Experience With Set Online Brokers?

Anyone has experience trading stocks with an online broker on the SET (Stock Exchange of Thailand) ? There is a list of brokers on this page, but I was hoping to get some first-hand recommendation from people here.

I don't expect to trade much, maybe up to 10 trades a month. I'd like to pay cheap commisions and have an easy way to transfer money from abroad into the cash account. And of course, I'd want to have a good interface in english to trade online. Anyone?

Anyone has experience trading stocks with an online broker on the SET (Stock Exchange of Thailand) ? There is a list of brokers on this page, but I was hoping to get some first-hand recommendation from people here.

I don't expect to trade much, maybe up to 10 trades a month. I'd like to pay cheap commisions and have an easy way to transfer money from abroad into the cash account. And of course, I'd want to have a good interface in english to trade online. Anyone?

tiscoetrade have always been good for me.

Most of them use the same SET engine anyway AFAIK.

Can I short Thai stocks? I'd say that's a solid bet at this point

I know there is some way to short the SET; I had a friend doing that for a while (unsuccessfully it now turns out).

Check on yahoo; I think you can buy indexes at no charge somehow; totally unsure how it is done though.

However, given most of the SET has nothing to do with tourism and based on your other posts, I think you may want to see if you can short the tourism sector of the economy. You could do the property companies focused on foreigners; Raimon Land would be a prime candidate I guess.

Shorting companies in the SET like TTA, PSL, RCL would do nothing as none of them rely significantly on the volume of their business (shipping) directly within Thailand; in the case of TTA and PSL they are far more reliant, for instance, on the Baltic Dry Index which influences analysts buying shipping stocks which influences their share price.

Not sure how to short individual companies; don't think you can do it in the SET directly... but could be wrong!

Let us know how you get on :o