How to search for Property? and villages?

mja1906

Hi, any tips for how to start looking for a house in Chiang Mai ? I've done a google search of the main property websites in CM, but any other ways to look for a house here ? (to buy). Also, how can I find out the different property developments/villages here? I'm looking specifically for villages in Hangdong area. For example Koolpuntville and I know there are lots of others, but not sure how to find them. Thanks

There is no substitute for cruising around the Hangdong area and checking stuff out yourself. Much easier on two wheels than in a car. Take a camera and take photos, Lots of places for sale and you can get a feel for the area.

Actually I have been thinking the same, but to rent. I was told drive through the moo baans and look for the rental signs however some of them have quite strict security so how do you find what is available in these types of places.

Thais in moobaans/villages work on a commission within commission basis... friend of a friend of a friend... each getting a small slice of the action. Villagers will usually be very helpful tracking down land/properties for sale. Due diligence required of course, they also like to sell 'unclaimed' land.