Leicester City players apologise over racist orgy in Thailand

webfact

Leicester City players apologise over racist orgy in Thailand

LONDON: -- Three Leicester City players have apologised after they were filmed in an orgy with a Thai woman who was racially abused. The club has said it is “deeply concerned” and has launched an investigation after calls for the trio to be sacked.

The footage, obtained by the Sunday Mirror, allegedly shows the 22-year-old defender James Pearson, the son of the club’s manager, Nigel, the striker Tom Hopper, 21, and the goalkeeper Adam Smith, 22, naked in a Thai hotel room as women are filmed engaged in sex acts. In a clip of the video posted on the newspaper’s website, one of the men appears to be heard calling one of the women a “slit eye” in a racist slur.

Later one calls one of the women “minging – an absolute one out of 10” as his friends laugh. Other offensive comments are made to the women as the players appear to laugh and egg each other on. It is alleged the trio shared the explicit video with friends back in the UK.

In a statement the club said the players “would like to convey their sincere apologies for their behaviour – to the women involved in the incident, to the club and its owners, to the club’s fans and to their families”.

Earlier Leicester City had released a statement saying: “We take the conduct of our players at every level extremely seriously and will take appropriate action, if necessary, once the full facts of the situation have been established. Pending the outcome of an internal investigation the club will make no further comment.”

Full story: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/31/leicester-city-investifation-thai-racist-abuse-allegations

-- The Guardian 2015-06-01

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only should they be canned but banned for life from the sport plus fined with proceeds going to the ladies. What they said was totally uncalled for. I bet the team owner is totally pissed because they made him lose face.

Too late for apologies.

Sack them, it is the only way for the club to demonstrate commitment.

I guess that most Leicester City supports will agree.

What a bunch of fools - what were they thinking (making the videos).

Not only should they be canned but banned for life from the sport plus fined with proceeds going to the ladies. What they said was totally uncalled for. I bet the team owner is totally pissed because they made him lose face.

Don't worry buddy... The ladies got their "proceeds...???

"apology" - ???

"We take the conduct of our players at every level extremely seriously and will take appropriate action, if necessary, once the full facts of the situation have been established. Pending the outcome of an internal investigation the club will make no further comment.”

What is needed is some action concerning these stupid boys. They need to be made aware of what racism is.......and realise how they may not think they are racists but in fact they are.....

​it's all vey well being on a super-salary, but this comes with responsibilities, no matter how old/young you are and it doesn't appear that their management was capable of dealing with this kind of potentially damaging behaviour.

They were here at the behest of their club owner- so maybe the fault lies with allowing unchaperoned football players loose in the LOS.

They are football players after all, not to be confused with human rights envoys and philosophical genii.

In fact they seem to be ticking most of the boxes for the typical loutish behavior of professional football players, bit of casual racism and shared sexual deviance is all in a days work. In fact its lucky they didn't rape any ladyboys when you think about it.

not defending these boys but im sure we were not all saints at that age, besides, it would seem the girls would have known what they were getting into, no complaints from them, perhaps paid well

If the idiots hadn't recorded it on their phones, nobody would know.

Too late.

Immediate termination.

This is odd. I have been in Thailand for more than 13 years and I have never once heard the term "slit eye" used in connection with a Thai person.

The term "minging" is certainly not racist at all. The guys were paying for a service and were entitled therefore to rate that service out of ten, one out of ten indicated that consumers satisfaction with the service being offered.

The real offence here is that the event was videoed and then made public.

Its a sign of the times that they have been hauled up for racist slurs when they were carrying out various sexual acts, some of which may be illegal, with Thai girls. I would have thought that the authorities would have them apologise for all their actions, not just the racial slur. Ridiculous!

Perhaps they said "slit? AYE!" regarding portion of one of the "ladies" anatomy?

Admittedly stupid, but high IQ not requirement for FA last time I looked. I think they were set up by Sepp Blatter: he said he doesn't forget.

Or perhaps promo for "The Bangover 3: Bangkok's got 'em"

they were getting paid for their services and well I think.what do the thais say about some customers in they language when it is done and they are on too the next john

You are missing the point Geoff.

They were not on holiday, they were on official business with their employers Thai sponsor, in Thailand.

I would get sacked if I did something like this.

So should they. Watch this space.

This is odd. I have been in Thailand for more than 13 years and I have never once heard the term "slit eye" used in connection with a Thai person.

The term "minging" is certainly not racist at all. The guys were paying for a service and were entitled therefore to rate that service out of ten, one out of ten indicated that consumers satisfaction with the service being offered.

Yes it was the phones' fault ! biggrin.png

your right, but jeremy clarkson used the term "slope" is that the same? nobody wanted to hang him

Well, you do get people who look at some of the Thais and refer to them or call them a bunch of 'c_inks'.

But yes, had they not of filmed it, none of this would be in the news. How often does this happen, as in a 'sex orgy' in a hotel room, with all the bad shouting, but it's not fimed ??

jeremy clarkson used the term "slope" does that come close to "slit eye"? nobody wanted to hang him, besides, these girls made themselves available to the public (orgy) to be sexually used/abused. I wonder if the girls get wind of this matter that they will be kicking and screaming and looking for compensation

jeremy clarkson used the term "slope" does that come close to "slit eye"? nobody wanted to hang him, besides, these girls made themselves available to the public (orgy) to be sexually used/abused. I wonder if the girls get wind of this matter that they will be kicking and screaming and looking for compensation

You are both missing the point.

See post 20

Plus the fact that one the players Dad is the clubs manager and is a leading figure in stamping out racism in football.

Real jokers - the club are also jokers if they don't get sacked.

Edited by soihok

Apologíes to the women? Surely they were "working", right? Tricks of the trade....

So you think the fact that they were paid for sex justifies racist insults, public humiliation, and being treated like dirt?

You may find this surprising, but it is perfectly possible to have sexual relations with a woman, paid or not, without engaging in any of these despicable behaviours.

For the sake of any women you might be involved with, I hope you don't consider the actions of these three goons "normal" or "acceptable" in any way.

not defending these boys but im sure we were not all saints at that age, besides, it would seem the girls would have known what they were getting into, no complaints from them, perhaps paid well

Why are you calling them "boys"? They are all in their 20's that makes them men (in theory)

Edited by MikeTexas