New Bt2000 fine for spitting, blowing nose and littering in public places

webfact

No spitting in public places warning to be tightened

8-6-2558-15-36-59-wpcf_728x411.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Spitting, blowing nose and littering in public places now could face a fine of 2,000 baht under a tightened enforcement of city cleanliness law by city police.

Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) City Law Enforcement Department director Sophon Photisop said now he has ordered city police in all 50 districts to tighten enforcement of the law if there is any violation in public places.

He said the city cleanliness law has been promulgated for over 20 years but it was never enforced seriously.

He said spitting fluid or any substance out of your mouth in Japan is a violation of law that could face 30-day detention or a fine of 1,000-10,000 yen (300-3,000 baht) fine.

Violator could also be recorded in criminal file, he said.

He said now the cleanliness law will be strictly enforced and instruction has been given to city police in all 50 districts to implement.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/no-spitting-in-public-places-warning-to-be-tightened

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-06-08

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good. This is a good way to raise extra revenue while making the place look cleaner. Hopefully a few million Chinese-originated baht per year for spitting, and several million Thai-originated baht for littering.

I wish this was a central government initiative to affect the whole country.

I don't believe cities are the problem. When I lived in Bangkok they'd be out collecting the trash/hosing down the pavements every day. back on erstwhile green and pleasant Phuket there's shit every damn where. All thrown around the sois into the once pristine green areas around the houses/klongs. Disgusting. Start there.

None of these ridiculous 'bylaws' would be necessary if people were educated on the related health issues, were taught to have pride in their environment, and, had any sense of social responsibility. Social responsibility does not rest solely with the general populace, they only follow the example of those to whom they kow tow.

Edited by chrisrazz

I think the blowing nose means covering one nostril and bleing the snot out the other, which is pretty gross but who wants to walk around with a handkerchief full of snot sitting in their pocket in this climate?

I think the blowing nose means covering one nostril and bleing the snot out the other,

According to this news report, substances out of a nostril is not illegal in Japan... blink.png

I never seen the spitting, pissing, or shit problem but Jomtien has to do something about the trash around the Jomtien Beach dumpsters. Something like emptying them more often and then scrubbing around the dumpsters once in a while.

Someone had better warn the footballers when they next visit Bangkok.

Not only will they need to be careful about videoing their extra curricular activities they will also have to hold back on vacating the contents of their nostrils on the pitch during gamesbah.gif

Blowing nose ??? seems a bit extreme

I don't think it means blowing nose into a tissue. I think that means putting your finger over the top of your nose or over one nostril and snotting out.

You will see many athletes do this.

Although spitting and blow out that boegie in yr nostral is gross it has no negative impact on the environment , like seen in another post today by thaivisa the huge amount of plastics , better make a good fine for vendors pouring their oil down the drain

Has been enforced between Soi 4 and Soi 16 in Bangkok for at least 10 years.

Enforced on foreigners, while locals were allowed to urinate and do whatever else wink.png

You don't even have to say Sukhumvit because everyone knows.

I can no longer blow my nose?

Am I being forced to suck it up my nose, into my mouth and then swallow it like the Thais do??

What's next?

5,000 baht fine if you fart?

10.000 baht if it is an audible fart as well?

What they need is a law against popping pimples and blackheads in your motor scooter mirror.

And maybe one against picking lice off of your friends head in public!

And picking your nose in a restaurant.

My "up the wall list" is getting longer!

I can no longer blow my nose?

Am I being forced to suck it up my nose, into my mouth and then swallow it like the Thais do??

What's next?

5,000 baht fine if you fart?

10.000 baht if it is an audible fart as well?

What they need is a law against popping pimples and blackheads in your motor scooter mirror.

And maybe one against picking lice off of your friends head in public!

And picking your nose in a restaurant.

My "up the wall list" is getting longer!