Rohingya migrants protest food ban in living quarters

webfact

And these are the same people that are trying to get to different countries, see what they are like when they don't get what they want, is this a Muslim thing, get rid of them and send them back to where they all came from, at least they are being fed, and no it is not Racism it is called throwing your dummy out when you cant get what you want, next the inmates in the jails will protest when they cant have a women in their cell, or a nice cup of tea in the middle of the night, or some nice soft pillows, remember, they are not from Thailand, and they are not here legally

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they don't want to be there and do not appreciate what is being done for them send them home, I have said it before Muslim, Islamic what ever the correct terminology cannot , will not assimilate, it has been proven in every country they have been lucky enough to be accepted in. When will the world see this for what it is......

Yeah...same with the native Americans!

They never accepted gracefully the blankets, infected with smallpocks!

The OP gives no idea about what was exactly going on and the anti- muslim brigade is out in big numbers!

Er, excuse me, do WE go around chopping peoples heads off?...no, didn't think so...

send them to Syria

I'm going to step out of the box for a moment, apart from all the mistreatment these people are suffering and the abuse by certain people who are exploiting them for money - would they honestly be happy anywhere, I for one would not like them living next door to me

Didn't take them long did it?

Pack of Ingrates!

No wonder no one wants them and if they were allowed to stay here, wouldn't be long before they'd join forces with the others down South, demanding a separate state and chucking bombs around at anyone who disagrees with them.

Had enough too of the "Bleeding Heart Syndrome" demanding all manner of concessions for this mob. They'll never be happy, no matter what people do for them. How dare they stage a riot when they contribute nothing and are given temporary refuge out of the kindness of the hearts of the people of Thailand?

Send them off as quickly as possible before they cause even more trouble.

I had the opportunity to work with refugees before. They don't understand about sanitation, health and hygiene. They like to do what they are used to do in their village. Eating and feeding their children where they will sleep. They do not care about pest and rodents attracted by the food and the left overs. In fact some of the men will actually catch the rodent and cook them as meals.

The sad part is they expect you to give them what they want, where they want to go and do what they like doing. They do not appreciate the efforts and resources others has to provide for them. After a country had accepted them, they expected handouts. Many will not want to work hard to get a job. They blame the whole world for the situation they are in but does not want to improve themselves. This is the sad truth (and one of the hidden reason) why many countries does not want to take them. There are some hardworking ones and had make it. I had seen both.

Can you confirm which country you were located as nearly all do not permit refugees to access work whilst waiting for resettlement. If they were accepted for resettlement, what assistance, was provided to the refugees for integration into the local society?

And these are the same people that are trying to get to different countries, see what they are like when they don't get what they want, is this a Muslim thing, get rid of them and send them back to where they all came from, at least they are being fed, and no it is not Racism it is called throwing your dummy out when you cant get what you want, next the inmates in the jails will protest when they cant have a women in their cell, or a nice cup of tea in the middle of the night, or some nice soft pillows, remember, they are not from Thailand, and they are not here legally

Is this a Muslim thing?

No it's a "we've been locked up and treated like criminals because we fled vicious persecution in our own country thing".

It's a why can't we eat food in our rooms thing.

It's a frustration about being treated in a disrespectful manner.

It's a why is there barbed wire around us when all we did was escape violence and terror?

It may be wrong (if it actually happened the way the report claimed) but it has nothing to do with faith.

They are not inmates or criminals. They are victims of persecution and deserve better than this.

However yes it's not racism I agree.

It's vile, inhumane and cruel. It's narrow minded and indifferent. It's wrong and shameful. It's xenophobic and criminally prejudicial. But yes not racist.

If they don't want to be there and do not appreciate what is being done for them send them home, I have said it before Muslim, Islamic what ever the correct terminology cannot , will not assimilate, it has been proven in every country they have been lucky enough to be accepted in. When will the world see this for what it is......

Yeah...same with the native Americans!

They never accepted gracefully the blankets, infected with smallpocks!

The OP gives no idea about what was exactly going on and the anti- muslim brigade is out in big numbers!

Er, excuse me, do WE go around chopping peoples heads off?...no, didn't think so...

Neither have these people.

send them to Syria

I'm going to step out of the box for a moment, apart from all the mistreatment these people are suffering and the abuse by certain people who are exploiting them for money - would they honestly be happy anywhere, I for one would not like them living next door to me

Didn't take them long did it?

Pack of Ingrates!

No wonder no one wants them and if they were allowed to stay here, wouldn't be long before they'd join forces with the others down South, demanding a separate state and chucking bombs around at anyone who disagrees with them.

Had enough too of the "Bleeding Heart Syndrome" demanding all manner of concessions for this mob. They'll never be happy, no matter what people do for them. How dare they stage a riot when they contribute nothing and are given temporary refuge out of the kindness of the hearts of the people of Thailand?

Send them off as quickly as possible before they cause even more trouble.

Wow so much misinformation and hate in one post.

You must be proud.

The Rohingya are from Burma.

Uh, no. The Rohingya are ethnic Bengalis, speak a Bengali dialect, and are from Bengal - now Bangladesh.

Uh, no. The Muslim community to which the Rohingya belong have roots in that part of Burma going back 1000 years.

The first recorded mention of the word Rohingya to describe the community is from the time of the French Revolutionary wars in Europe.

Uh, no, no, no. They most certainly haven't been there for 1000 years. The earliest evidence of Moslems in Arakan is from the 1600s - way less than 1000 years, and those Moslems weren't Rohingya.

The Rohingya migrated to Burma from Bengal whilst Burma was under British colonial rule in the 1800s, though there may have been some migrants before that date.

I think your right, but there could be a few exceptions given the length of time. Since WW2 they have certainly caused much trouble in Myanmar.

Reading another post the answer to the question of why no food in sleeping quarters:

"Shelter director Sudarat Bansawas said 35 of the 94 residents were victims of human trafficking - out of 200 who arrived in mid-2014. Some 106 of them later fled.

She said the Rohingya were keeping or hiding food in the shelter's sleeping quarters in violation of shelter regulations, in preparation for plans to escape.

Poor communication and their demand to go to Malaysia were key factors that caused the unrest, she said. But no one was hurt and there was only light property damage." http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/829978-alleged-human-trafficking-lt-general-manas-suspended/

She said the Rohingya were keeping or hiding food in the shelter's sleeping quarters in violation of shelter regulations, in preparation for plans to escape.

These ungrateful scum need to be behind barbed wire!

Edited by BSJ

Reading another post the answer to the question of why no food in sleeping quarters:

"Shelter director Sudarat Bansawas said 35 of the 94 residents were victims of human trafficking - out of 200 who arrived in mid-2014. Some 106 of them later fled.

Poor communication and their demand to go to Malaysia were key factors that caused the unrest, she said. But no one was hurt and there was only light property damage." http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/829978-alleged-human-trafficking-lt-general-manas-suspended/

These ungrateful scum need to be behind barbed wire!

If you had been held in detention with no hope of resettlement, but to be returned to your oppressor, would you not want to escape in the hope of a better life elsewhere.

To be very frank the word 'scum" applies to many on this forum who vilify the oppressed. In some cases go so far to suggest mass murder of refugees at sea - I'm sure you know to whom I refer.

Anyone who has ever been in a situation that was later reported in a newspaper knows that, at best, the news story was superficial and incomplete. At worst, a news story can simply be one persons incorrect interpretation of events that they may or may not have seen.

IF this story is complete and accurate, then it seems to me that there is fault on both sides. The Thai authorities simply stuck to their rules for the sake of following rules, without any flexibility or sympathy. They could have let the Rohingyas eat dinner in their rooms on just one special occasion.

As for the Rohingya rioters, did they know the rules? If so, did they get an interpreter to explain the significance of the date to the Thais and make a request for an exemption? The news story does not discuss this at all. For that matter, do the Rohingyas speak any Thai or are they communicating in English or Bengali? I would not be surprised if a simple inability to communicate lead to this situation.

Finally, if they don't want to go to the US, please don't force them to!facepalm.gif There are more than enough people who actually want to migrate there without adding reluctant migrants!

Not really surprised by this food issue & their behavior. Given time the authorities will start to realize what a mess they have themselves in for.

Why do you think a boat load of 742 have been taken to an undisclosed location by the authorities. My guess is they will soon be sent back to Bangladesh.

Does anyone seriously think that Malaysia, Thailand or Indonesia want the added burden and costs associated with having these illegal immigrants on their shores. ?

As I have said all along, feed them and water them then back to Bangladesh or India or wherever they originated from. Most are Bangalis so Bangladesh is their birth place.

send them back immediately ....coffee1.gif

"Where to?" You still haven't answered my repeated question to your repeated statement over several weeks now. I think you ignore it because you enjoy sounding off

I would imagine the answer would be, "from whence they came."

send them back immediately ....coffee1.gif

"Where to?" You still haven't answered my repeated question to your repeated statement over several weeks now. I think you ignore it because you enjoy sounding off

I would imagine the answer would be, "from whence they came."

Thank you, finally you replied. Unfortunately back "home" it's illegal to vote, illegal to work, illegal to have citizenship in a country that they have been in for generations, insufficient means of survival in terms of medical aid and sustenance, mostly living in barbed wire camps, plus continual persecution by the 90% Buddhist population. I'm not sure what country you are from Steven100 but I am very sure that if you had these conditions to go back to and you were forced to by authorities supported by people such as yourself, you would try to escape also.

You already know all this but you seem to enjoy ignoring the facts so you can whip up redneck bigotry on TVF's which really makes you one yourself. Sad really. The only thing you have ever said that I agree with is that the traffickers should be dealt to

Well there you go....didnt take long did it.....

For the islamophop haters, to show their ugly, uninformed, inhumane faces?

Yeah...it was so predictable, wasn't it?!

Islamophobe- it's a person who fear/hate Islam. Hater- it's a person who hate something/somebody. So..What do you mean by "Islamophobe"?Is it a person who hates persons who are afraid of Islam? Or..

DM07 has obviously omitted "ic" from islamophop if you read it, he/she did not say islamophobe.

Update on this:-

"She said the Rohingya were keeping or hiding food in the shelter's sleeping quarters in violation of shelter regulations, in preparation for plans to escape"

Taken from news today.

Thank you, finally you replied. Unfortunately back "home" it's illegal to vote, illegal to work, illegal to have citizenship in a country that they have been in for generations, insufficient means of survival in terms of medical aid and sustenance, mostly living in barbed wire camps, plus continual persecution by the 90% Buddhist population.

Please get your facts straight:

(1) It's pretty usual for for foreigners to have a right to vote in another country. I can't vote in Thailand. I don't see anything wrong with that, and most definitely don't feel persecuted.

(2) It is not illegal for Rohingya to work.

(3) Why should illegal immigrants and their descendants be given citizenship? It doesn't make sense, and only encourages illegal immigration.

(4) Only the very wealthiest in Burma get anything approaching decent medical treatment. (It spends USD 14 a year per person. Year: 2013 Source: http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH.XPD.PCAP ) There's nothing unusual about the lack of medical facilities for the Rohingya.

(5) Living in barbed wire camps is the Rohingyas' choice. They could have continue living as they had for generations, Buddhists and Moslems in Rakhine living pretty much separate lives; some villages Buddhist, others Moslem. Interactions was pretty much limited to Moslems bringing goods to market in Buddhist villages to sell, and going to the bank. Things between the communities were at times a bit tense, but they sort of got along. Then the Rohingya started raping and rioting. The Burmese weren't too keen on this and retaliated. The Rohingya have now chosen to live in camps for their own safety.

(6) As I wrote before, Buddhists and Moslems used to get along. There hasn't been "continual persecution". The perceived persecution is a direct result of the Rohingyas' behavior and is a recent phenomenon.

Islamophobe- it's a person who fear/hate Islam. Hater- it's a person who hate something/somebody. So..What do you mean by "Islamophobe"?Is it a person who hates persons who are afraid of Islam? Or..

Islamophobic haters!

Better?

Thank you, finally you replied. Unfortunately back "home" it's illegal to vote, illegal to work, illegal to have citizenship in a country that they have been in for generations, insufficient means of survival in terms of medical aid and sustenance, mostly living in barbed wire camps, plus continual persecution by the 90% Buddhist population.

(1) It's pretty usual for for foreigners to have a right to vote in another country. I can't vote in Thailand. I don't see anything wrong with that, and most definitely don't feel persecuted.

(3) Why should illegal immigrants and their descendants be given citizenship? It doesn't make sense, and only encourages illegal immigration.

(4) Only the very wealthiest in Burma get anything approaching decent medical treatment. (It spends USD 14 a year per person. Year: 2013 Source: http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH.XPD.PCAP ) There's nothing unusual about the lack of medical facilities for the Rohingya.

(5) Living in barbed wire camps is the Rohingyas' choice. They could have continue living as they had for generations, Buddhists and Moslems in Rakhine living pretty much separate lives; some villages Buddhist, others Moslem. Interactions was pretty much limited to Moslems bringing goods to market in Buddhist villages to sell, and going to the bank. Things between the communities were at times a bit tense, but they sort of got along. Then the Rohingya started raping and rioting. The Burmese weren't too keen on this and retaliated. The Rohingya have now chosen to live in camps for their own safety.

(6) As I wrote before, Buddhists and Moslems used to get along. There hasn't been "continual persecution". The perceived persecution is a direct result of the Rohingyas' behavior and is a recent phenomenon.

You consider cancelling citizenship for Rohingya in 1982 and thereby making them stateless "a recent phenomenon". Rohingya only have access to medical care in their village, denied travel for higher level of medical treatment that is available elsewhere; same applies to access for education.

Yes there was rape by a some Rohingya men, but criminality is not the sole reserve of the Rohingya community. There have been a number of reports of rape of Rohingya by Myanmar security forces, in some instances against other ethnic communities using rape as a weapon of war

Edited by simple1

*Deleted Posts edited out*

Yes you are right to point out that there is huge intolerance within Islam to each other and their own, also intolerance to outsiders and non believers too. It is appalling and we would not 'tolerate' those things in western democracies and I will not argue in support of that.

But you need to understand that by reason of those things you point out that there is enormous diversity within Islam of not only opinion and belief, but of ethnicity, language, race, culture and customs. That is why they are fighting each other as we speak. Who is fighting ISIS? Almost every Middle East Muslim country you can name. Why? Because of the intolerance between Sunni Muslims and Shia Muslims and also between moderate Muslims and fundamentalists. With the influence of Western Culture and democracy there is bound to be a struggle. Their religion is in crisis, not unlike the same conflicts Christianity had in the past between Catholics and Protestants which also was a blood bath.There is still conflict within Christianity but thankfully it is only doctrinal, e.g. Ecumenical vs. Fundamentalism.

What I am trying to say is there seems to be a wish to lump all Muslims under the same banner. The Muslims I know are very mild and would not hurt a fly and it rankles when you get opinion on here stating that "our heads will be cut off" or all Muslims are "scum" etc etc. It is all based on inexperience, rhetoric, rumor, fear and sensationalist headlines or websites with an agenda to spread hate.

Edited by Scott

Nothing wrong here, they're just being typical Moslems, demanding special treatment from the rest of the world.

Islam, the religion of perpetual indignation.

Very similar to the muslim refugee's in the US protesting because the free food they are getting isn't Halal. Send them back home. coffee1.gif

You are obviously unaware of conditions in the "home" you want to send them back to

The Rohingya are from Burma.

Uh, no. The Rohingya are ethnic Bengalis, speak a Bengali dialect, and are from Bengal - now Bangladesh.

Originally from Bangladesh yes, but 100's of years ago. Rohingya are not accepted in Bangladesh and at the moment there are 300,000 in camps not dissimilar to camps in Myanmar.Bangladesh is Muslim. Rohingya are Muslim.

Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit.

Mahatma Gandhi

In your desire to defend the Muslims not sure the sentence "Intolerance is itself a form of violence" is a good idea?

Most Islamic countries are a perfect example of intolerance (So violence?)

Like the death penalty in Saudi Arabia for apostasy thumbsup.gif difficult to find more intolerant!

The women cannot drive they own car in this country is that tolerance?

The Sunni Muslims in every countries are an example of intolerance with with their fellow Shia Muslim, and vice versa. ( Do you disagree?)

I will stop here to tell you utilising the word intolerance when people are talking about Muslim is a joke not a good idea Sorry .coffee1.gif

I come from a redneck farming area in a western country and quite a few men wouldnt let their wives drive there either, luckily we were christian and american allies so we never got invaded

I am really getting sick and tired to discuss with people, who obviously are full of hate, intolerance or downright stupidity!

But quitting is letting the morons win, so...here we go!

a) Rohingas nowadays are from Myanmar, as they have lived there for decades and generations.

b ) Myanmar has stripped them of almost all (citizen or human) rights and is treating them like lesser human beings!

c) No, they don't deserve that, simply for the fact, that they are Muslim!

d) "Sending them back" will most likely get them killed or at least in inhumane conditions.

e) No, they don't deserve that, because some Arab flew a plane into a building!

f) Although they are now in a "camp" in Thailand, does not mean, they have to put up with all the sh1t thrown at them. Explain to me, why they are not allowed to eat their food inside their barracks and I might follow your argument. Right now, I can not!

g) Yes, they don't eat pork and might request food according to their religion! They should have it "their" way! There is no need to ad insult to injury, unless, you would do that to EVERYBODY: feef beef to Hindhi, non- kosher food to Jews. But I don't see wht something that is done on every <deleted> plane, can obviously not be done in a refugee- camp! Or are you telling diabethis- patients, that they can have Coke, but no water?

h) None of the people in these camps have (presumably) bombed anyone, beheaded anyone, set anyone on fire, is a member of ISIS or Al Quaehda. Just because one white supremesist bombs an abortion clinic, that doesn't mean all white people are anti-abortion or supremacists.

DM07 has obviously omitted "ic" from islamophop if you read it, he/she did not say islamophobe.

"For the islamophop haters"- where should I insert "ic"?It's not so obvious to me. Anyway my question was not about spelling..

Please get my facts straight?

Have you done research on this?

1) It's pretty usual for for foreigners to have a right to vote in another country. I can't vote in Thailand. I don't see anything wrong with that, and most definitely don't feel persecuted.

You need to read more. Rohingya people have been disenfranchised and denied citizenship in their own country in which they have resided for 100's of years. You probably have just recently come to Thailand.

2) It is not illegal for Rohingya to work. If it's not illegal to work, then try getting a job under these conditions.

"Most Rohingyas are farmers or fishermen. The former cannot return to their fields; the latter have few boats left and are driven away from fishing grounds by Rakhines if they manage to get out to sea. No Rohingya student, for instance, has been allowed into the university at Sittwe during the last three years. They are not allowed into the township hospitals unless it is a life-and-death situation. “It’s really inhumane stuff,”says an aid worker.

http://www.economist.com/news/asia/21651877-poverty-politics-and-despair-are-forcing-thousands-rohingyas-flee-myanmar-authorities

"More than one million Rohingya are believed to live in Myanmar, where they have faced decades of repression and the denial of their human rights. They are not regarded as an official ethnic group and are denied citizenship under Myanmar’s 1982 Citizenship Law, which effectively renders them stateless. As a result their rights to study, work, travel, marry, practise their religion and access health services are severely restricted."

https://www.amnesty.org/en/.../why-are-the-rohingya-fleeing-myanmar/

3)"Why should illegal immigrants and their descendants be given citizenship? It doesn't make sense, and only encourages illegal immigration."

Where is the illegal immigration? How far back do you go with your illegality?

"Muslims have settled in Arakan since the 16th century, although the number of Muslim settlers before the British rule is unclear.[22] After the first Anglo-Burmese War in 1826, British annexed Arakan and encouraged migrations from Bengal to work as farm laborers. The Muslim population may have constituted 5% of Arakan's population by 1869."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rohingya_people

Your link just shows expenditure on the general population, it is unlikely to include Rohingya at all because they are persona non grata

"Visits by Reuters to the remote Kyein Ni Pyin camp, as well as several camps near Sittwe, reveal a widespread struggle with illness. In low-slung huts, dozens of mothers showed their emaciated children. There is no data to compare malnutrition rates to when NGOs were forced to leave.
Medicine is sporadically supplied by sympathetic Rakhine Buddhists in Sittwe, but they run the risk of retribution from their own community for doing so."
5) Living in barbed wire camps is the Rohingyas' choice. The Rohingya have now chosen to live in camps for their own safety."
Please show me a link to this above statement. Hardly a holiday camp to choose..
"'Suffering I have never seen before'

"After the U.N.'s Assistant Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs, Kyung-wha Kang, visited Rakhine's camps, including Nget Chaung, in June, she described witnessing "a level of human suffering in IDP camps that I have personally never seen before."

In the years since the Rohingya were driven into the camps, their situation has only become more desperate.

In February, the largest provider of humanitarian medical aid in the state, Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF, or Doctors Without Borders) was driven out by authorities amid allegations from ethnic Rakhine groups of bias towards the Rohingya.

A month later, a Rakhine mob attacked international aid agencies in the state capital, Sittwe, causing 300 humanitarian workers to flee, $1 million in losses and halting aid for a month.

Yanghee Lee noted in a report tabled overnight before the U.N. General Assembly that the Rohingya face "systematic discrimination" and have reportedly been subject to human rights violations including "summary executions, enforced disappearances, torture, forced labor and forced displacements, as well as rape and other forms of sexual violence." She called on the allegations to be investigated and the perpetrators held to account."

You need to do some serious research before you ask me to get my facts straight and not make stuff up because it suits your point of view.
Disingenuous to the extreme.
Edited by Linzz

Linzz, you'll be happy to know I just heard on Aljazera TV that the illegal boat people 727 total are being taken back to Bangladesh & Rohingya state by the Myanmar Navy.

Great news !! they are going back .... it's about time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!