Body of American-Canadian found in Pattaya Bay

webfact

Body of American-Canadian found in Pattaya Bay

drown-4.jpg

PATTAYA: -- The body of a 65 year old who holds American and Canadian dual nationality and had been missing for 2 days after he rented a boat, was recovered from the waters off Larn Island on Thursday morning.

Initially Khun Anura aged 31, the victim’s Girlfriend, reported Mr. Jean La Roche as missing after he failed to return from a boating trip he took alone.

He had rented a boat from the Ambassador City Hotel and after a search, the boat was recovered but Mr. La Roche was missing until his body was recovered on Thursday.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/199875/body-of-american-canadian-found-in-pattaya-bay/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-06-12

Canadian tourist's body found in Pattaya sea

Pattaya, Chon Buri:- The body of a 65-year-old Canadian tourist was found floating in the Pattaya sea Thursday, two days after he rented a small sail boat and disappeared.

Pol Lt Weerayuth Kangkala, an officer on duty of Pattaya police station, was alerted at 11:30 am that a body was found floating in the Pattaya sea between Koh Larn and Koh Jun, which are parts of Tambon Naklua in Bang Lamung district.

Weerayuth and officials from the Sawang Boribun Thmmasathan Pattaya rushed out to the sea.

The body was floating in the waterway near Koh Jun. The tourist was later identified as Jean Caroche, 65, a Canadian. He was floating face-down and he was wearing only one black underwear.

His body was plugged out of the water and sent to the Balihai pier.

His 31-year-old Thai girlfriend, Alura Sondee, told polce that Caroche rented a small sail boat from the beach in front of the Ambassador Jomthien Hotel two days ago.

Alura said Caroche did not return to the beach in the evening so she became worried and sought help from local residents to look for him but no one spotted him.

Alura said she searched for her boyfriend until the boat was found without his body.

She was informed Thursday that the body was found in the sea.

Police took the photo for evidence and contacted the Canadian embassy to inform his relatives.

In March this year, A body of unidentified western man was spotted floating also near Koh Joon, about one nautical mile from Pattaya beach.

tvn.png
-- 2015-06-12

Ahhh, new fodder for our TV keyboard hobby Sherlocks...

RIP poor boat renter.

Life happens...

I agree. Speculation, sooth-saying, guessing and juvenile comments often accompany such tragic stories.

RIP Dear Man.

I have been in worldwide shipdelivery for sailyachts. Mostly doing the trips alone. I always wore a lifejacket..

Also when my son is sailing on either his catamaran or laser, he always wears a lifejacket. Just plain stupid if you don´t.

I played golf with Jean a number of times at one of the golf bars. He was a local expat and a very nice guy with a quiet demeanor and an easy going personality. He was well liked and it is hard to imagine him having issues with others. Sad when a good person meets an untimely death. RIP Jean.

I read this story in a Canadian media column and it did not even mention that the boat

was a small sail boat. I have seen way too many people out on these boats, as well as

a few other kinds of boats, and they do not wear their life jackets, due to hot

weather and other lame excuses! RIP to this fellow, I hope he was enjoying life

right up until he fell into the sea.

My condolences to his family and friends! If I have to go early in life

I do hope it is while I am enjoying myself in the tropics, as it could easily happen while

I am freezing my butt off in a cold Canadian Winter!

Thais have no problems with dead bodies , they always seem to gather around to "inspect" the body.

I would not sleep well at night if I did the same.

Edited by balo