Hilux Revo. Why no interest here?

Bung

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of 4WD system does it have?

No idea, but the button is on the dashboard now, not a change lever. The one I sat in yesterday, 1,149,000 THB on the road price. Ordered two of them, having just robbed the local bank.

to the people who are siily enough to think im saying my revo is like driving a Lamborghini grow up , what i mean is its miles faster , accelerates quicker and is all round better to drive ,even compares to my old vigo champ , never mind my izuzu

the new one has a power mode button which definitely gives it loads more umph as well as a eco button too

The ECO Button , how does that work,?, Eject half an Issarn Village out the back when you push it.facepalm.gif

What sort of 4WD system does it have?

No idea, but the button is on the dashboard now, not a change lever. The one I sat in yesterday, 1,149,000 THB on the road price. Ordered two of them, having just robbed the local bank.

Nissan have always had an electronic $WD engage system - when the's a fault on the ABS, you can't engage 4WD.

most pickups have a very rudimentary 4WD system but soe of the export models have a "central diff system which has distinct advantages.

is there a heater?

is there a heater?

All cars in Thailand with climate control AC have a heater.

My 2010 Ranger has AC, but no heater.

your 2010 Ranger does not have climate control AC..... Read what is written.

Edited by Don Mega

My first impressions when viewing the Revo a few weeks back were as mentioned above. As for the dashboard ... What the hell were they thinking??? Perhaps an afterthought ... Oops, we forgot something and plonked a screen in the middle. Looks terrible!!

We were mainly interested in the Fortuner, coming next month, which may utilise much of Revos styling and components. We're not so excited at the prospects now and will likely order a new Everest in August instead. Ford pickups and SUVs may steal the limelight from Toyota this year.

Yes.. though the downside is you get their dealers along with it. It used to be that Fords were part for part compatible with the equivalent Mazda model, so you could just take it to a Mazda dealer and enjoy much better service at lower prices (for the same part, LOL). Not sure that this is still the case though.. It seems they're going apart further.

That said, the Everest does look very nice; finally a proper pick-up based SUV from Ford; they took an age to accomplish that. It's not cheap though. But chances are the new Toyota pick-up based SUV will cost the same. I'm also not discounting the Subaru XV as kind of an 'almost SUV' softroader. Does have 4 wheel drive though at about 1 million baht, significantly less than the new Ford/Toyota SUVs with 4 wheel drive.

well i bought one and love it , its by far better than the champ .i have had 3 vigos ,i had the champ on its release date can not fault that truck ,but the revo knocks spots off it.

its more comfy,faster , has many more extras which make it more car like in side , better acceleration and fuel economy , in fact just better in every way

the only down side is lack of after market accessories , i have been waiting 3 weeks for toyota to get them in

try one you will be suprised , mine a 2.4 e my last was a 2.5 e ,i would not swap back for sure

But.. it looks.. reeeeally.. boring. And the dash/interior looks worse than pick-ups 10 years ago. And it didn't gain any cabin space.. Checked the 4 door model for space in the back and it's terrible. (Very high seating position, but very little space in all directions. It's completely terrible.)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

A stellar own goal by Toyota.

They have a couple of the new ones parked in the downstairs foyer at Big C Extra and there's NOBODY stopping to look at them. I did see one guy trying the doors but they were locked while the 'sales' staff sat at their little table full of brochures... playing with their phones.

They have a couple of the new ones parked in the downstairs foyer at Big C Extra and there's NOBODY stopping to look at them. I did see one guy trying the doors but they were locked while the 'sales' staff sat at their little table full of brochures... playing with their phones.

Well there's your problemo, <deleted> shops at BigC ?, balloon chasing farangs and p*ss poor locals. The staff were waiting to move the trucks on elsewhere after answering stupid questions from tyre kicking repro's.

Dont blame Toyota all the time,blame Thai Regs..USA versions are fitted with V6 lumps and all the extras at lo price too. The 2016 truck there doesn't have that ugly old tablet glued on the dash either,a smart Sony system instead.if you want to see the new Fortuna it on Australia / U S website under a name I've foregoten

Dont blame Toyota all the time,blame Thai Regs..USA versions are fitted with V6 lumps and all the extras at lo price too. The 2016 truck there doesn't have that ugly old tablet glued on the dash either,a smart Sony system instead.if you want to see the new Fortuna it on Australia / U S website under a name I've foregoten

How much is the V6 Revo in the USA ?

Hard to say , there are Build Options. Listed range on Tacomas starts round 20K U.S.$ up to 36 for the top TRD version. Big dealers slash those prices though.Does you no good to go there and see how were ripped of here.sad.png .The Rage Rover Ford Everest looks the best there imo, with Eco Boost Turbo Benzine lump,really nice quality inside the Prestige one, better than Toyo,or the Chevy Xover V6 i rented.coffee1.gif

the Tacoma is obviously not the Revo but with it priced between Bt.670k to Bt.1.2 mil seems the Revo is not too badly priced.

What is a Rage Rover Ford Everest ?

Maybe something new from India and America ?? somehow sounds better then a Tata Everest

Edited by ignis

the Tacoma is obviously not the Revo but with it priced between Bt.670k to Bt.1.2 mil seems the Revo is not too badly priced.

What is a Rage Rover Ford Everest ?

Maybe something new from India and America ?? somehow sounds better then a Tata Everest

The new Everest looks like the Range Rover front end. Its what they all say it looks like there.The Tacky is much the same,even Hi Lux dash layout.Aus have different names for the Hi Lux range too.

same goes for the other Korean Pickups Kia and Hyundia

attachicon.gifhyundai pickup.jpg

That one isn't actually real though - it's a Mazda BT-50 with a Hyundai nose photoshopped on smile.png It does show how easily the BT-50 could be improved though :P

They did show a concept back in January though, and it will become a reality sooner or later.

hyundai-santa-cruz-ute-concept-14.jpg

Edited by IMHO

That one isn't actually real though - it's a Mazda BT-50 with a Hyundai nose photoshopped on smile.png It does show how easily the BT-50 could be improved though tongue.png

They did show a concept back in January though, and it will become a reality sooner or later.

Any minor updates on the bt-50 due? With that ass and nose job, I would have thought it would have been fixed long ago! The 3.2 is good value compared to the ranger 3.2 in terms of cost, but maybe the bt-50 has lower specs.

Well there's your problemo, <deleted> shops at BigC ?, balloon chasing farangs and p*ss poor locals. The staff were waiting to move the trucks on elsewhere after answering stupid questions from tyre kicking repro's.

Yes, only broke arsed farangs and Isaan peasants shop at Big C Extra on Klang... and the huge parking lot is pretty much full every single day of the week too.

PS. It is OK to be angry after all these years of loyally waiting for the best pickup truck ever and have this faceless, vehicular homogenization served up cold. We feel your pain (...and stifle the laughter).

That one isn't actually real though - it's a Mazda BT-50 with a Hyundai nose photoshopped on smile.png It does show how easily the BT-50 could be improved though tongue.png

Any minor updates on the bt-50 due? With that ass and nose job, I would have thought it would have been fixed long ago! The 3.2 is good value compared to the ranger 3.2 in terms of cost, but maybe the bt-50 has lower specs.

There is a refreshed design for the BT-50, focussing mainly on front-end styling, currently in the final phases. Googling should get you some spy shots. It's more of an evolution that a complete re-design, but it definitely looks a little tidier, if not a little more plain too...

It looks like a half-way morph between the current BT-50 front end and that of the previous generation.

Edited by IMHO

Today, a couple of Toyota salesman took my wife and I to where they store all the new cars waiting to be sold. It was a journey of several kms and we were transported in the new REVO. We sat in the rear seats. The ride was considerably 'firmer' than that of our 3-year old V-Cross. I would actually describe it as 'typical pickup'. To be fair the V-Cross is probably the softest ride of all the pickups.

I must say that on the journey I wasn't too impressed with it. The 'screen' looks a bit of an afterthought, a little ugly. It was a manual so I couldn't tell how smooth their autobox would be. No doubt it will sell well eventually. Maybe its 'looks' will grow on you just like the Jute.

Today, a couple of Toyota salesman took my wife and I to where they store all the new cars waiting to be sold. It was a journey of several kms and we were transported in the new REVO. We sat in the rear seats. The ride was considerably 'firmer' than that of our 3-year old V-Cross. I would actually describe it as 'typical pickup'. To be fair the V-Cross is probably the softest ride of all the pickups.

I must say that on the journey I wasn't too impressed with it. The 'screen' looks a bit of an afterthought, a little ugly. It was a manual so I couldn't tell how smooth their autobox would be. No doubt it will sell well eventually. Maybe its 'looks' will grow on you just like the Jute.

The chances are the tire pressures in the new truck were typically up around +50 psi, hence the joust in the back seat.