Phuket police hunt three foreigners for car break-in (Video)

webfact

So......... suspicious enough to video them walking around.

Then watch them break into a car by cutting out the rear window, but decide not to video that.

Not buying it.

coffee1.gif

"A witness told police that he took a video of the suspects while sitting in his vehicle with his wife.

He said, “Three foreigners got our of a dark grey car, we believe a fourth person was still in the car. The three men walked around the car park and were acting suspiciously.

“When they got to the victim̕s car they cut out the rear window, stole the items, got back into their car and drove away.

“We immediately contacted the store̕s security,” he said."

I don't get it! There is the still photo and the video. So they are either separate items or the video has been cut. The video seems to be prior to the break-in as they don't appear to have any stolen objects in they possession. The one guy seems to be holding a cell phone. They definitely are not in a hurry. Where is the tool they used to "cut" a hole in the glass? Cutting tempered glass is no easy task in my opinion. If indeed the witness did see these guys commit the crime they the reporting is particularly bad but that is not unusual either. With that being said it is difficult for me to see why someone would just video these guys and make up the fact that they broke into the car. Maybe there is more video footage. All in all bad reporting to say the least.

I'd like to see a picture of the window supposedly cut through. I don't believe it. I sure the thick window film has kept the glass in a chunk and it just folded in when smashed.

They possibly cut the rubber seal around a small rear quarter window and removed the glass in one piece. Not cut the glass itself.

Very weird account...somebody just video taping people walking on a parking lot...

If the victim's car was a modern car......and probably was....also probably its have an alarm system.

No mention about that on the report.....

These guys don't look like they are acting suspicious or anything as far as I can see................. A weird video to upload as proof!... They just look like young guys dawdling about like young guys do.

I phone, I pad mini and two bags. It seems very weird to leave that kind of property in a car AND even more weird to leave them on the back seat.

The i phone, Thais like to have them hanging around their neck or firmly in the hand where EVERYBODY can see them and love to show these items in public, not leave them in the car! I pad mini, well this is the " must have " when sitting in the restaurant and bored with your friends so you can play your games instead of listening to them!

Two bags, very loose description here, let's wait to find out whether there was 250,000 baht in one and a Rolex with a 5 baht gold chain in the other!!

Nah, maybe I am wrong or just cynical but I am just struggling to believe they would be so lax in a busy car park with high value items.

It sounds so frustrating that a person will give very important details of what he filmed and in his film we can only see 3 guys walking. Why doesn't he film them stealing the items or cutting the rear window? Why not film them carrying the stolen items? Except this part is cut out of the video then we can't believe what he said.

Im surmising the witness saw them doing the dirty work but couldnt get the video going quick enough to catch them at it.

they probably filmed the trio afterwards to help with Id.

would explain why the kids in background are watching them,probably looking for another victim.

It sounds so frustrating that a person will give very important details of what he filmed and in his film we can only see 3 guys walking. Why doesn't he film them stealing the items or cutting the rear window? Why not film them carrying the stolen items? Except this part is cut out of the video then we can't believe what he said.

Im surmising the witness saw them doing the dirty work but couldnt get the video going quick enough to catch them at it.

they probably filmed the trio afterwards to help with Id.

would explain why the kids in background are watching them,probably looking for another victim.

A video not on TV does not mean it does not exist.

Not suspicious behaviour at all. Quite normal for tourists to go to a shopping mall and stroll up and down the parking lot looking at cars. Haven't we all done that on a holiday?

All joking aside - would a common glass cutter work on a tempered glass car window?? I think not, a spark plug works to pop a hole/shatter a car window, I'd like to see what they could use to "Cut a hole in a car window" picture that is concealable - these guys are not carrying anything noticeable...........anyone??

Iphone, Ipad, Idiot etc. Think someone try to skrew the Insurance-Company here ...whistling.gif

Now that's more like it. Drive into a car park with a broken window , get someone to film the first 3 that walk by, say they stole stuff from your car , put in a claim. The insurance company would pay up. I would love to know if the film producer and the one who has the car with the broken window know each other.

Renting a car with a false pasport and possession of a chisel, not exactly standard equipment for holiday makers. Sounds like they were up to something, and all the 'scam' and 'just people walking' shouters could be wrong..

... Je ne vois rien de ce qui est mentionné .... dans la deuxième vidéo 23 .....

... Dans la photo encore ils pourraient très bien être mélange Thai ....

Ils ressemblent à des Colombiens, non?

clap2.gif barin, the game of "what nationality"you have won
maybe a hair transplant, a Moumoutte ???? gigglem.gif

Renting a car with a false pasport and possession of a chisel, not exactly standard equipment for holiday makers. Sounds like they were up to something, and all the 'scam' and 'just people walking' shouters could be wrong..

The tool in the pic next to the chisel appears to be a standard glass cutter. I can see how the two tools combined could get through laminated auto glass (not tempered glass) pretty efficiently.

The suspect in the photo appears to be of similar build as all men in the video but no definite ID.

The tool in the pic next to the chisel appears to be a standard glass cutter. I can see how the two tools combined could get through laminated auto glass (not tempered glass) pretty efficiently.

The suspect in the photo appears to be of similar build as all men in the video but no definite ID.

I don't think an ID is required anymore since they already admitted they were at that location.