Suvarnabhumi Airport tops the world’s fastest public Wi-Fi in 2015 survey

Suvarnabhumi Airport tops the world’s fastest public Wi-Fi in 2015 survey

16-6-2558-12-07-31-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Passengers at Thailand's Suvarnabhumi Airport can avail of the fastest airport Wi-Fi in the world, according to a major new survey released by Rotten Wi-Fi, a global Wi-Fi watchdog.

It took over from last year’s ranking of Lithuania as the fastest airport Wi-Fi in the 2014 survey with speeds 15.40 Mbps.

Rotten Wi-Fi is a service offering a possibility to its users to measure the quality of a Wi-Fi connection and share the results together with personal comments or other content via social networks.

The survey, conducted by the Rotten Wi-Fi speed-checking app and website, tested and evaluated the quality of public Wi-Fi in more than 130 airports in 53 countries.

It found that Thailand’s Suvarnabhumi Airport had the fastest Wi-Fi download speeds of any airport (41.45Mbps), followed by Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport in Tennessee, USA, at No. 2 with speeds of 30.98 Mbps.

Indonesia’s Ngurah Rai airport came sixth place with speeds of 16.01Mbps.

“Travellers have a lot of time to kill while waiting for flights, even if they are on schedule,” said Lina Zaliauskiene of Rotten Wi-Fi. “In such situations, public Wi-Fi service could save the day, if it is fast, good quality and, of course, secure.”

Five of the top 10 airports are in Europe, two are in the U.S and three are in Asia.

The most unexpected entry in the top 10 has to be Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport surprisingly coming in at No. 2 with speeds of 30.98 Mbps

A previous survey by the company, conducted in December 2014, found Lithuania coming on top, followed by Croatia, Estonia and Ireland the best four public Wi-Fi in the world.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/suvarnabhumi-airport-tops-the-worlds-fastest-public-wi-fi-in-2015-survey

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-06-16

I've avoided this aerodrome for years, now that one can fly out of Chiang Mai to Kunming, Hong Kong, Singapore, Seoul, TaiBei, Rangoon, etc. So I can only write about CNX. TAT, in its infinite wisdom which all TV fans cherish, makes a big deal about offering free WiFi while you wait. You get a mighty two hours, I think, and all you have to do is tell TAT everything about yourself, citizenship, passport number, height, weight, sexual preference, etc. What a deal.

You gotta be kidding me. I fly in and out of Suvarnabhumi at least 12 times a year. The last 2 consecutive arrivals and 4 departures (plus many more) I have been bused to or from the Thai International aircraft. And these people are head-lining WiFi speeds. Thailand, never ceases to amaze.

What on earth is this nonsense? What next an award for Suvarnabhumi having the fastest garbage collection in the world, or the prettiest colours in airports, or the most expensive duty free shops? PR gone mad.

I've avoided this aerodrome for years, now that one can fly out of Chiang Mai to Kunming, Hong Kong, Singapore, Seoul, TaiBei, Rangoon, etc. So I can only write about CNX. TAT, in its infinite wisdom which all TV fans cherish, makes a big deal about offering free WiFi while you wait. You get a mighty two hours, I think, and all you have to do is tell TAT everything about yourself, citizenship, passport number, height, weight, sexual preference, etc. What a deal.

Basically nothing but an email addr. at Suv.

You gotta be kidding me. I fly in and out of Suvarnabhumi at least 12 times a year. The last 2 consecutive arrivals and 4 departures (plus many more) I have been bused to or from the Thai International aircraft. And these people are head-lining WiFi speeds. Thailand, never ceases to amaze.

Thailand did not organise this test. It is a website dedicated to Wifi and Internet speeds in hotels, public places, airports etc around the world. Thailand topped their list in a particular survey.

As such the article was picked up by Thai media and reported here. Should the editor really say, "No, I won't publish that because Mr Mot Dang got bussed to his plane, even though he flies 12 times a year (round of applause)"? What has that got to do with WiFi speeds?

And to the other people saying it isn't free. Yes it is. And it is impossible to register for. No it isn't. And it is only for two hours. How long do you think is reasonable?

TV never ceases to amaze me with the level of pessimism and condescension of its posters....