Prayut to revoke all Thaksin’s passports

Lite Beer

There are so many people with expertise on this forum boards that actually could improve the situations in our schools or other parts of society. I for example volunteered to go during the week into our local schools to help out with the English lessons, reading text and speaking to the children; no financial gains only to give the children a chance to have a person there that actually can read and speak English. Here on the forum I sometimes read from English parents that the teacher at the school their children attend doesnt speak English. Would it not be a great idea for them to go into the school ones or twice a week and read some text for the children?

That would be against the law for a foreigner.

Besides, Thailand is not Burundi. There is plenty of money here. In all probability, nothing would happen to these illegal volunteers - I did it myself once upon a time - but the question is why put yourself in the position of working illegally on behalf of a nation that isn't grateful (some individuals are, of course) and who could afford to pay for your time?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I know hard to believe, but apparently as part of ongoing investigations into corruption, tax aviodance and illicit land deals Taskin may even be taken off the Christmas card list and when/if he comes back there is a good chance he will get 'Transferred' wai2.gif

If he were British, he would for his actions be facing charges of High Treason, and in the UK this crime was still subject to the death penalty until 1998, a long time after it had been abolished for the crime of murder.

But with his remaining passports, TS could still enter more countries than could the junta

The current PM doesn't believe a 5 star all-expenses-paid world tour is part of his duties.

No he simply believes the suppression of his own people against their wills is. Bravo General!

Boring ! You are just trolling now. coffee1.gif

Better name than troll, starts with W followed by the thing that goes overboard a boat or ship to maintain it in a fixed position. Edited by Artisi

Outside Thailand, this move probably reinforces the idea that the current government in Thailand does not rely on due process, and may be engaged in a politically inspired vendetta.

Inside Thailand, I am sure the move is very popular with some, and very unpopular with others; thus further stoking the antagonisms. This forum is an excellent example of that sort of reaction.

The cynic in me even suggests the current government knows how this will stoke anger, and wants that anger to be expressed outwardly by the hotheads, thereby providing the rationale for further suppressing actions, and further delays in the the future transition to a new Charter and elections. The PM has clearly stated he will delay as long as necessary.

Even if the Junta is not so crafty, there could well be a point in time over the next year in which impatience outweighs good sense, acts of insurrection are ongoing, and the Junta is handed a semi-permanent state of "disharmony".

Why would the Junta want this to happen? Unfortunately, that discussion is off limits.

The guy plundered the country, didn't want to face the courts so chose for exile. Still he compulsively keeps messing with Thailand. Nothing wrong with the Kingdom kicking back some.

Our missunderstood fugitive should watch out for a sledgehammer if he doesn't stop his messing.

He will soon be 66. Good age for retirement. He doesn't seem to realise that there's only one way for him to return to LoS: do his prison term and face other trials.

My suggestion for him: lay low and forget about Thailand. Plenty of things he can do with his billions.

Regaining face is the highest priority, something money, threats, or buddy politicians can't arrange, so sad isn't it?

But with his remaining passports, TS could still enter more countries than could the junta

The current PM doesn't believe a 5 star all-expenses-paid world tour is part of his duties.

He's persona non grata in most countries that matter so what he believes is irrelevant.

Is he planning on invading Montenegro, UAE, Nicaragua, Uganda and Zimbabwe?

Only the Thai ones.

I always thought that Thais were not permitted 2nd, 3rd, 4th or more passports.

If Thaksin has a diplomatic passport from Montenegro he could always return to Thailand on it and claim diplomatic immunity. I suspect that he wouldn't get far if he tried though.

Didn't Yingluck go to Montenegro when she was PM? She went to so many places I lost track through lack of interest.

No, he can't.

The 'elite' as they are so called only ever care about themselves, and money. To hell with the poor farmers!!

And Khun Thaksin is any different? You've got to be kidding.

Sure he was into the power and money. But along the way he gave those poor farmers the idea, for the first time, that they had a voice which was empowering.....and why Thaksin or his proxies have won pretty much every election since

There are so many people with expertise on this forum boards that actually could improve the situations in our schools or other parts of society. I for example volunteered to go during the week into our local schools to help out with the English lessons, reading text and speaking to the children; no financial gains only to give the children a chance to have a person there that actually can read and speak English. Here on the forum I sometimes read from English parents that the teacher at the school their children attend doesnt speak English. Would it not be a great idea for them to go into the school ones or twice a week and read some text for the children?

Besides, Thailand is not Burundi. There is plenty of money here. In all probability, nothing would happen to these illegal volunteers - I did it myself once upon a time - but the question is why put yourself in the position of working illegally on behalf of a nation that isn't grateful (some individuals are, of course) and who could afford to pay for your time?

As I have pointed out I volunteer without receiving one Baht for it. I am Thai and could ask for payment, which in that respect could be regarded as employment and what rules and laws apply for the employment I would have to obey.

I know that some of the ex-pats on this board have family with children that have to attend school and they are unhappy with the English education and the fact that the teachers hardly can speak or read English. Would it be such a bad idea to give up one or two hours during the week and actually taking part in the English lessons to help the children without asking for something in return? If the children in the class improve it will also help their children because the quality of the English lesson will improve in time too. No law will be broken because they don’t take away a job from anybody nor receive money but add some help and expertise towards the education of the children.

There are so many people with expertise on this forum boards that actually could improve the situations in our schools or other parts of society. I for example volunteered to go during the week into our local schools to help out with the English lessons, reading text and speaking to the children; no financial gains only to give the children a chance to have a person there that actually can read and speak English. Here on the forum I sometimes read from English parents that the teacher at the school their children attend doesn’t speak English. Would it not be a great idea for them to go into the school ones or twice a week and read some text for the children?

Only if you ask for payment and if it would take away a job from a person that works legally in Thailand.

Is he planning on invading Montenegro, UAE, Nicaragua, Uganda and Zimbabwe?

Only the Thai ones.

I always thought that Thais were not permitted 2nd, 3rd, 4th or more passports.

If Thaksin has a diplomatic passport from Montenegro he could always return to Thailand on it and claim diplomatic immunity. I suspect that he wouldn't get far if he tried though.

Didn't Yingluck go to Montenegro when she was PM? She went to so many places I lost track through lack of interest.

Not true! A regular passport is issued to any citizen. If they work for the Gov and they travel for a gov issue then they have a regular gov passport issued which makes 2 passports. I would suspect this applies also that an additional passport is issued for diplomats which would make 3. Perhaps there are more I am unaware of.

And I know hard to believe, but apparently as part of ongoing investigations into corruption, tax aviodance and illicit land deals Taskin may even be taken off the Christmas card list and when/if he comes back there is a good chance he will get 'Transferred' wai2.gif

Don't forget, he's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy

The 'elite' as they are so called only ever care about themselves, and money. To hell with the poor farmers!!

And Khun Thaksin is any different? You've got to be kidding.

The elite have been subjugating the poor for hundreds of years! It looks like they have put in place a man to continue this for the foreseeable future!

The Central Elite in Thailand have no issue with Thaksin being corrupt. Being corrupt is a way of life for upper echelon Thai society and makes them all rich. They hate him because his constituency is primarily the poor masses....or their "servant" class. They need those people to clean their hotel rooms, wash the dishes in their restaurants and staff their brothels.....not voting. This Junta interlude is probably buying them time to figure out a way to gracefully dis-enfranchise the majority

Whatever...Thaksin is not returning to Thailand as long as the Central Elite have the military doing the work that the elections couldn't guarantee them

Would that be Law Enforcement?

One man's Junta is another man's law enforcement I suppose

Whatever...Thaksin is not returning to Thailand as long as the Central Elite have the military doing the work that the elections couldn't guarantee them

Well I see quite a few laws being enforced that haven't been for years, at least not for those connected to the "democratically elected".

Edited by halloween

Well I see quite a few laws being enforced that haven't been for years, at least not for those connected to the "democratically elected".

Well then...The end justifies the means I guess. I doubt there's a larger picture here......

Well then...The end justifies the means I guess. I doubt there's a larger picture here......

If the end is stopping criminals from running and raping the country in the name of "democracy", yes it does. I have nothing against real democracy, but I loathe those who use an illusion of it to steal with impunity.

If the end is stopping criminals from running and raping the country in the name of "democracy", yes it does. I have nothing against real democracy, but I loathe those who use an illusion of it to steal with impunity.

I think your reference to the junta as criminals running the country is a little harsh, not least because it has already been pardoned for its act of high treason.It also has a road map for the return to democracy so your accusation of "rape" seems misplaced.Furthermore I take issue with your suggestion they have stolen with impunity.Certainly many of the generals now running the country have huge net worth fortunes out of kilter with their relative tiny salaries, but that will also be explained in the fullness of times.Yes there has been criminality in military procurement but that will be addressed as part of the on going reform programme.(The fact that there has been no mention of this yet is down to understandable national security criteria).So please be a bit more understanding.There was a tricky situation before the coup which necessitated extensive consultation between general, Suthep and other wise men.We should be grateful to General Prayuth not accusing him of "criminality" and "rape".Please mend your ways and try to be more understanding.

Only if you ask for payment and if it would take away a job from a person that works legally in Thailand.

Untrue, I'm afraid. Working without a work permit is illegal whether money is paid or not. However I have done my bit: on the wall there is a certificate from the Queen, I am told, thanking me for giving blood loads of times. I don't think any official would make an issue out of donating blood..