Three Explosive Devices thrown at foreigners in South Pattaya area

webfact

Wow, this is a serious escalation of the existing undercurrent of hostility towards foreigners.

In the past it seemed like crimes against foreigners was a no go area for Thais. But in recent years the level and frequency of crime against foreigners has increased. Some of this, no doubt, is due to TATs constant need to get more and more tourist arrivals, pretty much regardless of the cost to the country. As a result, many of the tourists in recent years have been of questionable character.

Many of those questionable characters fit in just fine when teamed up with the right Thais. tongue.png Maybe time for TAT to stop pushing the total number of tourist arrivals, and truely go after 'quality' tourists. Trouble is, the quality tourists may not want what TAT has to offer.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone in the family has to work to survive because of the huge cost of living increase that Thailand has seen over several years. Those very things that have destroyed the West are now evident in Thai society. The vast increase in prices in land, house and basics are more and more out of reach of the average person both in the West and in Thailand. In the long term, it is not sustainable. The wealthy are in line for a huge lesson in how to survive the redistribution of their wealth. They won't survive it. A very wise man once said the poor shall inherit the Earth. Believe it!

How much of this do you think is the result of retirees and influx of foreigners moving to Thailand for its low cost of living?

Here in CM, amazed at how many billboards pop up advertising luxury condos when I know most Thais couldnt afford to live in them. What's going on in their minds when theyre constantly bombarded with huge advertisements promoting luxury and excess?

They must be able to find Thai people who can afford them as they are only allowed by law to sell 49% of the total units to foreigners.

Everyone in the family has to work to survive because of the huge cost of living increase that Thailand has seen over several years. Those very things that have destroyed the West are now evident in Thai society. The vast increase in prices in land, house and basics are more and more out of reach of the average person both in the West and in Thailand. In the long term, it is not sustainable. The wealthy are in line for a huge lesson in how to survive the redistribution of their wealth. They won't survive it. A very wise man once said the poor shall inherit the Earth. Believe it!

How much of this do you think is the result of retirees and influx of foreigners moving to Thailand for its low cost of living?

Here in CM, amazed at how many billboards pop up advertising luxury condos when I know most Thais couldnt afford to live in them. What's going on in their minds when theyre constantly bombarded with huge advertisements promoting luxury and excess?

They must be able to find Thai people who can afford them as they are only allowed by law to sell 49% of the total units to foreigners.

So you dont know about the company Bs for getting around this

IMO people are crazy to do this but some do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing Farangs in Thailand w00t.gif

There could be more to this story, the foreigners probably made them lose face and this was the revenge. But we will never know the facts.

As usual the Thai apologist chimes in again blaming the victim "probably made them lose face".

Im sure our resident super sleuths will be along shortly to put us all in the picture.

Im waiting for the Mr T word to raise its head,wont be long now i guess.

Only by idiots who have no clue. Right now, you are the only one to do it.

The rest of us know that he does not use kids with home-made devices, he pays UDD thugs to go out with M79's.

Are you speaking of the famous Non Lethal M-79 that is a trademark of Thailand?

Yes, I know about forming a company to get around the restriction on land ownership but I think you'd have to be really desperate to use that method to own a condo. I mean, why bother when there are so many condos available legally?

Starting to get off-topic now.

Yes, I know about forming a company to get around the restriction on land ownership but I think you'd have to be really desperate to use that method to own a condo. I mean, why bother when there are so many condos available legally?

Starting to get off-topic now.

Yes you are.

Who hasn't had a little fun with firecrackers or whatnot as a youth?

Exactly, every school trip to France ended up in us throwing bangers at the local youths, they used to chase us on their mopeds shouting obscenities, was hilarious..

Exactly, every school trip to France ended up in us throwing bangers at the local youths, they used to chase us on their mopeds shouting obscenities, was hilarious..

How very British.

How very British.

And people wonder at the nationality of the chav peeing off the back of the Song Tau?

• 2 months later...