PM Prayut suggests back-up measures in case draft charter is rejected

PM Prayut suggests back-up measures in case draft charter is rejected

BANGKOK, 31 May 2015 (NNT) - The Prime Minister has suggested back-up plans should be identified in case that the draft charter fails to get any needed approvals.

Prime Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha denied reports that he has been planning to extend the operations of the National Legislative Assembly and the National Reform Council although he confirmed to have suggested the finding of alternative plans to deal with the situation in which the charter draft does not get an approval from the NRC or the public referendum.

Under either circumstance, the Prime Minister said, the new election date will have to be rescheduled.

Meanwhile, Constitution Drafting Committee Chairman Borwornsak Uwanno said that his recent post on Facebook calling for termination of the vote-selling and buying culture, and for more respect of law and rights and freedom, is not a political discourse but an attempt to solve the problem faced by general voters and the issue of electoral fraud.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-05-31 footer_n.gif

Firstly you will have to change the charter to meet approval , secondly I think you are way in over your head, you are just starting to realize that running a country isn't like running the Military , the worst leader is a ex General , not everyone on board wants to salute or say yes Sir.coffee1.gif

Thing is going to get awfully messy. If they hadn't cut the head off of PTP they could sit down and have a very long negotiation with them. I think a referendum is a poor Idea I would imagine people will vote along party line if the constitution is Handicapped one way. I may be wrong it may be reasonable fair , but I won't hold my breath

The PM can babble all he wants about the Charter and the referendum, but I don't think those are the only major events he has been worried about.

I think the agenda is quite clear about the desired hierarchy of power in Thailand. The military will retain supremacy over civilian governments, one way or another.

In fact the draft Charter makes that clear as well, if you bother to sift through the disparate parts where "the Armed Forces" is mentioned.

The PM can babble all he wants about the Charter and the referendum, but I don't think those are the only major events he has been worried about.

I think the agenda is quite clear about the desired hierarchy of power in Thailand. The military will retain supremacy over civilian governments, one way or another.

In fact the draft Charter makes that clear as well, if you bother to sift through the disparate parts where "the Armed Forces" is mentioned.

I did sift, but nothing of the kind you mention is clear. Could you point out the disparate parts you put together?

I did sift, but nothing of the kind you mention is clear. Could you point out the disparate parts you put together?

Look for my post #63 in this thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/827529-video-thai-pm-i-have-never-been-against-democracy/

Edited by phoenixdoglover

Look for my post #63 in this thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/827529-video-thai-pm-i-have-never-been-against-democracy/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/827529-video-thai-pm-i-have-never-been-against-democracy/page-3#entry9441949

Yes, now I see you put disparate parts together and gave it your own personal twist. None of the parts, even when thrown together, indicates the military have or retain supremacy over civilian governments. I guess you're reading between the lines what you want to read.