Seeking Honest Advice How To Deal With A Strange Thai English Teacher At My Son’s School..

If he's at tech college, that means he failed the high school for whatever reason.

(Naughty children, stupid children and problem children are all told to leave government high school at age 15+, after M3)

Best not to get involved, you're clearly not helping his education.

What complete rubbish.. Technical college is technical college. It is to learn a technical trade. They have a bad name generally because of Thailand's enfercise on degrees. But you as a student are certainly not forced to go there.
Sorry to but in but it is true. There is stringent testing to get into matayom level government. All the kids that can't get in go to private schools and tech. There are too hurdles to get in.

First, all grades from g3,g4,g5,and half g6 are added.

If they pass with 3.5 or above, they are permitted to sit the entrance test. Then they sort out the mice from the men.

The competition is fierce and money will not buy you in.

They are all rich.

Can anyone provide a translation of this post ?? ..

Are you saying .. Money will not buy you a place in upper mathayom ?? Lol

I used to what is considered one of the top mathayom schools in the province, and we had a special class for students that could only proceed by 'buying' their way in.

Electronics classes aren't for drop-out kids, they learn electronics from the 1960's onwards through the decades - in addition to serious mathematics. When mathayom 6 kids are getting their <deleted> wiped and sitting in another ASEAN summer camp, Vocational kids are programming C++

It's a proving ground, a springboard - like the OP says, his son wants to look towards programming - it's a good worthwhile move.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Run yours , and then the Teacher's versions each through a Grammar checker, say, in Word.

Compare the results.

See if the contexts of each relate, or not.

Let the teacher view your results...

But in either case, your version won't get make it to the stage, so let him speak with the Teacher's version.

However, go to whatever lengths necessary, to ensure everyone knows that whatever spoken - is the work of a child being taught by THAT Teacher clap2.gif

Maybe he'll really lose face - and you will hear it happen

One of the rules in preparing a speech is to " know your audience" .

Your writing may be more correct but perhaps the people listening will not understand and thus no real message is delivered.

So if your audience is semi illiterate in English ... your speech should be delivered in semi illiterate English? .... Hmmm.

But seeing as most judges in E.P speech contests are native English speaking teachers ...I'll ignore your advice.

Not at all. The content should be fairly understandable by all. The OP said his son didn't know Bill Gates etc so it is safe to presume that his peer group wouldn't either!

It's the same as when students just copy and paste articles from Wikipedia for homework without one ounce of understanding!

Splitting hairs now? Didn't know details how he started in a little shitty shag garage. He's actually talking about how this guy became famous and so on...

Oh, forget it.

Not splitting hairs. Talking common sense... But never mind, you only listen to the sound of your own voice anyway. Everyone else is a drunkard or whore chaser.. Even your prathom 6 students know that! (Or do you stated in a post) you are the best English teacher in your province and EVERYONE knows you from a lowly traffic cop up to the head of the province!

One of the rules in preparing a speech is to " know your audience" .

Your writing may be more correct but perhaps the people listening will not understand and thus no real message is delivered.

So if your audience is semi illiterate in English ... your speech should be delivered in semi illiterate English? .... Hmmm.

But seeing as most judges in E.P speech contests are native English speaking teachers ...I'll ignore your advice.

yes, please ignore my advise and carry on with your way. Up to you :)

''

Not splitting hairs. Talking common sense... But never mind, you only listen to the sound of your own voice anyway. Everyone else is a drunkard or whore chaser.. Even your prathom 6 students know that! (Or do you stated in a post) you are the best English teacher in your province and EVERYONE knows you from a lowly traffic cop up to the head of the province! = post of casualbiker # 64.....

Now you're openly accusing me of weird stuff and you write strange lies about me. I've never made such a statement that I'm a very good teacher, nor the "best". What a stupid statement in a world where people like Einstein made statements like: " I know that I know nothing." facepalm.gif

I'm better in teaching English than I am in teaching German, but.I never said anything even similar, so why do you make this up?

I don't think false accusations should be tolerated on this forum. This isn't about me here. Please just let it be and mind your own business.

Many others here wrote some very interesting points and you attack me with pretty much unfair lies, you can't even back up..Please just stop it.

Edited by lostinisaan

Hey Lost. You are forgetting that you are a great dad. WGAF about the speech? You do! You try to help and that is all you can do. coffee1.gif

In a few years, when the mango tree grows over your ashes, your son's English will be the best of all the candidates and he will have a good job. Job well done, Dad! thumbsup.gif

Hellooooo guys!

Yes i know about looseing face in this country but: this society has to learn a lesson and this lesson is to do things correct and if not correct change it!

No change will happen if everyone is paying this not loose face game: some have to stand up and step to another world!

So for sure i would teach my children the correct english and i would step up to his teacher daily if necessary!!!!!!!!!!!

I can not stand to support or protect people with wrongdoig! And i dont do this in Thailand as well!!!!!!!

I lived in many countries for my work and i always stepped forward and not backward! Nothing will change that way and I see some young pupils who also start to do so as they see the wrongdoing and the future is to start to change that !!!!!!!!!!

"What a stupid statement in a world where people like Einstein made statements like: " I know that I know nothing." facepalm.gif "

You might want to check who said that !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_know_that_I_know_nothing

Or maybe you meant this ?

"What a stupid statement in a world where people like Einstein made statements like: " I know that I know nothing." , essentially saying somebody said something.

Edited by bigt3116

''

Not splitting hairs. Talking common sense... But never mind, you only listen to the sound of your own voice anyway. Everyone else is a drunkard or whore chaser.. Even your prathom 6 students know that! (Or do you stated in a post) you are the best English teacher in your province and EVERYONE knows you from a lowly traffic cop up to the head of the province! = post of casualbiker # 64.....

Now you're openly accusing me of weird stuff and you write strange lies about me. I've never made such a statement that I'm a very good teacher, nor the "best". What a stupid statement in a world where people like Einstein made statements like: " I know that I know nothing." facepalm.gif

I'm better in teaching English than I am in teaching German, but.I never said anything even similar, so why do you make this up?

I don't think false accusations should be tolerated on this forum. This isn't about me here. Please just let it be and mind your own business.

Many others here wrote some very interesting points and you attack me with pretty much unfair lies, you can't even back up..Please just stop it.

Where in my post am I telling lies?

I never said that YOU had made a statement that YOU were the best English teacher but it certainly comes across in your posts.

And off course it's about you. You pretty much wrote your stepsons speech, You got upset because the weird Thai teacher (your words) didn't understand it etc etc.

In almost every post you are degenerating other teachers with your whimsical utterances, including this one!

''

I never said that YOU had made a statement that YOU were the best English teacher but it certainly comes across in your posts.

And off course it's about you. You pretty much wrote your stepsons speech, You got upset because the weird Thai teacher (your words) didn't understand it etc etc.

In almost every post you are degenerating other teachers with your whimsical utterances, including this one!

He's "degenerating other teachers"? How does he do that? Don't think most people, teachers or otherwise, need much help in doing that.

''

He's "degenerating other teachers"? How does he do that? Don't think most people, teachers or otherwise, need much help in doing that.

Here we go another " teacher basher"

He degenerates other teachers by stating that they are whoremongers and sexpats or drug users!

''

He degenerates other teachers by stating that they are whoremongers and sexpats or drug users!

You're not encouraging much confidence in your qualifications to be an English teacher by twice misusing the word "degenerate." Once could have been a slip but twice...?

''

You're not encouraging much confidence in your qualifications to be an English teacher by twice misusing the word "degenerate." Once could have been a slip but twice...?

Really!

post-195835-14341779152491_thumb.jpg

post-195835-14341779359522_thumb.jpg

In almost every post you are degenerating other teachers

For me, 'degerenrating other teachers' is not correct.

As I read the post I just assumed you selected the wrong word from the spellcheck list and that 'denigrating others teachers' was what you was looking for.

If that was the case then I agree with that comment.

Disclosure...I am not or ever have been a member of the teaching profession.

In almost every post you are degenerating other teachers

For me, 'degerenrating other teachers' is not correct.

As I read the post I just assumed you selected the wrong word from the spellcheck list and that 'denigrating others teachers' was what you was looking for.

If that was the case then I agree with that comment.

Disclosure...I am not or ever have been a member of the teaching profession.

You are correct. I got the wrong word.. My apologies.

If you all want your kids teachers to be fluent in English why don't you send them to an International school? Everybody knows that Thai English teachers are not fluent. So you pay for something that you know is already not going to work.And then complain about it!!!

Its like If you went to a shop and saw something was out of date but you still decide to buy it.Then you get sick and blame the shop!!!

If you all want your kids teachers to be fluent in English why don't you send them to an International school? Everybody knows that Thai English teachers are not fluent. So you pay for something that you know is already not going to work.And then complain about it!!!

Its like If you went to a shop and saw something was out of date but you still decide to buy it.Then you get sick and blame the shop!!!

Or better still send them to boarding school in the UK (or any other NES country)

But if on their return they can't speak Thai... Oops.