Where can I leave my luggages ?

popje

I wanted to take an hotel close to the bangkok airport but its like 40min away in taxi from the train station (I am going to koh samui the next day), we need to make some shopping in bangkok and there not much shops around the airport, leaving my luggages at the hotel near the airport is a bad idea because we'd have to take the taxi 3 times, since we don't want to go around shopping with all of our bags. Is there a way to pay a random hotel close to the train station to hold our bags, is it cheap ? is it safe ? Or should be absolutely cancel the shopping OR take a hotel close to the train terminal right from the start ?

Are you going with train-bus-ferry to Samui or flying down.

if flying, you have left luggage at the airport.

bus-ferry

You mean the train-bus ferry.

AirAsia has a Flight-bus-ferry combo starting at 990 baht via Suratthani or Nakhon si Thammarat, much more convenient and cheaper than the train combo.

AirAsia flies from Don Muang (DMK), as said there is left luggage there and good shopping nearby.

Theres a left luggage facility at DMK. There is a big shopping centre a few km's up the road from the airport, Rangsit Future Park. Is it not easier to stay near the train station and do your shopping in the city?

I want to leave my luggages closer to the train station if possible, I know some hotels do it but normally its after you rented a room. By shipping I meant mostly to get sim cards, bus tickets and some other stuff.

Edited by popje

I had no idea there was a left luggage facility at DMK, anywhere actually, do you know the exact address and approximate cost ? By shipping I meant mostly to get sim cards, bus tickets and some other stuff.

http://donmueangairportthai.com/en/549-luggage-storage-services

For suvarnabhumi.

http://www.suvarnabhumiairport.com/en/46-luggage-storage-services

For train station.

Left luggage: If you need to leave your bags somewhere, there's a staffed privatised left luggage office at the rear left-hand corner of the concourse,

It's open 04:00 to 23:00 daily, prices 30, 50, 70 or 80-100 baht for a small/medium/large/extra large item per 24 hours, although what constitutes a small or large item isn't specified!

Are you going with train-bus-ferry to Samui or flying down.

if flying, you have left luggage at the airport.

bus-ferry

You mean the train-bus ferry.

AirAsia has a Flight-bus-ferry combo starting at 990 baht via Suratthani or Nakhon si Thammarat, much more convenient and cheaper than the train combo.

AirAsia flies from Don Muang (DMK), as said there is left luggage there and good shopping nearby.

I actually found something slightly cheaper, its by train, overnight sleep second class but 17 hours. I wouldn't mind paying for a flight if it worth it, but the best I could find is 1500 baht to surathani not including taxi to ferry or boat price.

I'm really open to anything to be honest

I had no idea there was a left luggage facility at DMK, anywhere actually, do you know the exact address and approximate cost ? By shipping I meant mostly to get sim cards, bus tickets and some other stuff.

http://donmueangairportthai.com/en/549-luggage-storage-services

For suvarnabhumi.

http://www.suvarnabhumiairport.com/en/46-luggage-storage-services

For train station.

Left luggage: If you need to leave your bags somewhere, there's a staffed privatised left luggage office at the rear left-hand corner of the concourse,

It's open 04:00 to 23:00 daily, prices 30, 50, 70 or 80-100 baht for a small/medium/large/extra large item per 24 hours, although what constitutes a small or large item isn't specified!

yeah I edited my text, didn't know DMK was the airport at first lol

yeah I edited my text, didn't know DMK was the airport at first lol

DMK is the old airport, for budget carriers.

When are you going?

I'll be at Suvarnabhumi airport around 10 am on july 10th Bangkok time.

edit: going to sleep, will respond tomorrow

Edited by popje

Thai Lion Air.

Depart : 10 Jul , 14:00 Don Muang Airport(DMK)

Arrive : 10 Jul , 15:10 Surat Thani Airport(URT)

Base Fare THB 645.00

Total Fuel Surcharge, Taxes & Fees THB 150.00

Total Amount THB 795.00

There will be companies at the airport offering island transfer for 400 baht.

next trip, consider LOMPRAYAH Service for bus-katamaran high speed-ferry from Bangkok to Samui. Their office is in the Soi Rambuttri (paralell to Khaosan Road) and after buying your tickets you can leave your luggage at the office while you go shopping.

http://www.lomprayah.com/ww/E/booking_buffet_1.aspx

they also offer the trip from Surat Thani airport to Nathon (Samui)

http://www.lomprayah.com/ww/surat/surat.html

Their buses leave by the evening. It's a night bus ride that takes you to the Donsak Ferry Pier, arrives early 6 in th morning and the high speed katamaran stops at Koh Tao, then Ko Phangan before its destination Maenam Beach on Ko Samui.

It's a little bit cheaper than flying and definitely a nice katamaran trip ! They also offer a quote on the trip to the Hotel you booked on Samui

Mind . . . . if you arrive at Samui airport or Nathon ferrypoint, you still have to pay for the transfer to the hotel, most posters here seem to forget

Edited by crazygreg44

Thai Lion Air.

Base Fare THB 645.00

Total Amount THB 795.00

wow thanks, this is incredibly cheap, also there seems to be a promo right now at 595 baht, you think I should buy it now ?

next trip, consider LOMPRAYAH Service for bus-katamaran high speed-ferry from Bangkok to Samui. Their office is in the Soi Rambuttri (paralell to Khaosan Road) and after buying your tickets you can leave your luggage at the office while you go shopping.

http://www.lomprayah.com/ww/E/booking_buffet_1.aspx

they also offer the trip from Surat Thani airport to Nathon (Samui)

http://www.lomprayah.com/ww/surat/surat.html

Their buses leave by the evening. It's a night bus ride that takes you to the Donsak Ferry Pier, arrives early 6 in th morning and the high speed katamaran stops at Koh Tao, then Ko Phangan before its destination Maenam Beach on Ko Samui.

It's a little bit cheaper than flying and definitely a nice katamaran trip ! They also offer a quote on the trip to the Hotel you booked on Samui

Mind . . . . if you arrive at Samui airport or Nathon ferrypoint, you still have to pay for the transfer to the hotel, most posters here seem to forget

I think I will go with thai lion air but I'll take a look at LOMPRAYAH for the airport to koh samui transfer.

Thai Lion Air.

Base Fare THB 645.00

Total Amount THB 795.00

I was about to book when I went to check for the baggage allowance, first 15kg for the check in luggage is really not much, mine will probably be around 20-23kg since its what I am allowed with westjet and air china, the fees are 595 baht per kg, so its out of the question, also, the carry-on luggage is also too small, my bag is too big as well as my friends bag.

that's why i recommended the bus / katamaran trip. You don't pay for the luggage weight.

Most inner- Asian budget airlines are 15 kilo standard check-in, every kilo overweight must be paid. Your 23 - 40 kilos baggage allowances are only good on international flights.

If you are looking at the budget, the bus trip is cheap and cool.