When The Train Leaves The Station, or Love Train....

lostinisaan

Hello and Sawasdee Khrap,

I just stopped on my way home to shoot these photos. The railway crossing with automatic gates is at a shortcut road between Sisaket and Uthumphon Phisai.

Usually quite a lot of people are driving this way now, because they finished one part of the road and it's a little bit shorter, with less traffic than driving on the 226.

I really thought it was just a one day occurrence, but both gates are down now for three days. On both sides are signs attached that say to slow down, cross the railway, but to be be careful and look out for a train...................

There's sometimes an absolute standstill, because two vehicles are trying to cross at the same time, which is only possible when both gates are up.

Just wondering why they don't seem to be able to leave both open and put a warning sign on.......

Nothing beats human stupidity. I hope that train drivers are aware, as trains are usually doing around 80 km/h there.

post-158336-0-52378300-1434451496_thumb.

post-158336-0-12105400-1434451588_thumb.

post-158336-0-15450000-1434451672_thumb.

post-158336-0-31641700-1434451723_thumb.

human Thai

Wasn't there at night, but when you look at the photos, the yellow warning lights usually switch on when the gates goes down.

Considering that these lights are off now, i don't think that there's any light at night now.

A scary thought when you know the place and the road and always see new white marks ( from accidents) on daily basis.

Probably why a few Thais were killed there last year in a white Toyota!

There're quite a few in the last years. Please see photo taken from inside the car and imagine a truck coming from the other side.

Saw some guys really trapped and once you hear the train, it's already too late.

But why can't they fix this damn gate, or just leave it open? it's three days now....

post-158336-0-89735100-1434459709_thumb.

Why can't it be fixed? SRT is the answer. Probably the worst state owned enterprise there is.

And the joke continues....day # four and nothing has changed so far. Thought about a little merit and use bored members of this honest forum to become railway contractors with the license to drive train for free from 11.58 to 12.00 o/' clock 24/7.

I've heard that monks from the Sates are currently on their way in their Learjet(s) to hold a traditional ceremony for the dead gates.

A good chance for retired expats to deal with their daily getting worse boredom, by watching the gates 24/7.

Applicants must be between 18 and 99, hold a degree in any field and free of syphilis and gonorrhea. Please send your resume and medical certificate asap.

Female, or if preferred, third gender companionship can be arranged. Work permit and visa will be paid for. The position is tax free.

Something happened to the gates over night, but they're not repaired. Either an accident, or somebody was really using a lot of energy to brake them.

One gate's down on the ground, while the other one's completely out of shape, almost an L shape........will see what they look like when I drive home.

Whatever happened after five days, it's really strange that such an important problem doesn't get immediate attention and they don't send people out to fix it.

I'm afraid that it's a little bit similar to some occurrences at Thai schools.Of course not at mine... Oh Buddha, please let it rain some brain. wai.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

what the hell is all the fuss. we all grew up with uncontrolled level crossings in our home countries so surely we can figure out how to stop look and listen at this crossing??!! or is it just more fun to whine?