International driving licence to Thai Driving licence

Hi everyone,

I have just received by post from France my French driving licence and international one. I would like to transfer my international driving licence to a thai driving licence.

I have a few questions :

• On my French driving licence it states that I both have my car driving licence and motorbike driving licence. However on my international driving licence they forgot to stamp it for the motorbike part. I'm driving a scooter here so I really need the Thai motorbike driving licence. Do you think it will be an issue for the transfer and I would only get the Car driving licence ?
  • My International driving licence is in German, Russian, Arabic and French.....There is no English at all, so do you think I need to translate it and makes it certified by my embassy ?
  • Since I have a work permit I understood that I don't need a proof of my adress. However the adress on my work permit is a really old one which states that I live in Latkrabang Area but I am now living in ratchada for few years already. Can I go to the transport government office on Pahonyotin road or should I go to the one which cover latkrabang area ? ( I just feel like I don't want to pay again at my embassy for a residence certificate.

Attached is a picture of my international driving licence which forgot to stamp the motorbike area.

http://imageshack.com/a/img673/6946/qOyG96.jpg

I can only answer one of your questions as I had the same problem with my international license not being stamped for motorcycles. I got the license for car no problem, no written or driving test had to be taken but for the motorcycle I had to take the written exam (on the computer in English) and when I passed that I had to take a driving test for motorcycles.

1st,the International Permit is not A license.As far as I know Thai Drivers License Bureau don't care about it.

If you have A license in your own country then The Thai officials will look at it.It would be good also if it has A motorcycle

Indorsement with it.If not then you'll need to take the physical exam.Just give them everything you have and go from there.

In my ignorance I showed Thai policemen my IDP before I got my visa extension as my driving license wasn't in English. . Looking back I guess the look of not being fazed by anything on their faces must have been quite funny. Never had any problems.

Archived