Clinton says Confederate flag has no place in US

webfact

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One could say her opinion has evolved, nothing wrong with that, but I'd say she is just being opportunistic.

In the real world, "evolving" also goes under the name of "flip flopping". cheesy.gif

Ah yes, you have to call it that way because it involves HRC. And in this case I think you're right, since IMO she is only doing this for political gain.

In itself though there is nothing wrong with changing once stand on something.

Cant wait to hear the vitriol coming out of fox news!

They were extremely agitated on the evening shows last night. It was hilarious.

What I find to be highly amusing are the people who claim to hate Fox News and totally disagree with Fox News.... and yet continue to watch it all the time.

Why would they continue to torture themselves time after time ? ? ?

I watch Fox News from time to time, not for "news" value, but for entertainment. Just want to see what the right wing crazies are up to this week. I'm sure Jon Stewart does the same...in his quest for comedic material. Fox News never disappoints in that regard.

One could say her opinion has evolved, nothing wrong with that, but I'd say she is just being opportunistic.

In the real world, "evolving" also goes under the name of "flip flopping". cheesy.gif

I don't really get it why when a Democrat changes tack, it's called flipflopping as if that's a bad thing.

It's sheer pig-headed stupidity to stick to your guns in the face of new information that suggests you should change.

It implies that the Reps that use the term as an aspersion would never change their minds on any issue, regardless of new information. Scary to have that sort of pig-headedness in government.

I'm sure Jon Stewart does the same...in his quest for comedic material.

Not likely. He has a crew of interns searching for anything he can twist or distort into being funny. There is nothing honest or truthful about what he is doing, but he is amusing - you have to give him that.

Edited by Ulysses G.

The Roof TERRORISM event changed history in the way Americans view that rebel flag. Quickly. It wasn't only that he associated with it, it's what he tried to do (start a race war), and how amazingly it totally backfired. Sometimes social change happens fast. Such as on the same sex marriage issue relatively fast. And now the flag issue shockingly fast. You can't blame Hillary Clinton and anyone else including republican governors who are now coming to their senses on how that flag has got to go.

It is kind of a lovely irony ... tragic those people had to die in that church, but Roof meant to change history, and indeed he did.

Edited by Jingthing

Just out of interest and on a very specific question. Does anyone consider Fox News in any other way than a comedy outlet? Please note again that this is a a very specific question.

cheesy.gif Boy did you ask for this one.biggrin.png

It was a very good week for the 21st Century Fox owned cable news network last week. For the first time in a year and hence the first time this year, [/size]Fox News Channelwas the most watched channel on cable in primetime. FNC had 1.934 million viewers on average between 8 PM and 11 PM during the March 2 8 frame. Thats 9% ahead of the number #2 ranker of TBS, which had 1.767 million. The top five were rounded out by [/size]The Walking Dead broadcaster AMC (1.745 million), USA (1.742 million) and Discovery (1.524 million).[/size]

http://deadline.com/2015/03/fox-news-cable-victory-bill-oreilly-1201389905/

I'm such a dullard that I specified Fox News rather than the channel etc.

Just out of interest and on a very specific question. Does anyone consider Fox News in any other way than a comedy outlet? Please note again that this is a a very specific question.

It was a very good week for the 21st Century Fox owned cable news network last week. For the first time in a year and hence the first time this year, [/size]Fox News Channelwas the most watched channel on cable in primetime. FNC had 1.934 million viewers on average between 8 PM and 11 PM during the March 2 8 frame. Thats 9% ahead of the number #2 ranker of TBS, which had 1.767 million. The top five were rounded out by [/size]The Walking Dead broadcaster AMC (1.745 million), USA (1.742 million) and Discovery (1.524 million).[/size]

Fox News is the most trusted national news channel. And it’s not that close.

Fox News Channel beats out CNN for America's most trusted cable or broadcast news coverage, and MSNBC lags far behind, even among Democrats, according to new polling done by Quinnipiac University. The poll found 29 percent of people say they trust Fox News' coverage the most, followed by 22 percent for CNN and 10 percent for NBC News and CBS News.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2015/03/09/fox-news-is-the-most-trusted-national-news-channel-and-its-not-that-close/

Edited by lostoday

I'm sure Jon Stewart does the same...in his quest for comedic material.

Not likely. He has a crew of interns searching for anything he can twist or distort into being funny. There is nothing honest or truthful about what he is doing, but he is amusing - you have to give him that.

Just wait until the come for the monuments to your namesake, Ulysses S. Grant since he was a slaveholder... Next thing you know your TVF handle will be mysteriously changed to Kenny G...

4 of the first 5 Presidents of the United States were slaveholders while they were in office... The current crop of media pundits are so poorly educated as to the history of their country that they are woefully ignorant of their own legacy...

They have an excellent business model. 5-10 minutes pandering to angry old white men, then 3-5 minutes of adverts for: Erectile dysfunction drugs; remortgage companies; awnings; pillows; a variety of pharmaceuticals aimed at the elderly; etc. etc. etc.

They have an excellent business model. 5-10 minutes pandering to angry old white men, then 3-5 minutes of adverts for: Erectile dysfunction drugs; remortgage companies; awnings; pillows; a variety of pharmaceuticals aimed at the elderly; etc. etc. etc.

29% .......trust Fox News' coverage the most, followed by 22% percent for CNN and 10 percent for NBC News and CBS News.

How many trust you? Do you have a dog?

Edited by lostoday

That many people have used it just shows the hypocrisy endemic in US politics as a whole. Nothing tangible will happen but it will show that the entire US political system is bought out. I don't like Mrs. Clinton and never have... I consider her a liar and a thief but her behaviour is in no way unlike any other US politician and in many ways much less worse. All of them have sold themselves with regard to the rebel flag but the difference is that while the Democrat politicians will rob you but leave enough rice for breakfast, the Republicans will not.

Good points, bad conclusion. You may have rice today, but your grandchildren will not.

Wow, this is great. What is this the 4th thread about the Confederate flag? It must be a new record. Can anyone remember an event that had 4 threads all active and running on the same subject at the same time? clap2.gif

Yes, Islamic Jihad, another gas expanding into the empty vacuum created by the left eviscerating mores and cultural.

29% .......trust Fox News' coverage the most, followed by 22% percent for CNN and 10 percent for NBC News and CBS News.

You appear to be under the illusion that Fox is a News channel.

You appear to be under the illusion that Fox is a News channel.

Not me, America - 29% .......trust Fox News' coverage the most, followed by 22% percent for CNN and 10 percent for NBC News and CBS News.

I don't watch Fox news.

I don't really get it why when a Democrat changes tack, it's called flipflopping as if that's a bad thing.

It's sheer pig-headed stupidity to stick to your guns in the face of new information that suggests you should change.

It implies that the Reps that use the term as an aspersion would never change their minds on any issue, regardless of new information. Scary to have that sort of pig-headedness in government.

Humor me by permitting me to tell you about a recent case of someone being unable to make up his mind.

1. When he was running for the Illinois Senate, this man was FOR same sex marriage.

2. When he was running for the US Senate he was AGAINST same sex marriage.

3. When he no longer had to run a campaign, he was yet again FOR same sex marriage.

You have one guess to come up with the correct name of the involved politician.

Most of us would call this flip flopping on a grand scale, but the man's administration called it "evolving".

Edited by chuckd

Wow, this is great. What is this the 4th thread about the Confederate flag? It must be a new record. Can anyone remember an event that had 4 threads all active and running on the same subject at the same time? clap2.gif

Also... US ex-pats wanting to know where to buy guns, what visa is required yo buy a gun, cost of gun and cost of ammunition would have to be way up toward the top. I have not seen a topic opened in the General section of the forum for a number of days day.

With all due respect for forum rules I do think members should announce beforehand if they are abject racists and or gun fetishists.

To get fully back on topic. Clinton is entirely correct but has shown herself to be hypocritical on the matter. Much and many of the topics regarding this issue (racism) only address what people have said rather than the issue itself. Your general Republican is known to be a racist ****. Anyway, off topic.

The insult by association- that expats who are interested in guns and ammo should necessarily require forum rules to be changed to note racists... etc, is not in any manner an expression of "due respect;" it broadly suggests these people are racists and TV is complicit. To confirm they are both related to one thought you then steer back on topic. Not nice in any manner.

Please do not broadly paint any population here with such inferior labeling. It is both insulting and evidence of the very issues we are discussing on these forums and why the impasses come to be.

"To get fully back on topic," I think the US should ban the unfinished pyramid from paper money. After all, it is a symbol of Jewish oppression. Few know the reason the pyramid is unfinished. "That eternal temple, not made with hands, complete in the heavens..." shows just how far the pyramid imagery has failed. I think the US should also ban watermelons. Watermelons, in a peculiar fashion, along with fried chicken, represent a stereotype of African Americans we have long since eclipsed. They should join the names of sports teams and the confederate flag in the trash heap of history. I think we should also ban the American Flag, that symbol of division that a recent court ruling upheld banning because it makes illegals feel unwelcome on Cinco de Mayo day, that communist worker's party day celebrated variously as May Day.

We should also ban lemonade stands for kids, that quintessential symbol of white privilege wholly lacking in the black community, rename military bases named after southern military leaders, although most of these leaders were officers and made their merit in the US military prior to the war between the states. America should ban the Koran, that book along with Mien Kampf that actually proscribes slavery and indeed it is widespread today. America should ban the color red because it is a pejorative of Native American Indians. America should either blast or add Al Sharpton to Mount Rushmore, or some other agreed to figure. Railroads should be banned or at least reparations paid to the US Chinese. Potatoes and whiskey should be banned because they are negatively stereotyped with Irish. The term mafia should not be used to describe Russian or other organized crime because it insults Italian Americans. People should be required to wear long shirts and pants because the Trans-disabled are insulted. Stair throws of x inches height x y inches width should be changed because they discriminate against children and the vertically challenged. Washington State should change its name. The Jefferson Memorial should be named "...The Memorial" because Jefferson owned slaves. And most importantly, the White House needs to be repainted.

These things will be enough; ya' think? This will assuage the grief that is manifested after decades of reparations in the form of civil remedies. This will do it. Get the flag down, like guns, it has inherent evil in it. It will stop at blacks right? No, it has not really begun with blacks, it has begun with the victimization rights of America, it has only come full circle to a first sin issue.

Edited by arjunadawn

Cant wait to hear the vitriol coming out of fox news!

They were extremely agitated on the evening shows last night. It was hilarious.

What I find to be highly amusing are the people who claim to hate Fox News and totally disagree with Fox News.... and yet continue to watch it all the time.

Why would they continue to torture themselves time after time ? ? ?

As I've said, how can you criticise something you've never seen?

Plus it gives great insight into what the over-67's are swallowing everyday and regurgitating here.

I rarely agree with you but I think it is smart that you watch a news channel you can consistently disagree with. Though I dont really ever agree with you it does reveal at least a thoughtful journey to your choices. Bravo to you! More should arrive at a deliberated conclusion, though I generally like Fox news- as much as possible because I am sick of all of them.

Nope. They are filling the void that the MSM has created. If the Media were to give a voice to opposing viewpoints like FNC does numerous times a day and night, their wouldn't be a market for FNC.

The MSM is demonstrably left, so much so that in contrast, FNC appears one-sided when it's far from it.

A recent study showed that on average, they give more air time and have more left-leaning guests/pundits than MSNBC.

Being to the right of the mainstream media doesn't mean that you are to the right of center.

Why did left-leaning, talk-radio "Air America" go bankrupt despite huge financial backing from the founder of "RealPlayer"?

Because the MSM is already saturated with the same talking points and views.

Air America didn't have a market, or a void to fill, thus it went bankrupt.

It's also the reason why FNC has been so successful.

If you have the same product that everyone else is selling, you're not going to sell much product.

But if you have a product that is in demand due to scarcity, it will sell.

Simple economics.

It's also why conservative talk-radio is so successful and why Air America bombed.

Rush Limbaugh got higher ratings in San Francisco than Air America.

One of the most left-leaning places in the US, and Air America couldn't get listeners.

Even that nut Michael Savage launched his show from SF and was highly rated there before it went into syndication around the US

Meanwhile, Rush Limbaugh has been on the air for about 25 years now and is the top ranked radio talk show in syndication year in and year out.

And he will retire on his terms, not because lack of listeners.

Air America bled cash. The RL show generates revenue, so much so that Limbaugh is paid about $30 Million a year.

Nope. They are filling the void that the MSM has created. If the Media were to give a voice to opposing viewpoints like FNC does numerous times a day and night, their wouldn't be a market for FNC.

Given that their average viewer age is 68, and with the commercials I've accurately described above which are obviously targeted at their audience, I fail to see how on earth you can tell me that they haven't got an excellent business model.

I rarely agree with you but I think it is smart that you watch a news channel you can consistently disagree with. Though I dont really ever agree with you it does reveal at least a thoughtful journey to your choices. Bravo to you! More should arrive at a deliberated conclusion, though I generally like Fox news- as much as possible because I am sick of all of them.

I think it's smart for anyone to watch as many different news sources as they can.

There is mostly spin but between them you can usually get an accurate picture of what is actually being reported and form your own opinion of it.

Anyone who bases their opinion on Fox News is a dumb as anyone who forms it from MSNBC "reporting".

Notice the liberals talk about Fox News and not about Clintons' resume for the presidency?

You should really name names so everyone knows who started the Fox bashing.biggrin.png

Reminds me of the time I was on the playground and a bully came over to me and out of the blue hit me in the mouth and knocked out a tooth. I was kicking the sh** out of him when a teacher came over and made us both stay after school.

I think the US should ban the unfinished pyramid from paper money. After all, it is a symbol of Jewish oppression. Few know the reason the pyramid is unfinished. "That eternal temple, not made with hands, complete in the heavens..." shows just how far the pyramid imagery has failed. I think the US should also ban watermelons. Watermelons, in a peculiar fashion, along with fried chicken, represent a stereotype of African Americans we have long since eclipsed. They should join the names of sports teams and the confederate flag in the trash heap of history. I think we should also ban the American Flag, that symbol of division that a recent court ruling upheld banning because it makes illegals feel unwelcome on Cinco de Mayo day, that communist worker's party day celebrated variously as May Day.

We should also ban lemonade stands for kids, that quintessential symbol of white privilege wholly lacking in the black community, rename military bases named after southern military leaders, although most of these leaders were officers and made their merit in the US military prior to the war between the states. America should ban the Koran, that book along with Mien Kampf that actually proscribes slavery and indeed it is widespread today. America should ban the color red because it is a pejorative of Native American Indians. America should either blast or add Al Sharpton to Mount Rushmore, or some other agreed to figure. Railroads should be banned or at least reparations paid to the US Chinese. Potatoes and whiskey should be banned because they are negatively stereotyped with Irish. The term mafia should not be used to describe Russian or other organized crime because it insults Italian Americans. People should be required to wear long shirts and pants because the Trans-disabled are insulted. Stair throws of x inches height x y inches width should be changed because they discriminate against children and the vertically challenged. Washington State should change its name. The Jefferson Memorial should be named "...The Memorial" because Jefferson owned slaves. And most importantly, the White House needs to be repainted..

Replying earlier I took sarcastic turns suggesting other things that might next be banned based on no more than reviewing the history of reparations in America and the subsequent insistence- constantly- of more, more, more. This is not a black observation, this is a progressive observation and blacks are only the vehicle. Don't get me wrong, so much of the black argument has had validity but increasingly so do white grievances. To mitigate a white voice having an equal seat at the racial discussion table, blacks demand more, and more complex indictments unto whites such as the amorphous charge of guilt, white privilege, etc. These are fundamental observations that cant be measured nor even a defense articulated. Yes, he is white but... and guilt, that sense of "I did something wrong but I have no idea what it is" whit people feeling isolated from one another with no more connection than the mouthpieces in the media inculcating that they are guilty. There is no real public discussion about this, only the desperate need to project ourselves preemptively as not racist. Whereas most would have never given a thought to being racist now whites need to proclaim or preemptively define themselves relative to this fiction lest they be accused, and in the current state of America the accusation is the crime!

Never is it equally discussed that blacks actually cause far more racial incitement in the US lately than whites. When this assertion does appear to stick, and seems to justify a shared grievance for the adult table, an additional amulet to ward off discourse is unveiled- blacks cannot be racist! Welcome to the age of thought crime and punishment.

I mentioned the Jefferson Memorial earlier in a post and tonight, reading online, I regrettably see my pun is actually true. This reveals how predictable, and scary, the progressive playbook is under Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals in the guise of Obama et al. http://www.infowars.com/more-statues-and-property-vandalized-by-blacklivesmatter-protesters/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoauvIx5cWc

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/02/27/justice/california-school-american-flag-shirts/

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/judge-banned-american-flag-sheriff-took-action/

A Nobody's perspective: http://www.fredoneverything.net/Flag.shtml

If any of you think this is going to end or end peacefully you are sadly mistaken. This is a total creation, a distraction. It takes pearls of discontent and nurtures them into victimization, isolation of a segment of society, a false dialogue, character assassination, revision of history, and provided solutions. Black America is every bit a victim as white America in this political, Machiavellian farce.