Leicester City players apologise over racist orgy in Thailand

webfact

It's the overall loss of face, and even westerners should understand this example of it, it disrespects this country and their people,

In a major way, they are supposed to be promoting Thailand and helping to garner support among south east Asia, instead they pour scorn and shame , not on just themselves but also their country and countrymen, it's a diplomatic mess now....

shame.......some heads will have to roll, that's just tough luck too, but when you are a sporting ambassador for your country you should at least behave as one and have some sense of responsibility......let's not forget, the glorious game of soccer gets a pounding too,, surely this is not the normal behavior for soccer players, or maybe it is......either way it just gives people the impression that all English people behave like these simple minded players.......I realize that intelligence is not a requirement to play soccer, but surely a little bit of human decency would not go astray....... Yes, these 3 players have well and truly made there mark in life, they will never ever forget this little foray with the smart phones, they need to crawl under a rock for the rest of their lives......just stupidity from the stupid........

no they are not promoting thailand they are promoting the football club,and a crisp company,,,as for diplomatic mess....get a grip....and its football not soccer guess your american...that figures..wai2.gif

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funny to see how many people here jump on the chance to make judgment calls that these young buys should have their careers destroyed because of this... you guys are funny !

the few people here with a life and common sense got my likes... most others of you guys sound just like hooligans.

It's the overall loss of face, and even westerners should understand this example of it, it disrespects this country and their people,

In a major way, they are supposed to be promoting Thailand and helping to garner support among south east Asia, instead they pour scorn and shame , not on just themselves but also their country and countrymen, it's a diplomatic mess now....

shame.......some heads will have to roll, that's just tough luck too, but when you are a sporting ambassador for your country you should at least behave as one and have some sense of responsibility......let's not forget, the glorious game of soccer gets a pounding too,, surely this is not the normal behavior for soccer players, or maybe it is......either way it just gives people the impression that all English people behave like these simple minded players.......I realize that intelligence is not a requirement to play soccer, but surely a little bit of human decency would not go astray....... Yes, these 3 players have well and truly made there mark in life, they will never ever forget this little foray with the smart phones, they need to crawl under a rock for the rest of their lives......just stupidity from the stupid........

no they are not promoting thailand they are promoting the football club,and a crisp company,,,as for diplomatic mess....get a grip....and its football not soccer guess your american...that figures..wai2.gif

Leicester aren't sponsored by walkers crisps anymore incidentally.

Their sponsor is King Power you know the duty free people here in Thailand.

And the chairman is Thai so you are mistaken.

This trip to Thailand is of upmost importance in my eyes.

They've shot themselves in the foot.

Can't spell Mate? 'your american'....=you're American. English? that figures

Not only should they be canned but banned for life from the sport plus fined with proceeds going to the ladies. What they said was totally uncalled for. I bet the team owner is totally pissed because they made him lose face.

Yes it is time we banned all people men and women from engaging all types of sexual activities in Thailand...who would have ever thought that young men in their millions would go to Thailand with the naughty intent to satisfy their emotional and sexual need...Of course Thailand would have to rearrange its economic strategy to make up for the billions of BHT that they would have to do without...not only that I going to vote for the abolition of all sexually motivated entertainment all over the world and that's in the USA Australia Europe and in all civilised countries...so their?

Not only should they be canned but banned for life from the sport plus fined with proceeds going to the ladies. What they said was totally uncalled for. I bet the team owner is totally pissed because they made him lose face.

Sorry loosing face does not matter to the team owner. Loosing money does. Loosing face has taken a back seat to loosing money world wide. The long green, the lettuce, the moola, da bucks is all that matters now. Saving face would indicate some sense of honesty but that has long disappeared. Its no longer about having your hand caught in the cookie jar. Its every man/woman for themselves today. Its called survival.

I think it's actually a cunning publicity stunt. Imagine how many quality tourists this is going to bring in as fans of football come here to re-enact the activities of their heroes.

I can imagine sex workers queueing up at the t-shirt shops to get the appropriate football shirt to let customers know they are available for certain forms of entertainment.

Set the scene: [sitting in the beauty salon in Leicester getting their mullets permed] "So where you going for your holidays love?" "the boys and me are heading to LOS for a bit of PHS like" (PHS being Pearson/Hopper/Smith).

Edited by Shiver

Apologíes to the women? Surely they were "working", right? Tricks of the trade....

Agreed.

If you take a job as a garbage can then why would you be offended if someone called you a garbage can.

Talk about Over-reaction ...cheesy.gif Only reason is that the Leicester3 are footballers it causes this outrage coffee1.gif

3 Guys having sex with some h00kers - whats the big deal really ? It happens 100´s of times every minut here or some apologists try to say opposite maybe rolleyes.gif

Apologíes to the women? Surely they were "working", right? Tricks of the trade....

Agreed.

If you take a job as a garbage can then why would you be offended if someone called you a garbage can.

That's a garbage comment by the way coffee1.gif

Oh you're sorry?

Oh that's ok then.

Sack all three of them......then when one of the players fathers dad calls someone else an ostrich sack him too!

Ban them from Thailand and pull the King Power sponsorship.

Say hello to Division 2 Leicester shitty.

That would send a message out to the rest of them that maybe they should show a little respect to the country that pays for their lavish lifestyles.

They're not the first footballers to behave in a similar way and won't be the last

I suppose they've taken their 'training' from the 'pro's' Terry, Rooney et al.

Sad indictment on a certain sort of individual.....sorry....morons

It's no wonder some Thai's view farangs as just what these morons actually are. Scum

Slong Terry only shags his friends and co players wives i believe.

Talk about Over-reaction ...cheesy.gif Only reason is that the Leicester3 are footballers it causes this outrage coffee1.gif

3 Guys having sex with some h00kers - whats the big deal really ? It happens 100´s of times every minut here or some apologists try to say opposite maybe rolleyes.gif

Read the articles. It's about their racist comments not about the sex. And nowhere is it suggested the girls were hookers.

Read the articles. It's about their racist comments not about the sex. And nowhere is it suggested the girls were hookers.

Just watched the video on Mirror website and honestly I dont hear any racist remarks - discriminating yes but not racist ... My thaiwife tried to listen to what the girls are saying but couldnt understand it - only said that the girls seem to enjoy themself ...thumbsup.gif

As I hear it one of the Guys say the Word : Minion - as seen in "Dispicable me"

Doing something bad and then saying sorry, is what children do. The reason children are allowed to say sorry and receive forgiveness, is that they are too young to know any better.

I grow weary of this modern trend of adults (including world leaders) doing something bad and then just saying sorry. Well thats okay, we'll just stop your lunchtime milk until Friday, and curtail your playground privileges too. Since you're obviously eight years old.

They should go all the way and confiscate their Teddy Bears.

Den

Agreed.

Because that is not PC. The acceptable terminology would be Refuse Disposal Apparatus.

Den

There is an old maxim that says 'what goes on on tour stays on tour'. Neglect that and you're toast. For young (so-called) professional footballers to act so stupidly, film their activities with sound, and then send the vids to their mates - well they deserve all the vitriol they get for letting down their host owners, their club, and their supporters, let alone a broader English society.

The club should have made it abundantly clear to all the tour group that any behaviour that brought discredit to the club and their hosts would result in disciplinary action, possibly dismissal. If they did that, the players should pay the forfeit of losing their jobs.

Its a sign of the times that they have been hauled up for racist slurs when they were carrying out various sexual acts, some of which may be illegal, with Thai girls. I would have thought that the authorities would have them apologise for all their actions, not just the racial slur. Ridiculous!

Which sex acts are illegal with Thai girls?

Having sex whilst robbing a bank is highly illegal.

Den

If I'm not mistaken Leicester City are owned by a Thai consortium fronted by King Power. I'm sure the owners will have a lot to say!!!

King Power paid for all this.........!!

Exactly.

Leicester City players apologise over racist orgy in Thailand

LONDON: -- Three Leicester City players have apologised after they were filmed in an orgy with a Thai woman who was racially abused. The club has said it is “deeply concerned” and has launched an investigation after calls for the trio to be sacked.

The footage, obtained by the Sunday Mirror, allegedly shows the 22-year-old defender James Pearson, the son of the club’s manager, Nigel, the striker Tom Hopper, 21, and the goalkeeper Adam Smith, 22, naked in a Thai hotel room as women are filmed engaged in sex acts. In a clip of the video posted on the newspaper’s website, one of the men appears to be heard calling one of the women a “slit eye” in a racist slur.

Later one calls one of the women “minging – an absolute one out of 10” as his friends laugh. Other offensive comments are made to the women as the players appear to laugh and egg each other on. It is alleged the trio shared the explicit video with friends back in the UK.

In a statement the club said the players “would like to convey their sincere apologies for their behaviour – to the women involved in the incident, to the club and its owners, to the club’s fans and to their families”.

Earlier Leicester City had released a statement saying: “We take the conduct of our players at every level extremely seriously and will take appropriate action, if necessary, once the full facts of the situation have been established. Pending the outcome of an internal investigation the club will make no further comment.”

Full story: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/31/leicester-city-investifation-thai-racist-abuse-allegations

-- The Guardian 2015-06-01

and thais aint racist no

We take the conduct of our players at every level extremely seriously and will take appropriate action, if necessary, once the full facts of the situation have been established. Pending the outcome of an internal investigation the club will make no further comment.”

keep making goals,................. doens't matter how!...thats why they are paid for..!rest is politic and bla bla bla....the girls who do make prostitution in fast all hotels in thailand are provid to the customers right at the entrance from the door man or from the staff inside and the hotel gain a percentage if the girl goes to the hotel room too, everything is very controlled, they also scheck they are not under 18 taking the girl ID card.

2 or 3 fellows of 22/ 23 years old .....making millions of dolars doing football,...so what do you expect from them in relaxing hours in a thailand boring hotel room...well like thousand and thousand of visitors here ....having a good time and sex .....thats it, for sure the girl and her mafia got good money for that short time.

sex industry is in thailand still today the secound big business after tourism, but of course publicity of that reality is never welcome from the executive.

racist orgy....?

i dont think so...honestly.!... if we could hear everything that is said in sexual act in all hotel rooms, we could be more amazed than that poor post here!

but ..........chuuuuuuuuuuut, talking about sex is still a taboo here...............childrens still come with the stork gigglem.gif or papa noel.

coffee1.gif

Let's be real. The problem here is the sex tape. The players should be penalized for making a sex tape which tarnishes the image of the club they represent. No one cares about the slurs or orgy since what they filmed takes place every night in Bangkok. Had they just kept it private no one would have cared.

not defending these boys but im sure we were not all saints at that age, besides, it would seem the girls would have known what they were getting into, no complaints from them, perhaps paid well

No complaints but the girl accused of being a minging 1 out of 10 would like to defend her reputation. She claims she normally fakes it much better with punters but in this case the guys dick was so small sh didn't realize it was in or she would have put on a much better act.

Seriously though, I have always thought it a bit odd that people can get from a job for for things they get up to outside of work unless there is something specifically in their contracts.

This is odd. I have been in Thailand for more than 13 years and I have never once heard the term "slit eye" used in connection with a Thai person.

The term "minging" is certainly not racist at all. The guys were paying for a service and were entitled therefore to rate that service out of ten, one out of ten indicated that consumers satisfaction with the service being offered.

The real offence here is that the event was videoed and then made public.

your right, but jeremy clarkson used the term "slope" is that the same? nobody wanted to hang him

Wrong. I would quite happily pull the other end of the rope on Clarkson, who in my opinion is a loudmouthed bigot who feels he is entitled to use violence against people who he feels did not provide him with the service to which he thinks he is entitled. As for these Footballers, yes they should be sacked. They were here as Ambassadors of their Club and abused their position by taking the video and thinking it was smart to belittle the Thai Women by circulating the video, advocating how "wonderful" they the Footballers are, but in reality are immature little boys who have very little judgement or respect for others who are far less fortunate than themselves. The Club must also accept some responsibility in that every player who came to Thailand should have had a comprehensive briefing on how to conduct themselves as their Ambassadors.