An Elvis impersonator living in Thailand - Canadian woman finds her long lost father

webfact

An Elvis impersonator living in Thailand; Kelowna woman finds her long lost father
By Lauren Pullen

KELOWNA — When Melonie Dodaro bravely hit the “upload” button, she didn’t know how people would respond to her Facebook video or if she’d finally find the answer she was looking for. In it, she describes what little she knows of her biological father — a Dutch man named Kees de Jong, who visited Toronto in 1968 — hoping someone can put the pieces together and help find him.

“This was really personal and it was really hard for me to post it, because it’s being very vulnerable and exposing a part of my life that I don’t often talk about,” says Dodaro.

Her video got shared nearly 700 times, garnering more than 26,800 views.

Thanks to the assistance of the Facebook community and a Dutch journalist, Dodaro got to connect with her long-lost father 72 hours later.

“I was shaking, vibrating and sweating. I was happy, it was so many years of curiosity coming into play,” says Dodaro.

Full story: http://globalnews.ca/news/2035346/an-elvis-impersonator-living-in-thailand-kelowna-woman-finds-her-long-lost-father/

-- Global News Canada 2015-06-04

The guys name is colin de jong and he writes the dutch section of that silly newspaper pattaya people.

After readibg some of his stories, I can suppose the Toronto girl is not the only one !

Just a dutch walt mitty working for a danisch walt mitty on the pretence of being a reporter in walt mitty land /pattaya......

He also writes stories on a Dutch Thai orientated blog and i always burst out in laughter at the level of stupity of some of the posters ,like there is some kind of science behind why old Dutch farts find the need to over explain why they schack up with hookers in Pattaya or isaan.

He also hangs out and works with the wrong people in Pattaya but then has the balls to be featured in a crime watch program on Dutch tv hunting down dutch criminals hiding in Pattaya in wich was clearly a personal vendetta with a fellow dutch guy because his so called danish boss/underworld figure runs a news paper/law office/foreign tourist police volunteers.

The guys a first class coffee1.gif tw@t.......

Used to live in Kelowna,beautiful city in beautiful BC. Good luck to them both for the future.

Ya this is a great city! Check it out guys lol Edited by lust

This is certainly a happy story, but I can see it being pretty scary for those trying to escape the past. Beware! You can be found!

According to a person who knows him, he does not sound too happy ????

I can understand that.

The guy now lives in Thailand, perhaps has another family here and even other children from previous relationships elsewhere and then suddenly confronted with a past he left behind many years ago.

I think; providing the daughter does not expect her new found dad to be the groveling apologetic father and hold him to account for a difficult childhood and not bringing her mother into the equation, has patience without having high expectations and works on forming a bond with her dad, than this could be the beginning of a fruitful relationship.

Edited by Beetlejuice

• 1 year later...