Hydraulics !

Hi fellas,

Dont know if anyone can help with this, but would appreciate any info that may help solve the problem....

I am trying to find a Hydraulic control, two way, variable (fwd reverse) that can be operated by the way of a foot pedal, on a machine (riding mower size).

Anyone got any ideas where to purchase?? in Thailand or wherever....

Thanks

Rgds

weegee

Edited by weegee

by Hydraulic control assume you need a manually operated valve

I would look at the parts dept for hydraulic operated tools, such as backhoes, dump trucks etc

find a place that repairs dump trucks 'dozers etc and ask there

Hope this helps

Weegee, my Bobcat excavator has that type of valve on the floor. It is spring loaded to stay centered, and rocking it with toe or heel gives the two way control. It's a pedal with the actual valve under the floor. When I got it, it didn't have a thumb on the bucket so I made one and had hoses made up and all I had to do was attach hoses to the valve - one each to the pump and reservoir and two to the new ram for the thumb. This valve was part of the Bobcat from the factory for future use if wanted.

That's the one you are looking for. The machine isn't here or I'd post a pic.

I do have pic on this laptop. The hands are already too busy with both pivots of the boom, boom extension plus the boom swing not to mention the digging bucket and driving back and forth so it's nice to have the pedal to bring the thumb (red) up against the bucket to pinch and lift something like a log or rock.

Most excavators have that pedal if you can find an equipment junk yard.

post-164212-0-50617500-1433680906_thumb.

Weegee, I suppose you know there are one way and two way valves. One way applies hydraulic fluid/pressure, and when released drains it back into the reservoir. Two way reverses pressure direction and has a neutral center. That thumb and pedal are two way - powered in both directions by rocking the pedal with toe and heel. They make one way and two way hydraulic cylinders too.

Weegee, my Bobcat excavator has that type of valve on the floor. It is spring loaded to stay centered, and rocking it with toe or heel gives the two way control. It's a pedal with the actual valve under the floor. When I got it, it didn't have a thumb on the bucket so I made one and had hoses made up and all I had to do was attach hoses to the valve - one each to the pump and reservoir and two to the new ram for the thumb. This valve was part of the Bobcat from the factory for future use if wanted.

That's the one you are looking for. The machine isn't here or I'd post a pic.

No worries, thanks for the lead.

Weegee, I suppose you know there are one way and two way valves. One way applies hydraulic fluid/pressure, and when released drains it back into the reservoir. Two way reverses pressure direction and has a neutral center. That thumb and pedal are two way - powered in both directions by rocking the pedal with toe and heel. They make one way and two way hydraulic cylinders too.

Great help there neversure...thanks.

You mentioned junk yards here....huh...rusted out crap thats dearer than new....lol.

Still on computer looking at present.

I just thought of a good example of a one way cylinder and valve and that's a hydraulic jack. It's only one way push and loosening the valve allows gravity to lower it while draining the fluid back into the reservoir. There are hydraulic cylinder and valves like that too that only need to push in one direction and usually gravity returns them. A one way is cheaper for both valve and cylinder but no good if you need two way.

Good luck.

If you could get a good enough deal on a hand operated one you could fabricate the pedal. The actuator would be attached to/part of the pedal and project below it and pin where the handle did. The valve body already has the pivot point on it either way. This is all it would take to support the pedal once the valve body was mounted.

The pedal or lever doesn't attach to the tractor; only to the valve body. The body attaches the the tractor. I could see a manufacturer using the same valve body for either pedal or lever and only the pedal or lever change would make the difference.

The springs to return the valve to center/neutral are already in the valve assy.

post-164212-0-88200600-1433769930_thumb.

Good luck.

If you could get a good enough deal on a hand operated one you could fabricate the pedal. The actuator would be attached to/part of the pedal and project below it and pin where the handle did. The valve body already has the pivot point on it either way. This is all it would take to support the pedal once the valve body was mounted.

The pedal or lever doesn't attach to the tractor; only to the valve body. The body attaches the the tractor. I could see a manufacturer using the same valve body for either pedal or lever and only the pedal or lever change would make the difference.

The springs to return the valve to center/neutral are already in the valve assy.

attachicon.gif6X844_AS01.JPG

Thats roughly the way i am going to go...I have had a reply from a mob in china, who have exactly what i want, by the looks. i will know more tomorrow again.

Thanks

Rgds

weegee

Hi weegee, unsure where exactly you're based but if anywhere close to some of the ports where the larger fishing boats work from you may have an option to find some service companies supplying similar types of valves used for operating hydraulic winches or triplex power blocks on these fishing vessels,,

Hi weegee, unsure where exactly you're based but if anywhere close to some of the ports where the larger fishing boats work from you may have an option to find some service companies supplying similar types of valves used for operating hydraulic winches or triplex power blocks on these fishing vessels,,

Hi jonnyscot,

Thanks for that...but I have found what i am looking for. I think the problem is solved this end.

Appreciate your reply to this.

Rgds

weegee