penalty will not fit the crime that is for sure.

So stop slagging each other off and think of the victim in this incident, or shut up.

And then you do blame the victim.

Incidentally, equating the freedom to walk about in public without being raped with "controls found in the Nanny states" is absurd, at best....more like seriously misguided.

I have to say I find cgphuket's thoughts on this matter archaic and totally repugnant. the saddest part being he still can't see he's apportioning blame upon the victim.

1, Prove she was drunk - even if she was, I find that no excuse whatsoever

2. Skimpy clothes - seen the CCTV have we? - still no excuse whatsoever

3. BiB investigation - maybe if you can afford it

4. Judicial system and punishment - oh give me a break

If it was my daughter involved I would quite happily shoot the scum, better yet emasculate them

You have perfectly summed up the demographic of old farts who spend their time telling others that they should be some Thailand experts at the age of 19.

If I may ask, what were you doing at 19? Were you an expert on travelling to as you say a "3rd world country"?

This I think says it all.

This may feel good but is not really very useful. "So how can I avoid getting raped?" "That's easy, just avoid rapists."

It's better to analyze the situations that lead to rape. Current research indicates that risk factors involve alcohol/drugs, poverty, broken families, and social norms that minimize the seriousness of rape. Also, the majority of rapes are committed by friends/family/acquaintances.

http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/sexualviolence/riskprotectivefactors.html

Victim blaming: She was dressed as a slut so she had it coming.

Common sense: You shouldn't walk alone and drunk in the middle of the night in a remote area in a third-world country because it is dangerous.

Another old fart comment, 19yrs old, and travelling the world. She did not deserve this, and frankly your comment says a lot about your character.

This I think says it all.

This may feel good but is not really very useful. "So how can I avoid getting raped?" "That's easy, just avoid rapists."

It's better to analyze the situations that lead to rape. Current research indicates that risk factors involve alcohol/drugs, poverty, broken families, and social norms that minimize the seriousness of rape. Also, the majority of rapes are committed by friends/family/acquaintances.

http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/sexualviolence/riskprotectivefactors.html

You sir, are sick in the head.

Why is it okay to suggest tourists lock their hotel doors, that they use hotel safes, that they refrain from flashing a bunch of cash, and that they don't carry packages across the border for strangers, but when we suggest not walking alone on an unfamiliar road at 1:30 in the morning, there's something inherently evil or old fart in the suggestion?

Edited by impulse