Residence notification - but with a fee

Hi there,

Recently approached from the building where I reside - to give copies of certain pages of passport.

However the real concern is the asking of 200 baht for this - I am suspicious because the 90 day registration costs nothing. They already have this address

at immigration.

Any comments or advice welcome.

I have a full working permit and visa.

Steve

So you were asked by building management for copies of your passport which I assume was for them to them to report your presence at immigration (TM30 form).

There is no fee for them to do the report at immigration.

Perhaps they were asking for the 200 baht to pay for their time to do it which would be irregular to say the least.

• Like 1

Not sure really why you had to pay but my thinking is that it was tea money. Did you get a receipt ? Always ask for a detailed receipt and insist that they sign it prior to handing over any money. This will help weed out some of the scams. I would also take a photo with my phone showing me handing the money over :)

Don't worry about all the low life comments you get on Thai Visa. Some of these people are just lonely, angry fools with nothing better to do than insult other members. I feel sorry for most of them.

stevepompey, let's establish what you are talking about.

In the topic title you say "residence notification"; in the first post in this topic you say "90 day registration".

Are you talking about the notification of staying in Thailand longer than 90 days with the form TM.47?

Did you ask the condo management to submit this form to immigration on your behalf, instead of making this notification yourself?

--> To all other members: I suggest that it would be futile to make any further post in this topic until the OP answers the above questions.