Possibly The Best Quote Ever!

womble

In a related development, the PM's close aide Prommin Lertsuridej yesterday said a public survey conducted by the ruling Thai Rak Thai Party found that most people believed the bomb plot was real, which was contrary to a general stance by critics.

:o:D:D

hahaha... I agree, womble...

but now you're required to submit it to:

Thaksin Stupid Quotes website

even though the "Dr." :o Thaksin didn't say it, it came from "Dr." :D Prommin, former Vice President of Shinawatra Satellite :D , in regards to Thaksin.

does Thaksin and all of his cronies have bogus PhD's??????? :D

post-9005-1158108574.png

"Dr." Prommin Lertsuridej :D

Edited by sriracha john

....does Thaksin and all of his cronies have bogus PhD's??????? :o

I wonder all the time why no one has ever bothered to do a modest investigation of the circumstances behind Thaksin's presumed doctorate.

At the time he presumably received it, the college that presumably issued it was called the Sam Houston State Teacher's College, a tiny local college in Huntsville, Texas. The chief industry in Huntsville is the Texas Prison System and so the local college there has always offered a lot of short programs for prison guards and policemen who want to receive certificates of additional education in order to advance their pay grades. My own inquiries, however, suggest that back then the actual earned degree that most people associate with the title 'doctor' was not.....

....ah, never mind. I've probably said enough there. Best leave this to some journalist who is in the business of conducting investigations, huh?

....does Thaksin and all of his cronies have bogus PhD's??????? :o

I wonder all the time why no one has ever bothered to do a modest investigation of the circumstances behind Thaksin's presumed doctorate.

At the time he presumably received it, the college that presumably issued it was called the Sam Houston State Teacher's College, a tiny local college in Huntsville, Texas. The chief industry in Huntsville is the Texas Prison System and so the local college there has always offered a lot of short programs for prison guards and policemen who want to receive certificates of additional education in order to advance their pay grades. My own inquiries, however, suggest that back then the actual earned degree that most people associate with the title 'doctor' was not.....

....ah, never mind. I've probably said enough there. Best leave this to some journalist who is in the business of conducting investigations, huh?

In honor of Dr. Taksin, I've been able to locate the seal, motto and school song of that Great Seat of Higher Learning, Sam Houston State:

School Seal

post-14181-1158119858.gif

Sam Houston State University (formerly Sam Houston State Teachers College) has adopted as its official seal a high-contrast image of the statue of General Sam Houston. Around the image in the seal are the words "Sam Houston State University," two stars, and the year in which Sam Houston Normal Institute was founded--1879.

School Motto: "The Measure of a Life is its Service"

School Song:

“Hail to Sam Houston, School we love best,

Mighty in battle, True to the test.

Bearkats so loyal, Ever we’ll be.

Orange and white Will lead us to victory!

Hail, Alma Mater Hats off to you,

Ever you'll find us Loyal and true;

Firm and undaunted Ever we'll be,

Here's to the school we love

Here's a toast to thee.”

Wikipedia lists the PM as one of Sam Houston State's notable alumni. From past conversations I know that Dr. Thaksin is very well acquainted with south Texas. I think the degree is legit.

His doctoral thesis title?

It's only legit in the sense that he has the piece of paper that says he has a PhD. All one has to do is listen to him speak English for 5 minutes before questioning whether or not he is at the level one would expect from a PhD from an English-based university.

It'll be interesting to see how quickly his name is removed from their site if he ever gets the just desserts he has coming to him.

It's only legit in the sense that he has the piece of paper that says he has a PhD. All one has to do is listen to him speak English for 5 minutes before questioning whether or not he is at the level one would expect from a PhD from an English-based university.

I have to admit that I have always found that intriguing.

It'll be interesting to see how quickly his name is removed from their site if he ever gets the just desserts he has coming to him.

What goes around comes around, and generally bites you very hard in the ar5e !

Som nam na !

Democracy versus Corruption - the final showdown

Over a smouldering Thailand, an angel and a demon pause before their next, crucial round of battle. Equally bloodied, exhausted, and yet fiercely determined, both look strikingly similar.

The war has somewhat blended their identities and many of the bewildered Thais looking on are now unable to tell them apart. At stake is not only political power in what was once known as the Land of Smiles, but also the right for one to consume the other, for good.

One is known as "Democracy", and the other "Corruption", but exactly which of these is the angel and which is the demon depends upon an individual interpretation of the following exchange, which is echoing all through Earth, Heaven and hel_l:

Corruption: This is your last chance. Surrender or die.

Democracy: Over my dead body, you pathetic disease. I have flushed you down before and I'll do it again.

Corruption: This time it's different. I have learned and evolved, don't you see? I have fed off your very strength and essence. A lot of the earthlings down there even think I am you.

Democracy: You are nothing but a looter.

Corruption: That's what I like about you, naive boy. You're too idealistic to look at history's conspicuous way of honouring me. Steal a necklace and they'll call you a thief. Rob a ship and you're a pirate. But what if you raid a thousand ships or plunder a nation? You're an emperor, my friend.

Democracy: Oh yeah? You're about to say that evading Bt10,000 worth of taxes is fraud but pulling off a Bt30 billion stunt is...

Corruption: Magic. Exactly.

Democracy: I'm going to put an end to this infamy.

Corruption: How? By sacrificing your very soul? Look how many people endorse me. Read foreign editorials. More and more are coming to my side. You don't have a chance. Killing me is killing yourself, and I'll resurrect and become even more powerful.

Democracy: You're a freak - that's all. Strong and formidable, yes, but a freak all the same.

Corruption: Ha ha, look who's talking. How many Thais support you? What did The Economist call the campaign to eliminate me? Who's the weirdo now?

Democracy: I'm gonna kill you and see you burn in hel_l.

Corruption: Good. You are very angry now. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to conditions that will allow me to reign supreme. I sense much anger in you.

Democracy: Don't "Star Wars" me you shameless scum. And don't try to drag me down to your level.

Corruption: You're already halfway there. Funny, isn't it? You are becoming me and I'm becoming you.

Democracy: What a sorry coward you are. Why can't this be a fair fight? Why? Why all of these attempts at creating identity confusion?

Corruption: Are you a real fool or what? The best way to defeat your enemy is to draw from his strength. People tolerate me in your form. I can cheat, lie or even kill if I do it neatly enough. I'm feeding off your perceived merits. And the more people tolerate me, the stronger I become. You give me the licence to do just about anything.

Democracy: You can never imitate my biggest merit.

Corruption: Oh you mean a system of checks and balances?

I have taken care of that. Little by little people won't think it's that necessary. Little by little, people will accept its weak existence or non-presence as a fact of life, as long as I win elections.

Democracy: You have demonised free media, too. Very smart.

Corruption: You're getting there, dear boy. And you know what, if tanks roll again and place the country under martial law, people won't blame me. They'll blame you. Come and join me, dreamer. You stand no chance.

Democracy: I'd rather die than become your bloody nominee.

Corruption: It's a waste of time then. Just don't say later that I didn't warn you. You've lost your own weapons to kill me with. You'll need help of the forces you have despised before.

Democracy: Maybe I will pretend I don't care, for a change. You are getting scared, aren't you?

Corruption: Don't make me laugh. I'm something that evolves, adapts and mutates well. Mr Darwin would be very proud of me.

Democracy: You think you're the only one that can adapt, huh? What do you call the phenomenon down there? Just don't cry foul later. Oh, I thought you already did.

Corruption: Shut up. Now show me what else you've got. You're even selling your soul.

Democracy: Sometimes it takes one to kill one. Just stop your cry baby act and LET'S FIGHT!!

And the Earth, Heaven and hel_l hold their breath...

Source: - Editorial Opinion by Tulsathit Taptim - The Nation - 13 September 2006

All one has to do is listen to him speak English for 5 minutes before questioning whether or not he is at the level one would expect from a PhD from an English-based university.

Before that happeneds perhaps we could get him to sing the school song.

You need to get out more my friend.

Your not wrong, but due to a temporary disablility I am unable to get out of the house at the moment. TV kills the boredom.

I think it's an absurdly stupid thing to say, dos anyone actually think TRT to carry out a survey of the populous that wasn't skewed in their favour. If they even did bother to carry out such a survey you could imagine the demographics they would target and questions used. :o

Don't all genreral have privates ??????? :D

Debatable, Gonz (no relation to our Donz, by any chance? It`s not your posting, don`t worry, you are not that ghastly :D it`s your name...

And it's hard to get out more when the news is coming in so thick and fast !

Every time I try, some important new chunk hits the screen.

I want a visa based on reading Thaivisa.com day and night. And the ensuing damage to eyes ! And back ! And family relations ! :o

I`m with you on this one. and if they throw in a couple of Chang`s we wouldn`t mind, would we, euh.... Changchang?...

Democracy versus Corruption - the final showdown

Over a smouldering Thailand, an angel and a demon pause before their next, crucial round of battle. Equally bloodied, exhausted, and yet fiercely determined, both look strikingly similar.

Snip, for Bandwidth massage...

Democracy: You think you're the only one that can adapt, huh? What do you call the phenomenon down there? Just don't cry foul later. Oh, I thought you already did.

Corruption: Shut up. Now show me what else you've got. You're even selling your soul.

Democracy: Sometimes it takes one to kill one. Just stop your cry baby act and LET'S FIGHT!!

And the Earth, Heaven and hel_l hold their breath...

Source: - Editorial Opinion by Tulsathit Taptim - The Nation - 13 September 2006

Nice onw there.. Very cool... But I have a Dilemma with it.

I do Not believe Democracy to be Angelic, nor demonic.

I believe all politics to be Corrupt.

Yet A demon would more likely speak as the "Democracy" character. Why?

Because a demon doesn`t need to lie. post-12676-1158161792.gif He`ll come straight out and say, or choose to not say, and tell you to shut up about it.

An Angel post-12676-1158161657.gif is more inclined to lie, in order to keep you on the straight and narrow. .

I prefer the truth. post-12676-1158161805.gif

I know, cos I was one. post-12676-1158161728.gif