Faster by Travel In Bangkok With Canal Speed Boat

How To Travel In Bangkok With Canal Speed Boat Download

The fastest! The cheapest! The most adventurous transportation in Bangkok is here!

This video is going to show you how to get around Bangkok by speed boat. It is super FAST and super FURIOUS (smell)!

Edited by Kwantida Piyavimon

I use it sometimes and get help from google maps where to get off, and yes some areas of the canals smell like sewers.

I read somewhere they were going to start cleaning up the Bangkok canals....we live in hope!

My son took me on a public canal boat trip. It was magical. You had to be nimble getting on & off & the water did smell BUT very satisfying to know that 30 feet above your head hundreds of cars were gridlocked whilst you chugged placidly on. The fares were very low; no faulty meters; no picky drivers. I loved it.

Well done video, thank you for posting. I've used these canal boats a couple times. And it was pretty straightforward. The only thing that was tricky, for me, was knowing how to say the Thai words for the stop I wanted to the ticket ninja.

I use this boat twice a day to commute from Asoke to Wat Si Boon Reung (sp?)...depart Asoke in the morning. both ways are against the traffic so boats aren't full. If you are coming into the city in the morning, or going out at night, they are jammed packed during rush hour. Is much much faster than car during rush hour. Fare is 17 Baht (vs about 120 Baht for taxi). You get used to the smell, never notice it anymore. Always sit on the right hand side (starboard) as you are less likely to get splashed when a wave hits the wrong angle; sometimes people get totally drenched with klong water. Wear a baseball hat too to prevent the spray on your face.

http://www.stickboybangkok.com/news/tourist-falls-off-express-boat-khlong-video/

This chap is lucky the driver didn't ram the boat into the dock while he was "swimming".

The fare collectors do an amazing job, and the sense of community (passing money across for the fare) and shared danger is exhilarating.

And it's fun to watch them turn the boats around.

Wish you didn't have to change boats at Pratunam.

https://vid.me/GFWb