Don't you just love the Thais

edd

I went into a large respected farang type super store.

I asked at the butchers counter for some Beef mince.

They had never heard of minced beef.

So helpfully they got the English speaking member of staff.

She asked me if I wanted.

Pig beef mince :lol:

Cow beef mince :)

Or chicken beef mince :blink:

I said Cow beef mince.

She said

We no have !!!

OK pig beef mince

We no have

OK chicken beef mince

We no have.

So happy to help.

God I love Thailand. :D

You couldn't get fun like this anywhere else, for free.:P

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The story reminds me of something that happened to me the first year in Thailand.I bought a washingmachine with "garantie" in a big store in Pattaya. Something was wrong with the machine so I went back to the store and asked for the person who sold it to me."He is not here" they said."Ok,I will come back tomorrow" I replied.Next day,and the following two days;the same scenario.Finally,I had to ask why he never seemed to be there."He does not work here anymore" was the answer!

Yes i love the Thais

This country is my home now.

its far from perfict but !!!!!!, i love them most of the time. wai2.gif

I must have missed that day at school.

So you're supposed to love everyone in the country you happen to live in?wub.png

Sounds tiring! crying.gif

Especially if you're French. huh.png

I had a comparable experience when attempting to buy a pair of replacement shoe laces from a Pattaya shoe shop. The shop assistant looked at me like I was an escaped mental patient from the local lunatic asylum. She brought the manager, whose look of astonishment was a sight to behold. "Are you sure you don't mean ladies shoes" she uttered. I confirmed that I was trying to buy a pair of replacement shoe laces for a pair of black mens lace up shoes. She looked horrified as if to confirm that only a madman would seek to replace the shoe laces in such circumstances and that a mentally stable person of full age and sound mind would simply replace the shoes and have done with it. Her hands scrambled frantically for the gun they kept under the counter and In the hope that I could persuade me to leave the shop without killing anyone. In a determined but faltering voice,she advised that I could only get them in Bangkok.

Yes i love the Thais

I must have missed that day at school.

So you're supposed to love everyone in the country you happen to live in?wub.png

Sounds tiring! crying.gif

Especially if you're French. huh.png

Your right, there are a few groups of people in thailand i dont love tongue.png

i just thought the title of the thread was a bit silly.

Edited by onemorechang

Funny thread this one.

In all Farang super stores in pattaya, i do beleve all fresh mince is on display.

you can see what they have, yes ?

Beef mince is available at Macro, I buy it for spaghetti sauce regularly.

Don't you just love the way some tv posters treat threads to seriously.

Dont you just love the way some Farangs make no real effort to speak Thai

Then make jokes about the way staff try to speak english to help them .

Some Amazing Farangs in Thailand. coffee1.gif

Yes i love the Thais

I agree with this.

At times, it can be frustrating as hell living in Thailand.

And sure, I whine and moan about Thailand to my Mrs and even to anyone who will listen on this very forum.

However, at this stage in my life there is no where else I'd rather be.

Never a dull moment.

I had a comparable experience when attempting to buy a pair of replacement shoe laces from a Pattaya shoe shop. The shop assistant looked at me like I was an escaped mental patient from the local lunatic asylum. She brought the manager, whose look of astonishment was a sight to behold. "Are you sure you don't mean ladies shoes" she uttered. I confirmed that I was trying to buy a pair of replacement shoe laces for a pair of black mens lace up shoes. She looked horrified as if to confirm that only a madman would seek to replace the shoe laces in such circumstances and that a mentally stable person of full age and sound mind would simply replace the shoes and have done with it. Her hands scrambled frantically for the gun they kept under the counter and In the hope that I could persuade me to leave the shop without killing anyone. In a determined but faltering voice,she advised that I could only get them in Bangkok.

I had similar experiences about shoe laces.

Expats are advised to bring in some spare laces when moving here or visiting more normative (about shoe laces) nations.

This sort of situation has happened to me many times.

"Why don't you try this?" "Okay, I'll try that." "Sorry, you can't do that."

or

"Are you waiting for help? Come over here?" "Great, I'll go over there!" "Sorry, you have to wait."

I've resigned myself to treating it like a video game. “Thank You Mario, But Our Princess is in Another Castle”

Yes i love the Thais

Yes i love the Thais

Even though you remain a ThaiVisa member ! (Of course I'm joking smile.png )

Yes i love the Thais

I could not think of a better place to be frustrated, amused, and amazed. And my wife does it to me every day. clap2.gif

In Europe you would have the option of horse mince beef also

In UK not sure...its a civilised country tongue.png

Ross Foods were found to putting Horsemeat in their "Lasagne".

Reminds me a bit of the Python Cartoon from many years ago:

" Going away?" " Let them stay at 'The Holiday Home For Pets (Pie Company)'

biggrin.png

I had similar experiences about shoe laces.

Expats are advised to bring in some spare laces when moving here or visiting more normative (about shoe laces) nations.

Went looking for shoe laces and after visiting four shoe shops you'd think would have them, nary a shoe lace in sight and I too got the evil eye from the sales staff, even though I knew the Thai.

I spied a set of second hand knock off lace up sports shoes for 80 Baht in a market with the right sort of laces. Sold!

Shoe laces, 80 baht.

The look on the vendor's face when I took the laces out, pocketed them and then offered the shoes back to her for 50 baht - priceless.

Needless to say, she didn't buy them so I tossed them back in the pile and moved on. There's more than one way to slice papaya in Thailand. thumbsup.gif

I often wonder if some poor sod eventually bought the laceless shoes and then went on a hunt for shoelaces. I think there's a movie in there somewhere....facepalm.gif

All I have to do to make Thai people wet their pants laughing is to speak Thai to them.

I seem to get the message across but it must sound funny to them. I do try to sound like them but it is not easy. biggrin.png

I watched as an English female tourist (in a group with 3 others) tried to order a green curry without meat.

The waitress replied "yes no meat"

The food came, she started eating it and commented how delicious it was.... then as she scooped deeper into the bowl, she exclaimed "what is this?" and started going "oh my god there is chicken in here!!"

Waitress was called over and the tourist said "I am a vegetarian I can't eat meat!"

The waitress said "Yes no meat. Green chicken curry. No meat."

beef mince is everwhere, even 2 grades in big c, pattaya klnag, isnt that marvelous, and a miracle.

Horse meat is very sweet

I've had in France.

But not to my taste.

Quite a lot of people have had horsemeat, they just don't know they have

When I still lived in my home country I would always buy Horse steak instead of Beef steak, because it has much less chance to have hormones inside and is cheaper at the same time. Tasted good to me as well.