Any trained massage therapists in Chiang Mai?

mikey88

Does anybody have any info on massage or physical therapists who are actually trained in some way....

Not dispariging any of the many fine Thai massagers...but I'm looking for a Thai who may have some training in physio or osteo etc...

I'm not interested in a Farang at 3000 an hour....but if there were a Thai therapist...I'd be very much interested...

Thanks for any help...

Cheers...

They're all trained. The Thai girls/guys in the massage shops all learned from an instructor. They all have licenses.

For something else, I'd contact RAM or one of the other hospitals. Maybe you mean a Physical Therapist as opposed to a massage therapist? The cost of a PT through RAM is going to be more than 200 THB per hour, though.

Are you looking for physical therapy at massage therapy prices?

Edited by mesquite

They're all trained. The Thai girls/guys in the massage shops all learned from an instructor. They all have licenses.

If by license you mean a diploma, then that is not true. I have spoken to many that had no formal training.

Some places will hire girls with no experience and tell them to learn from the other girls, other places do have an instructor that will spend some time teaching them, only the better places require the girls to attend a real course. Though even those who have attended a course are not always good massage therapists, as they’ll basically just spend 30 hours learning a massage routine with no theory being taught.

If the OP is interested in a skilled massage therapist then PM me and I can recommend you one that I think is among the best.

Why PM?

I am not sure she want me to post her contact details here. Also, as I know the girl, it could be considered spamming, per forum rules: Thaivisa.com considers any method of actively, or passively promoting a commercial entity, that you have an interest in, including websites or personal blogs, and is not a sponsor, as spamming.

Physical therapists are readily available, usually attached to hospitals or doctors clinics. Just ask your doctor. I would not qhhowever quickly dismiss the therapeutic skills of the EXPERIENCED Thai massage person. I personally have witnessed absolute miracles being worked with stroke victims where physical therapy had had little observable benefits.

https://sites.google.com/site/physiotherapywaterclass/

Khun Noy is first class and holds a Masters degree from Thailand's Premier Medical University.

Last year when I was being treated for my knee problem she told me she was off to China to do a 2 week massage course.

I know that as a young lady she learned Massage.

B400/ Hr for Physiotherapy.

john