Yingluck, Surapong could face charges relating to Thaksin passports

Lite Beer

Nothing but a witch-hunt!!

And the NACC are politically neutral.................cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

They have had 4 years to indict them, and sure it is a pure coincidence it is happening now??

Sure Yingluck and Surapong should face the music, but this stinks !!

Well in 3 of those years, it just wasn't going to happen for bloody obvious reasons. Even a clear cut case of perjury saw Tarit squirming to change the definition of perjury.

As for the last 12 months, it seems there were bigger crimes to investigate. The good news is that this one is a slam dunk, hopefully with the emphasis on the slammer.

Looks like they are finally burring the Shins too bad YL had to get caught up in it. But then again dear brother is responsible.

No country in the world would give a convicted criminal a passport. One that tried to bribe judges among other things. That shows a total lack of respect for the law. Then it got hand delivered to him by Surapong that is not normal procedure and I hope Surapong does time for it.

As for JOC.. how to indict with the PTP in power.. with a Tarit that lied and others.. no way now they can do it because judges don't have to fear for their lives (red rabble is under control for the time being) So now justice can be done.

Since when did committing a crime equate to the loss of a passport in any country? You should check Wikipedia for the list of American Federal politicians with criminal records. It's quite surprising how many there are and I doubt any of them have lost or been refused passports. There is a list for UK politicians also. Up to a third of Indian MPs have had charges filed against them. As for diplomatic passports a certain Nelson Mandela springs to mind. He did quite a bit of time and still managed to travel the world freely.

Regardless of the justification for these charges they are obviously politically motivated coming just when TS has had his passports revoked. What are the bigger issues the Junta have been tackling for the last year that kept this on the back burner? The price of lottery tickets, sun loungers on the beaches, jet ski operators.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't pretend to know the law on this matter at the time of the issue of the passports, what I do see is a lot of petty revenge attacks from a junta that seems to think it is there for the long haul , I remind the Junta that your actions in some quarters could provoke a response at a later date just the same as you are doing now , you (The Junta) keep telling everyone to live in harmony and be happy, but in some quarters you could be regarded as BS artists of major proportions , vendettas are all very well , counter productive ones to the well being of a country in the future , are not coffee1.gif

What you seem to be saying is that reconciliation is ignoring my sides blatant criminality. Good news is, the junta don't want reconciliation at that price.

But someone has to stop this cycle of retrobution. The junta just seem to be stepping it up in a big way. Almost as though they're trying to provoke a final reckoning.

They have had 4 years to indict them, and sure it is a pure coincidence it is happening now??

Well in 3 of those years, it just wasn't going to happen for bloody obvious reasons. Even a clear cut case of perjury saw Tarit squirming to change the definition of perjury.

As for the last 12 months, it seems there were bigger crimes to investigate. The good news is that this one is a slam dunk, hopefully with the emphasis on the slammer.

Looks like they are finally burring the Shins too bad YL had to get caught up in it. But then again dear brother is responsible.

No country in the world would give a convicted criminal a passport. One that tried to bribe judges among other things. That shows a total lack of respect for the law. Then it got hand delivered to him by Surapong that is not normal procedure and I hope Surapong does time for it.

As for JOC.. how to indict with the PTP in power.. with a Tarit that lied and others.. no way now they can do it because judges don't have to fear for their lives (red rabble is under control for the time being) So now justice can be done.

Since when did committing a crime equate to the loss of a passport in any country? You should check Wikipedia for the list of American Federal politicians with criminal records. It's quite surprising how many there are and I doubt any of them have lost or been refused passports. There is a list for UK politicians also. Up to a third of Indian MPs have had charges filed against them. As for diplomatic passports a certain Nelson Mandela springs to mind. He did quite a bit of time and still managed to travel the world freely.

Regardless of the justification for these charges they are obviously politically motivated coming just when TS has had his passports revoked. What are the bigger issues the Junta have been tackling for the last year that kept this on the back burner? The price of lottery tickets, sun loungers on the beaches, jet ski operators.

Doesn't matter a monkey's chuff what the laws of UK, US, Zimbabwe or anywhere else are. This is Thailand, under Thai law.

Is it illegal, under Thai law to issue new replacement passports to a convicted criminal fugitive wanted on more charges who jumped bail and fled?

Who paid for those passports and the costs incurred specially opening the Ministry and hand delivering them?

Was the person who hand delivered them doing so in his own time, or whilst be paid to do something else?

If they didn't break any laws or instruct others to, then have nothing to worry about. If they did break laws, or instruct others to then they could face a number of charges.

Interesting that Yingluck and number 1 cousin have always refused to discuss this very subject with the Ombudsman despite his repeated requests and questions whilst they were in power. That in itself could be an abuse of power.

It's interesting to see the divided comments about the Shinawatra dynasty, even within the Expat community!

The fact is, the past is catching up with "the Puppeteer" & if nothing else, the revocation of his Passports & police ranking of lieutenant colonel will have him "lose face" within the Thai community.

Likewise for Yingluck , if cases proven of negligence, dereliction of duty & possibly now,abuse of authority, apart from any penalties, she will also "lose face".

For Thais, that is the ultimate insult or degradation.

So be it!!!

After seeing the OP photo I can say Yingluck has definitely lost face.

I don't pretend to know the law on this matter at the time of the issue of the passports, what I do see is a lot of petty revenge attacks from a junta that seems to think it is there for the long haul , I remind the Junta that your actions in some quarters could provoke a response at a later date just the same as you are doing now , you (The Junta) keep telling everyone to live in harmony and be happy, but in some quarters you could be regarded as BS artists of major proportions , vendettas are all very well , counter productive ones to the well being of a country in the future , are not coffee1.gif

What you seem to be saying is that reconciliation is ignoring my sides blatant criminality. Good news is, the junta don't want reconciliation at that price.

But someone has to stop this cycle of retrobution. The junta just seem to be stepping it up in a big way. Almost as though they're trying to provoke a final reckoning.

Retribution, regardless of the motive is punishment for wrongdoing. It is possible that the Junta may face retribution at a later date if a democratic government is ever formed.

I wonder what number they are up to on Suthep's 'Eliminate Thaksin manual'

Good for him & Mark that his boss is carrying it out to the letter.

Unfortunately they can't cull the whole population of Lanna so the Dems still won't win.

The population of Lanna? Is that a new country?

What are the red fans so uppitty about ?

The crime was carried out in broad daylight for all to see, who cares how long it takes for justice to be done.

( I notice their comments are getting more and more desperate, and soon you will hear click - click - click and then they will throw the empty gun at their detractors.............................. cheesy.gif )

YL, when in Mongolia, told the world what she thought about the trumped-up yellow charges against her brother.

As far as they & the largest section of the Thai electorate were concerned, the charges are illegitimate.

If he is as wealthy as they say, and the charges are illegitimate, what does he have to fear ? If he is so popular and powerful why does he not make a hero's return and face the "illegitimate charges" ?

I think you will find, at the end of the day, he is nothing but a common criminal on the run who knows he is guilty. The only way that spineless slug will return is if he is granted amnesty, and that will cause another coup and he will run back to Dubai. Too bad about the mess he leaves behind.

Actually Ms. Yingluck told the world

"And if I and my family were the only ones suffering, I might just let it be."

https://thailandnewsworth.wordpress.com/2013/04/29/thailand-pm-yingluck-shinawatras-speech-in-mongolia/

Of course, that was before the 'problems' with the blanket amnesty bill surfaced. It was while she and her M0FA still stalled on why her government had given her brother some new passports from a flooded office while the Nation was standing in a few feet of flood waters, and why her government's MoFA lied in public a few times before the Dept. MoFA admitted to the issuing.

Gee aren't the Farangs jumping on the band wagon here, it's as if the other sides are clean as a whistle.

You mean to tell us the other side also helped in getting Thaksin his passports ?

If and when the Thai people are fortunate enough to get back to an elected government, how many of you will be for charges being brought against all these generals who took over the reins of government, tossing out the existing constitution, preventing freedom of the press, etc., and running a the government all without the consent of the people? Whatever Thaksin, Yingluck, et al, have done that is in violation of the law should be brought by an independent prosecutorial body and tried in independent courts. This process does not exist in Thailand. If corrupt official was prosecuted, tried and convicted there would not be enough prison space to house them all. These things with the passports, stripping Thaksin's police rank, etc. are petty things in the big picture of what is wrong with the corruption in Thailand.

My MIL rarely talks...not that kind of a person.

Yesterday I heard her chatter away happily to anyone who would listen about the Thaksin passport issue.

And yes we are in the deepest, darkest Isaan village.

Even people in Isaan start to ses Thaksin for what he is, a big liar. Many in our village is dead sick of Thaksin, Yingluck and PTP.

In Canada convicted criminals do get passports. A passport is every persons right, criminal record or not, even with a criminal record for making false passports, a new real passport is issued. I am talking from experience. I did not hear this from a friend.

Hi all I am responding in general to the the negative responses and comments made by expats past and present This site is very informative but it is ruined by whinging poms.If you didnt like you time here in Thailand or you are not happy here go and stay home

Another ' go home ' post ! I have no idea how long you have been here but are you saying no matter what happens no one should have a view and be free to state it ? Can I take it you have no views on what happens here ?

I can't vote so can't change anything but things do affect me and I reserve the right to have my own thoughts on them but am careful when expressing and to whom.

Aren't you presumptious suggesting everyone with a negative or critical comment is a Pom ? I certainly am not.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

In Canada convicted criminals do get passports. A passport is every persons right, criminal record or not, even with a criminal record for making false passports, a new real passport is issued. I am talking from experience. I did not hear this from a friend.

There's a difference between being or having been a convicted criminal and being a convicted criminal on the run.

Note that in my Dutch passport it says it belongs to the Dutch Government. As such the government can revoke or demand withdrawal as they see fit (based on laws that is). Wiki tells a similar story

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passport

It will be a handy card to have up their sleeve in the (unlikely) event that they fail to get the result they expect in the rice scheme prosecution.

Despite your suggestion these are separate cases handled separately and being of no relation to each other.

Of course if a charge is dropped at the Supreme Court for Political Office Holders it may be difficult to proceed with the cases in parallel. Even when the Supreme Court still has a few judges not involved in cases against Ms. Yingluck c.s. as yet, Ms. Yingluck might be a bit stretched for time. No doubt the court would grant Ms. Yingluck a postponement if requested.

It doesnt matter if its 4 years or 14 years. If its wrong then its wrong.

She is accountable, and should answer to it.

And fugitive criminals can apply to have their passport renewed at any police station.

Edited by halloween

It will be a handy card to have up their sleeve in the (unlikely) event that they fail to get the result they expect in the rice scheme prosecution.

Despite your suggestion these are separate cases handled separately and being of no relation to each other.

Of course if a charge is dropped at the Supreme Court for Political Office Holders it may be difficult to proceed with the cases in parallel. Even when the Supreme Court still has a few judges not involved in cases against Ms. Yingluck c.s. as yet, Ms. Yingluck might be a bit stretched for time. No doubt the court would grant Ms. Yingluck a postponement if requested.

Of course they are Rubl. Totally unconnected. Pure co-incidence. I'm sure that my unworthy aspersions never even entered the mind of anyone wearing a tight green uniform.biggrin.png

Of course they are Rubl. Totally unconnected. Pure co-incidence. I'm sure that my unworthy aspersions never even entered the mind of anyone wearing a tight green uniform.biggrin.png

A lot of people outside of a green uniform see it as prosecution of a blatant criminal act and abuse of office. Others insist it is "politically motivated" (it always is, right?) and part of some huge conspiracy, but when you get down to it, isn't ensuring the law is enforced part of responsible government.

You might to google that last term, its rarely used in Thailand.

... and so you continue trying to suggest something untoward is happening.

Mind you, the only link I see is that of a criminal fugitive having ordered him sister and his government around in both cases. Do you think that means Ms. Yingluck is indeed innocent in both cases, she was only PM after all ?

What are the red fans so uppitty about ?

The crime was carried out in broad daylight for all to see, who cares how long it takes for justice to be done.

( I notice their comments are getting more and more desperate, and soon you will hear click - click - click and then they will throw the empty gun at their detractors.............................. cheesy.gif )

YL, when in Mongolia, told the world what she thought about the trumped-up yellow charges against her brother.

As far as they & the largest section of the Thai electorate were concerned, the charges are illegitimate.

And what do you think was bribing of the judges acceptable or not ? The cake box incident.

Just shows that YL thinks bribing judges is ok.

"YL, when in Mongolia, told the world what she thought about the trumped-up yellow charges against her brother. "

What charges are you referring to?

Still waiting for waitforusalso to share the details of the charges yingluck referred to

You can take all his passports wont make a diddly difference, and why go after her now

Just to make the point that Yingluck & her relative then-FM Surpong ought not to have repeatedly ignored the Ombudman, when he kept asking for an explanation of how/whyThaksin's passports had come to be reissued, because that was a clear case of undermining check-and-balances ?

Edited by Ricardo

cheesy.gif Those red arguments they are funny but they miss the point.

We are talking about a DIPLOMATIC passport here, you might be right for normal passports. However we are talking here about giving a DIPLOMATIC passport to a convicted criminal on the run who among other things has tried to bribe judges. We are talking about a guy who has unleashed the blackshirts that ignited the crackdown that cost 90 Thais their life. You don't give DIPLOMATIC passports to people like this. You don't hand deliver those passports.

Its amazing what straws the red hold onto defending things that can't be defended. Its good to see that most people on Thaivisa are smart enough to see it. Just look at the likes posts that support the junta in this action get and post of red shirts.

Yes.. but do they get diplomatic passports hand delivered by high government officials ? That is the real question of course.

Let's not start moving the goalposts, old chap. I answered the question.

Edit:

Good old Bob Mugabe is a convicted criminal too, and a regular visitor to Thailand. Another one with a passport, then...

Well done.. and the similarities in this case with Thaksin. I wonder if this guy will roll over in is grave after having you associate him with Thaksin. This guy was called the Mandela of the east.

But he was not a criminal on the run when he got his diplomatic passport like your hero.

But... But... But...

Another one changing the rules of the game as it is being played. I answered your question and that's that.

Yes you answered the question, I should have simplified the questions and set better parameters. I forgot that one cannot assume that the other side has equal intelligence and would come up with a comparable case.

On the other hand.. you might be so indoctrinated that you think the two cases are comparable.

Let's not start moving the goalposts, old chap. I answered the question.

Edit:

Good old Bob Mugabe is a convicted criminal too, and a regular visitor to Thailand. Another one with a passport, then...

Well done.. and the similarities in this case with Thaksin. I wonder if this guy will roll over in is grave after having you associate him with Thaksin. This guy was called the Mandela of the east.

But he was not a criminal on the run when he got his diplomatic passport like your hero.

But... But... But...

Another one changing the rules of the game as it is being played. I answered your question and that's that.

Yes you answered the question, I should have simplified the questions and set better parameters. I forgot that one cannot assume that the other side has equal intelligence and would come up with a comparable case.

On the other hand.. you might be so indoctrinated that you think the two cases are comparable.

Indoctrinated by whom? If you mean the reds, provide proof in my posts or crawl back under your rock. I don't take kindly to untrue allegations like that. Edited by baboon

But... But... But...

Indoctrinated by whom? If you mean the reds, provide proof in my posts or crawl back under your rock. I don't take kindly to untrue allegations like that.

So you agree the cases are not similar ?

What I am saying is if you disturb the hornets nest you will get bitten.