Sale of lottery tickets above Bt80 to be taxed

Lite Beer

The price was to be 80 bht!!! Now they are saying they have no problems with people charging more if they pay tax on it??

Then the final result if that happens will be the vendors will charge even more than before to cover their tax!!clap2.gif

The assessed value of the "tax" is the full amount charged above the 80bt price tag.

Seems a bit hap hazard to me. No doubt the situation will arise where whatever is charged above 80bt will be split between the vender and the "tax" collector.

Edited by Bluespunk

Truly a taxing situation. They first say no lottery ticket to be sold for more than 80 baht. Keep changing the dates, prices and now taxing the vendors who sell for over 80 baht. This only will hurt the law abiding vendors. If it was a law why does every thing keep changing?

After doing some research I believe the vendors pay 76 baht per ticket. How can they realistically live off of making 4 baht per sale?

If you are from the USA or the UK....

it seems the vendor would be getting 5% which is what on an 80 baht sale Pramaturua ???

I see your point about 5% it's a low margin item but based on the few people I talked to they are lucky to sell at least 25 a day. So that's 100 baht a day regardless of the margin. Let's say they sell twice that it still is only 200 baht or $6-7 a day. I can't imagine they can feed themselves or support a family.

I understand what you are saying Pramaturua--& to be fair the outlets in the USA & UK do not just have to rely on ticket sales alone to make a living. I live in rural Issan & there are a lot of old & crippled people trying to make a living from selling them. There out in the sun all day every day walking miles--I respect them for doing this, they are no burden on their family or the state----- but the bit we don't see is the middle man that has the cash to put the bond up & buy 10s of thousands of tickets & then sell them on to these poor folks at a fat profit. No one knows how the dust will settle on this---but I have to take my hat off to the Army for trying to tackle it----when countless governments Red-or Yellow just dodged it like they did the all the other corruption that has been going on.

However, such duplicity is not unknown in other countries, including western democracies.

For example, use of marijuna might be lawful according to local law but against federal law. But the state will still tax the income derived from sales while reserving the right to bring charges for distriution.

Well observed and ONE valid example.

+1

There were many more examples for rampant corruption in western states; Fundamentally they are all based on the same principles like here.

Lying to the people is just one of the many tools they use.

The big difference to third world countries is, they do it in much more professional, regulated ways, which makes it sometimes less obvious to see than it is here in this example.

Utter pisstake, the government have tip toed round it and tried to appease sellers. Just give allocations to 7/11, family mart, lotus etc. It's obvious that individual sellers are going to play by their own rules, abuse it then lose it. When are these fools going to man up i wonder....