Four Chinese men arrested with over 200 fake ATM cards

Thaivisa News

Wait until the triads ramp up their operations here.

Please travel a bit more and have a look at some Thai bar girls, especially in the north, but nowadays also in Pattaya and elsewhere. There're certain Tattoos showing where they belong to.

I don't think that Thais mess with them and the Russians have already made an agreement. They all get their part of the cake.

The Chinese groups, who then had recently immigrated were surely not sophisticated enough (their potential leaders were very few in number), nor sufficiently rich to be able to maintain numerous organisations within their communities. The secret society was a simple answer and functioned economically (tua-hia later ang-yi in Thai texts, two expressions taken from teochiu, signifying « big brother » and « text written in red »).

Since the beginning of the 1980s, the Triads are back. Freshly re-imported from China and from Taiwan, they appear henceforth as nothing more than petty criminal groups, sometimes extremely violent. Far from helping the Chinese immigrants, who are disembarking once again in relatively large numbers in Bangkok and in the northern provinces, they doubly exploit them, first by asking for exorbitant sums of money to help them enter the country clandestinely and then by taking advantage of their questionable status.

http://www.reseau-asie.com/edito-en/the-chinese-triads-in-southeast-asia-from-a-total-social-phenomenon-to-a-trans-national-criminal-org/the-chinese-triads-in-southeast-asia-from-a-total-social-phenomenon-to-a-trans-national-criminal-org/the-chinese-triads-in-southeast-asia-from-a-total-social-phenomenon-to-a-trans-national-criminal-org/

Edited by lostinisaan

Its interesting, but sadly typical of a lot that is said in Thaivisa forums, that not even one contributor to this thread has given any recognition or credit to the fact that the Thai police seem to have done a good job here. They acted on the tip-off in a timely manner, they didn't rush in - they observed until they had the necessary evidence and then made the arrests, just as any reasonable person would expect of a police force.... or is it just too difficult to recognise when the Thais do something right??

My answer to the sarcastic, condescending, boring, multiple offenders that post repeatably in these Forums:

To block a specific member you can do so by clicking on the drop down menu next to your member name then click Manage Ignore Preferences

From there you can add the name of the person you wish to block

Betcha the list grows after this post smile.png

Wait until the triads ramp up their operations here.

Please travel a bit more and have a look at some Thai bar girls, especially in the north, but nowadays also in Pattaya and elsewhere. There're certain Tattoos showing where they belong to.

I don't think that Thais mess with them and the Russians have already made an agreement. They all get their part of the cake.

The Chinese groups, who then had recently immigrated were surely not sophisticated enough (their potential leaders were very few in number), nor sufficiently rich to be able to maintain numerous organisations within their communities. The secret society was a simple answer and functioned economically (tua-hia later ang-yi in Thai texts, two expressions taken from teochiu, signifying « big brother » and « text written in red »).

Since the beginning of the 1980s, the Triads are back. Freshly re-imported from China and from Taiwan, they appear henceforth as nothing more than petty criminal groups, sometimes extremely violent. Far from helping the Chinese immigrants, who are disembarking once again in relatively large numbers in Bangkok and in the northern provinces, they doubly exploit them, first by asking for exorbitant sums of money to help them enter the country clandestinely and then by taking advantage of their questionable status.

http://www.reseau-asie.com/edito-en/the-chinese-triads-in-southeast-asia-from-a-total-social-phenomenon-to-a-trans-national-criminal-org/the-chinese-triads-in-southeast-asia-from-a-total-social-phenomenon-to-a-trans-national-criminal-org/the-chinese-triads-in-southeast-asia-from-a-total-social-phenomenon-to-a-trans-national-criminal-org/

Read my post again.

"ramp up their operations" - this means a big esculation in what is already in place, considering the number of Chinese tourists to Thailand is doubling, year on year. (info from another thread running at the moment)

Would you not expect illict triad operations to also double, year on year, to cater for their own people, and also take business from others?

Edited by NamKangMan

Its interesting, but sadly typical of a lot that is said in Thaivisa forums, that not even one contributor to this thread has given any recognition or credit to the fact that the Thai police seem to have done a good job here. They acted on the tip-off in a timely manner, they didn't rush in - they observed until they had the necessary evidence and then made the arrests, just as any reasonable person would expect of a police force.... or is it just too difficult to recognise when the Thais do something right??

Probably because when the Thai Police catch these skimmers, the reported amount of cash seized, may not actually be the true amount of cash seized. biggrin.png

After this arrest, I am sure these good Thai Police will be going back around collecting their monthly "tea money" from businesses.

I am sure they are a credit to law and order on Phuket, and perform their duties with the utmost integrity. cheesy.gif

Edited by NamKangMan

what would be shocking - if a Thai policeman would pose in a fake knockoff polo shirt or t-shirt for an official photo of an arrested suspect

I suspect the officer 2nd from right is wearing the genuine article in this official photo of an arrested suspects.

post-9891-0-28990700-1434895007_thumb.jppost-9891-0-90929600-1434895007_thumb.jp

I'm struggling to identify the crooks in the pic

Does anybody know which ones they are?

Because all I see is a gallery of skimmers

Struggle no more. The naughty China boys are seated, the plain clothes Thai cops in the background are relishing their catch.

Good for them. Job well done. No guts, no glory.clap2.gif

They don't look like thieves. I am always disappointed that good-looking people murder others, the thieves do not wear black hats or have a Hollyweird-compatible aspect, and that bad guys (aghast) also wear white sometimes.

The political incorrectness of it all really makes me sad. Darn it, wear your uniforms!

Yes, the police seem to catch a lot of fraudsters and this site is good for reporting them butwhy do we see no results to the court cases or do a lot just disappear with a healthy bung

Good idea ! It would be nice to see Thaivisa introduce a FOLLOW-UP forum. Right now, these topics get the crap kicked out of them but then seemingly become a dead issue.

Chinese trash instead of Nigerian and Russian

For a change....5 years in Thai prison for each

ATM fraud in Thailand is mostly committed by Ukrainians, Gypsies (from Romania and Moldova), Chinese from PRC.

ATM fraud in Thailand is mostly committed by ...... Criminals.... of ALL nationalities... just some do it better..! wai2.gif