What's Your Tipple?

EmptyHead

Hello Thaivisa Pub members,

So, I am interested to know more about you. And it's always interesting to know one's habitual drink.

I am partial to many different types of alcoholic beverage, but these days my tipple is a

Gin n' Tonic

post-217238-0-21606500-1434785423_thumb.

Though, I am partial to a bottle or two of Chang Classic as well.

So, what's your usual?

Edited by EmptyHead

Ice cold milk - great stuff & drink a lot.....

Water - try to drink 4 liters a day.....

Coke Zero - tastes great but not good for the body.....

Coke Zero with Rum - one bottle of Rum a month......

The best one is that a friend of mine was in a shop the other day and saw a bottle of vodka with a fifty percent discount on it!!

And he bought it for me!! The cheapest vodka at half price!! And he threw in a packet of cigs!!

Otherwise i drink white wine. Beer makes me burp.

In fact, the voddie was cheaper that the tonic or coke to go with it. All gone now, but took four days.

It is a known fact that here in Switzerland it is cheaper to drink alcohol than a coffee, or tea in a cafe.

Edited by Patsycat

The best one is that a friend of mine was in a shop the other day and saw a bottle of vodka with a fifty percent discount on it!!

And he bought it for me!! The cheapest vodka at half price!! And he threw in a packet of cigs!!

Otherwise i drink white wine. Beer makes me burp.

In fact, the voddie was cheaper that the tonic or coke to go with it. All gone now, but took four days.

It is a known fact that here in Switzerland it is cheaper to drink alcohol than a coffee, or tea in a cafe.

Has been the same in Germany though they created a law that at least one drink have to be cheaper than alc in a restaurant...now many restaurants offer MILK....

In the last few weeks I have started drinking Kirin beer at home. When I go to the pub if they have a good pint of Guinness I have that, otherwise I have Tiger. I cannot abide Singha or Chang, the only local brew that I like is Leo.

I drink wine with my dinner and then usually pass out around 11.00pm :-)

If I have spirits it would be vodka and orange, actually I love it with the tangerine juice that they sell here.

Start every day with 1 liter of water, followed by a cup of coffee while watching Faux Noise (it's good to know your enemies!).

Breakfast around 10:00 with another cup of coffee.

Bike riding/gym from 11:00-ish to whenever which gets another 2 liters of water down the gullet.

I sip a cup of coconut milk AND a cup of orange juice throughout the day.

3 or 4 bottles of soda water throughout the day.

THEN the full moon comes out, bringing with it a small bottle of tequila and a full bottle of Jeiger and I rotate the mixers.

Unless you drink alcoholic beverages simply to get pissed - no judgement there as been there done that.

'Tipple' generally refers to alcoholic liquids and so, as where you are, who you are with and what you are doing influences opinion:

Part one: Beer

Kanterbräu Gold

If you were at the Le Mans 24hr back in the late '80's early '90's you really didn't need any other means to accentuate your perceptions. Being a petrol-head you didn't even need that.

Löwenbräu

Before brewing was outsourced

Guinness

Before brewing was outsourced ... the water from the Liffey [and no need for preservatives and such] is what makes it special

For real beer go visit Britain.

For us wine-drinkers in LoS, this is a barren land.

In the absence of good red wine, I buy, wherever I can find it, Bir Lao. Lager.

Best taste available in Thailand. Unlike ALL Thai beers, which all taste like dog urine.

Vodka Tonic witrh lemon slice fresh from my tree (about the only positive thing the Russians have brought is cheaper vodka). Beer choice is Chang Export, Leo or San Miguel Light. On occasion a Bacardi and Coke Zero with a shot of Sang Som thrown in and the aforementioned lemon

I love Southern Comfort and Coca Cola with loads of ice........

I love the same and up to the end of last year I could get it over the border in Myanmar for 350B. My newest pub in town does Chang draft which I find ok but bottled Chang..... I would rather have a cold coffee made with gone off milk and no sugar.