Major Cineplex Cinema Pattaya, closed down?

keithcresswell

I am trying to find out what movies are showing today but the iphone app is showing nothing for Major in Pattaya (shows other towns), their website is showing nothing for Pattaya and they are not answering their phone. Does anyone know if they have closed down?

And also when I click on "nearest Major cinema" it shows Sri Racha as the closest.

Well, yes, the website isn't showing showtimes right now but it seems pretty unlikely that the theater is closed down.

Also I have seen them not update their website before so it doesn't follow that website issues mean the biz is over.

On the other hand the SF cinema at the Central Mall is obviously much more popular.

If Major did shut at the Avenue, what's next? Villa?

Is that clothing operation working out there?

They've tried so many things in that mall.

Website works fine for me, with showtimes.

This is funny.

A few minutes ago, I tried it and it was blank.

Right now I tried it, and there were the showtimes.

Anyway, like I said, sometimes the website isn't showing stuff but it doesn't mean they're closed.

Speaking of movies, I want to see the new Jurassic one and have heard that for that one you really do want 3D. Remember at Major you need to buy (or bring) the glasses. At SF, they supply the temporary glasses each time.

I tried it an hour ago and it was blank. Whoever is in charge of updating this particular cinema website isn't being held accountable. Four years ago I arrive at Major Cinema at Avenue complex and discovered the particular time of my movie did not match up to the "real" showing time. At the ticket counter I asked the young woman how a customer is to find out the times of the movies...the website is wrong and no one answer the phone number. She looked at me seriously and said, "Come here and read showing times." (Really, I thought...I drive two miles across time to check the movie time? - )

These big Thai corporations that own all these chains of entertainment and/or mall stores certainly do not keep an eye which of their stores/businesses are being managed poorly.

I tried it an hour ago and it was blank. Whoever is in charge of updating this particular cinema website isn't being held accountable. Four years ago I arrive at Major Cinema at Avenue complex and discovered the particular time of my movie did not match up to the "real" showing time. At the ticket counter I asked the young woman how a customer is to find out the times of the movies...the website is wrong and no one answer the phone number. She looked at me seriously and said, "Come here and read showing times." (Really, I thought...I drive two miles across time to check the movie time? - )

These big Thai corporations that own all these chains of entertainment and/or mall stores certainly do not keep an eye which of their stores/businesses are being managed poorly.

saai.gif

Well, yes, the website isn't showing showtimes right now but it seems pretty unlikely that the theater is closed down.

Also I have seen them not update their website before so it doesn't follow that website issues mean the biz is over.

On the other hand the SF cinema at the Central Mall is obviously much more popular.

If Major did shut at the Avenue, what's next? Villa?

Is that clothing operation working out there?

They've tried so many things in that mall.

I have no idea how either of these businesses survive. Villa Market is always dead, and I go in there at least 3 times a week at different times of the day. I don't want it to, but half expect it to close down soon.

Yesterday evening it was open and advertising upcoming films.

As for the website not being updated, are Thai websites ever updated properly? Cant say I remember seeing one that is. They are usually way out of date, incomplete, and riddled with errors and omissions. But they do usually have lots of flashing gifs and other pointless clutter to make up for the lack of information.

They are open and operating. I went last night and watch Jurassic World 3D. The movie had it's moments but not impressed with the 3D aspect of it. Probably just as enjoyable without having to wear the funky glasses.

They are open and operating. I went last night and watch Jurassic World 3D. The movie had it's moments but not impressed with the 3D aspect of it. Probably just as enjoyable without having to wear the funky glasses.

Maybe, but I wouldn't want to sit through that turkey again to find out!

just a few days ago i used Movieedoo to get the time to go to see Mad Max at Major Sukhumvit (Ekmai) . Arrive early and Mad Max is not on any-more ( finis yeeserday ) but 5 cinemas were showing Jurassic world. The poor girl selling tickets was blank when we told her that the website still said Mad Max was showing . Their own web site was also showing Mad Max was still on. Not her fault but what an inconvenience.

Twice I've had the same experience, but never again. I just don't go there anymore.

Twice I've had the same experience, but never again. I just don't go there anymore.

Great, I hope enough people stay home to drive the price down.

Not sure what you're used to but I think the movie experience in Thailand is generally great.

Not sure what you're used to but I think the movie experience in Thailand is generally great.

I think the gentleman saying he'd never go to Major Cinema Complex at the Avenue was referring to the customer service sector regarding to not having the correct times listed. He was not referring to the facilities itself. True, the cinemas in Thailand most likely have better seating, sound system, and fancier interiors than back in our home countries. (and the tickets are less-just stay away from the popcorn)

I think the gentleman saying he'd never go to Major Cinema Complex at the Avenue was referring to the customer service sector regarding to not having the correct times listed. He was not referring to the facilities itself. True, the cinemas in Thailand most likely have better seating, sound system, and fancier interiors than back in our home countries. (and the tickets are less-just stay away from the popcorn)

Short nose syndrome...

. Popcorn is Mandatory, Cheap here, $15.00 for coke and popcorn in California...

Archived