Marriage - Long Distance

bmack

Another thing you need to know about before you get started with a Divorce is: "The Man almost always loses!". Especially when you have a Child together. It doesn't matter if your wife slept with 200 men. All that would be is grounds for Divorce. It doesn't mean she is a bad mother and the child should be taken away. So since the priority in a Divorce Court is the Child of the marriage, you are still going to have to pay Child Support no matter what your wife does, or even who moves in with her. If she remarries, then this could be a different story.

Completely wrong, Thai child support awards are not enforceable outside of Thailand.

They are only enforceable inside Thailand if you work for a Thai company (with work permit if a foreigner).

Not only that, but it's only awarded on divorce, until divorce you aren't obliged to give anything.

The only weapon you have in this game is money.

She wants it, don't give it to her ...............

rrrr

so I wouldn't get punished by the court for not paying support while I was away? legal loop-hole haha

her account's at 0 now and she's getting desperate

Sad but just another typical outcome in the life of a Farang / Thai relationship.

Sinsod, house, cars, money in the bank.. just is not enough for some is it?

Conditioning....mindset....set by the inlaws.

ignore the bitter and twisted ones, experts on thai / falang relationships

there is some good advice on here, i wish you luck, think of the young un at all times.

How little do you know ?

Jake is right plenty of relations go well, depends on the girl and the guy. But in my opinion, going for sin sod and a house is the wrong way to go. But that is what some guys have to do to bait the hook they don't have much else as money and want a real pretty wife. So they offer what they have and end up with the type that goes for money.

I know of many good farang / Thai relations usually closer in age and not based on sin sod and money with a girl that works herself too. IMHO if you bait the hook with money instead of with your own good points don't be surprised if the one you catch is after money and not you.

Not giving sin sod and not giving a house does not always work, in having a healthy relation (first wife no sin sod no house, house stayed on my name and had a pre nup and took her back to Holland). It went horribly wrong, but after me it went wrong for her with 4 other guys. So that means more about the lady as me. Current wife and all of her friends who have farangs, closer in age (max 10 years in those relation).. no sinsods or houses and all good relations. But all these girls had done Uni and had their own income.

I get tired of all the foreigners always slagging off all Thais for broken relations. They fail to realize that their choice of girl has a lot to do with it. Also guys.. back in your home country a lot goes wrong too. It takes in general 2 to break up a relation (some exceptions) but not as many as people like to believe.

Long distance relations are the hardest, I had one with my current wife before i settled here. That was early in the relation when everything is still sweet and stuff.. if you have it later on when the relation is less strong it usually is the end as girls have their needs too.

"so I wouldn't get punished by the court for not paying support while I was away? legal loop-hole haha

her account's at 0 now and she's getting desperate"

Actually, she could sue you for child support.

Take the advice given. Get here make things better be reasonable and get custody of your kid no matter the cost. It is sad when a relationship goes so bad that people cannot put their children first.

I always admire people who maintain a friendship after a divorce. My parents still cannot sit in the same room without fighting and they divorced 30+ years ago.

"so I wouldn't get punished by the court for not paying support while I was away? legal loop-hole haha

her account's at 0 now and she's getting desperate"

Actually, she could sue you for child support.

Take the advice given. Get here make things better be reasonable and get custody of your kid no matter the cost. It is sad when a relationship goes so bad that people cannot put their children first.

I always admire people who maintain a friendship after a divorce. My parents still cannot sit in the same room without fighting and they divorced 30+ years ago.

I had a real bad breakup with my first wife, she cheated, went to work as a whore among other things. I still can sit with her in a room as I closed that part of my life. My mother still hates her and it eats her up. Hate is a real bad emotion and I think you hurt yourself with it a lot.

I still have good contact with her kids, who i raised for 4 years and who come to visit me in Thailand (they are Thais in Netherlands now). If I see their mom, i can talk with her and have no problems with her. She just won't be my friend but I won't harm or hate her either.

Another thing you might want to consider on your visit is getting your Son his Canadian Citizenship. Thailand doesn't recognize Dual Citizenship but Canada does.

Actually, Thailand does recognize dual citizenship.

He could register the birth of the child but without the mother's permission and usually she has to physically go to the consulate with him, he cannot get a passport for the child.

It isn't his God given right either. The child once registered as a Canadian at 18 could get his Canadian passport but until then you need both parent's signature or a court order that the father is the sole guardian.

Well, actually no, Thailand does not recognize dual citizenship. We are looking at going from a Thai born in Thailand to Canadian Citizen, but if he was born in Canada with Canadian Citizenship and now wanted Dual Citizenship as his Father was Thai, he wouldn't get it. He would need to cancel his Canadian Citizenship first. This is common in many countries including Poland at that time I lived their.

As mentioned I had the cooperation of my x-wife so I am not 100% sure what happens if she does not give it, so I really can't argue that point one way or the other. Perhaps he can't claim his citizenship until he is 18 years old, although I am sure there are ways around that. But non the less, he will still get it if he wants it.

Do you have a son or daughter who you applied for, without your x-wife's consent, that you know so much about it?

Another thing you need to know about before you get started with a Divorce is: "The Man almost always loses!". Especially when you have a Child together. It doesn't matter if your wife slept with 200 men. All that would be is grounds for Divorce. It doesn't mean she is a bad mother and the child should be taken away. So since the priority in a Divorce Court is the Child of the marriage, you are still going to have to pay Child Support no matter what your wife does, or even who moves in with her. If she remarries, then this could be a different story.

Completely wrong, Thai child support awards are not enforceable outside of Thailand.

They are only enforceable inside Thailand if you work for a Thai company (with work permit if a foreigner).

Not only that, but it's only awarded on divorce, until divorce you aren't obliged to give anything.

That's Dangerous and Foolish if you think this way! Especially when giving advise. Thailand has an agreement with many countries on this, including Canada and Europe. Just check it out yourself and you will see. Other guys have written here before in which it actually happened to them in the past as well.

Child Support is enforceable in just about any other country in the world from settlement in a Thai Courts and they will be honor it in that country as well. You cannot escape the long arm of the law, especially when you are dealing with Child Support. No country will have sympathy for you then. .

Another thing you might want to consider on your visit is getting your Son his Canadian Citizenship. Thailand doesn't recognize Dual Citizenship but Canada does. So it is possible for your Son to be a Thai but also have Canadian Citizenship.

I did that for my Daughter when I was living in Thailand and her in Poland. We got all the paper work and finalized everything at the Canadian Embassy in Poland. So you will probably have to File at our Embassy here in Thailand. You should also be able to download all the paper work from their Internet Site as well. It was quite cheap and an easy process and I was surprised how quickly it was processed. But you need to have all your ducks in order first.

You need documentation of your Marriage Registration and your Sons Birth Certificate, stating you are the father. Also a Copy of your Passport as well. That was the Document I needed Notarized, as I was living in a different country then, but if you show up in person at the embassy with this copy and passport, you may not need to. At any rate I got mine Notarized by a Lawyer in Thailand and was quick and quite cheap to do.

If you don't have these copies, it may be hard for you to get now if your wife is on the rampage. But there are other ways. You should be able to get a copy of your Marriage Certificate at the Register Office where you got married. A Birth Certificate I am not so sure as I never had a child in Thailand, but I am sure others can help you here with that. I suppose the hospital where he was born would have a copy, or at least could set you straight as to where to get it.

I did this for my daughter with my x-wife's approval, which I think helped speed up the processing, as there was also a part in the form she had to sign. So I am not so sure how easy it will be if your wife refuses to cooperate with you on this. But what I do know for sure is that a child born of a Canadian has the God Given Right to get his Canadian Passport because he is already a Canadian. No matter what your wife wants or thinks, or what they tell you at the Canadian Embassy here.

So don't ever lose track of that fact. If they try to reject your application if you wife refuses to sign, and turn you away, demand your child's rights. What they may not know, and maybe you may not know, and for sure your wife doesn't know, is the day your son was born a Thai he was also born a Canadian. The only difference is that he does not have the Paper Work to prove that yet. Which he is fully entitled to get.

In closing I just want to give you some advice about your relationship with your wife now. I know that with all this hurt and betrayal you must feel towards your wife now, the lies and rejecting your calls and emails, and refusing you to see or talk to your son, you probably want to kill her. But really the best course of action is to try and smooth things over for your son, so you will have a future relationship with him later. Even if only long distance.

Hell! I could have killed my last wife for what she did to me. In fact, if I went with only my feelings, the cops would still be trying to pull my hands away from her throat after 8 years now. But for my daughter I put my pride in one pocket and pulled my wallet out of the other. Whether you like it or not your wife will have the greatest influence on whether your Son grows up to Love You, or Hate You. You can take my word on that.

Good Luck

I did my boy's proof of canadian citizenship when I was there... he has dual

Great! You gave your Son the gift that will keep on giving to him the rest of his life. Surprising how things like this doesn't seem to cost much money and only a little effort on your part.

Just a point that might be of interest to you, I met my present Thai Wife on the Internet as well. So far it has been great and we are still together for 7 years now, or is it 8? She would kill me if she read this! But unlike you I waited quite a few years living together before I tied the knot. But also unlike I was divorced before so more careful this time.

But anyone who has had a serious relationship with a Thai Woman knows how lovable they can be, and how quickly and easily it is for guys like us to fall into love with them. So nobody here can blame you for doing that.

That's Dangerous and Foolish if you think this way! Especially when giving advise. Thailand has an agreement with many countries on this, including Canada and Europe. Just check it out yourself and you will see. Other guys have written here before in which it actually happened to them in the past as well.

Child Support is enforceable in just about any other country in the world from settlement in a Thai Courts and they will be honor it in that country as well. You cannot escape the long arm of the law, especially when you are dealing with Child Support. No country will have sympathy for you then. .

can I ask, how much would give?

I have a 2 year-old boy. I still give 5-7k, barely worth mentioning but pays for my boy's needs right now.

I have a 2 year-old boy. I still give 5-7k, barely worth mentioning but pays for my boy's needs right now.

Seems enough for in the village and a child that age especially if the house is paid for and such. Just look at the minimum wage for Thais then getting 5-7k just for the kid i doubt many Thais spend that much on such a young kid per month.

what's freaking her out is she's about to lose the car from monthly non-payments... blacklist I think.

Well, actually no, Thailand does not recognize dual citizenship. We are looking at going from a Thai born in Thailand to Canadian Citizen, but if he was born in Canada with Canadian Citizenship and now wanted Dual Citizenship as his Father was Thai, he wouldn't get it. He would need to cancel his Canadian Citizenship first. This is common in many countries including Poland at that time I lived their.

As mentioned I had the cooperation of my x-wife so I am not 100% sure what happens if she does not give it, so I really can't argue that point one way or the other. Perhaps he can't claim his citizenship until he is 18 years old, although I am sure there are ways around that. But non the less, he will still get it if he wants it.

Do you have a son or daughter who you applied for, without your x-wife's consent, that you know so much about it?

His child will automatically get Canadian citizenship. You just have to register the birth which he did. There is more paperwork if parents aren't legally married, but still doable.

I didn't say anything about not claiming citizenship until 18. I said you cannot get a passport for a child under the age of 18 without consent from both parents. I know this to be true for the US, Canada and the UK. I am certain it is true for most countries it protects from parents stealing the child. You can get the passport if you have sole custody through the courts after a divorce. Better for the OP just to appease the mother and work things out and get him his passport now.

I really hate the back and forth on this but you are beyond misinformed as to Thai laws. Thailand doesn't prohibit dual citizenship. Any child born in or out of the country that has at least one parent who is a Thai citizen will be granted Thai citizenship. There is no need to renounce any citizenship under Thai law. The law was re-affirmed in 2008 and there have been quite a few Thais that regained their Thai citizenship who under old laws lost it.

There are literally hundreds of posters here on TV that brought their wives to the US and Canada and now have both Thai and US passports. They do not need to give up their Thai citizenship.

Just please admit that you are wrong on this and stop the tit for tat. I am not going to search for you but you could easily find it.

If a Thai woman marries a foreigner and moves to Canada and gets citizenship there, she doesn't need to give up her Thai citizenship either. So why would a child? Absolute rubbish you keep spreading.

OP take this advice and ignore everything out of Goldbuggy's mouth.

Anything that he thinks he knows is either wrong or just outdated.

OP as how much money to give really depends if you are supporting the child or the wife. 5k is probably adequate for most baby needs for the month. But if your wife is selfish and not trustworthy, she might give the child nothing and use that money for herself. Better to give 10k so she can cover her car payments and still provide well for the child. Just work it out with her. Do what it takes to get her into a reasonable space to negotiate. Make sure she knows that you just want to ensure that your child has the best possible life. That you wish her well and understand her point of view.

Use a lawyer though when things get finalized and you file for divorce.

Until you get here though, make her feel comfortable and respected. Bite your tongue on every nasty thing she says or does.

We all do wish you the best of luck through this. Make your child the priority not the pain you feel or the money you may/will lose.

OP as how much money to give really depends if you are supporting the child or the wife. 5k is probably adequate for most baby needs for the month. But if your wife is selfish and not trustworthy, she might give the child nothing and use that money for herself. Better to give 10k so she can cover her car payments and still provide well for the child. Just work it out with her. Do what it takes to get her into a reasonable space to negotiate. Make sure she knows that you just want to ensure that your child has the best possible life. That you wish her well and understand her point of view.

Until you get here though, make her feel comfortable and respected. Bite your tongue on every nasty thing she says or does.

We all do wish you the best of luck through this. Make your child the priority not the pain you feel or the money you may/will lose.

Yes, I will cover the car and baby

being so far away, I see no other option

need to keep her peace and the baby will have peace

i can bite my tongue... getting used to it

i'm just worried to give her the means to disappear, i really don't know what she's up to :)

thank you zeichen for the back-and-forth

i'm just worried to give her the means to disappear, i really don't know what she's up to smile.png

and what's bothering me is the more broke she gets the more she talks of giving him to me

if i start sending money now, she'll get comfy again

rrrr

so I wouldn't get punished by the court for not paying support while I was away? legal loop-hole haha

She hasn't been to court, you are still married, no child support award has been made.

What can you be punished for? and by whom?

I think 5-7K should be okay and certainly better than nothing. A good start anyway. I think a lot depends on your financial position and how much money you have and earn. At the time of my second divorce, and like that old song, She got the car, and the house, and I got the clothes I got on. But I also had quite a bit on money in the bank and I was clearing $140,000 Canadian at work. So I gave more than I had to.

I also fixed the car for her a few times, and when something expensive broke down. I did not do this for her luxury but instead for my Little Daughter. My Daughter's Private School was quite far away from where she lived and without the car she would have to take the bus. So I got it fixed for her.

I guess it always boils down to your own logic to. If you wife needs the car to get to work to help support your Son, and she has no other way, then you might consider helping her pay for that, or get her something cheaper.If you want your Son to attend Private School, which cost more, then you might want to pay for that. And so on. But just for food and clothes at that age, then 5-7k is certainly enough in Thailand. .

i'm just worried to give her the means to disappear, i really don't know what she's up to smile.png

and what's bothering me is the more broke she gets the more she talks of giving him to me

if i start sending money now, she'll get comfy again

Well Son, that is a bit different. Do you want your Son? Can you take care of him? If the answer to these questions is yes, then I think you need to talk to a Thai Lawyer as soon as possible. You might be able to throw a little extra in for your wife if she agrees to give you your Son, which may be the only push she needs.

I would have loved to take my Daughter but my job situation, and no family to help me do this, just made this impossible.

rrrr

She hasn't been to court, you are still married, no child support award has been made.

What can you be punished for? and by whom?

You are so right and I wanted to let you know that I enjoy your posts as they are informative and mostly bang on.

But I think in this case we have to look at the big picture. If his wife takes him to a Thai Court for a Divorce probably based on Desertion, you can be sure that one of the first questions asked by the judge is if any Child Support was given in this time. It is pretty difficult if not impossible to claim Desertion, if the Husband is sending 7 Baht a month for the child.

But if he isn't sending any money this is a better than good chance she will win her Divorce. The Court would then issue a Child Support Payment that will also include back payments from the day of Desertion, and when he stopped making payments.

I don't know my friend. I don't know if she would sue him in Canada for Child Support and all back payments. I don't know that within the next couple of years the laws of these countries will make it so much more easy to do, as they seem to be headed in that direction. You couldn't sue a Dead Beat Dad when he moved to the States, but you sure can now.

Personally, I just know I wouldn't want this hanging over my head for the rest of my life if I could pay 7,000 Baht now and know I was helping to support my Son.

But if he isn't sending any money this is a better than good chance she will win her Divorce. The Court would then issue a Child Support Payment that will also include back payments from the day of Desertion, and when he stopped making payments.

Award will be 3000bht/month if outside BK up to a maximum of 6000/month if in BK.

They don't back date Child support in Thailand (or the UK for that matter).

Have no idea about AUS or USA courts.

UK judges do not take any pre-court payments into account. It's just throwing your money in the bin.

Thai judges don't either (as far as I know).

His child will automatically get Canadian citizenship. You just have to register the birth which he did. There is more paperwork if parents aren't legally married, but still doable.

I didn't say anything about not claiming citizenship until 18. I said you cannot get a passport for a child under the age of 18 without consent from both parents. I know this to be true for the US, Canada and the UK. I am certain it is true for most countries it protects from parents stealing the child. You can get the passport if you have sole custody through the courts after a divorce. Better for the OP just to appease the mother and work things out and get him his passport now.

I really hate the back and forth on this but you are beyond misinformed as to Thai laws. Thailand doesn't prohibit dual citizenship. Any child born in or out of the country that has at least one parent who is a Thai citizen will be granted Thai citizenship. There is no need to renounce any citizenship under Thai law. The law was re-affirmed in 2008 and there have been quite a few Thais that regained their Thai citizenship who under old laws lost it.

There are literally hundreds of posters here on TV that brought their wives to the US and Canada and now have both Thai and US passports. They do not need to give up their Thai citizenship.

Just please admit that you are wrong on this and stop the tit for tat. I am not going to search for you but you could easily find it.

If a Thai woman marries a foreigner and moves to Canada and gets citizenship there, she doesn't need to give up her Thai citizenship either. So why would a child? Absolute rubbish you keep spreading.

Well sorry!

But that is a pretty serious comment to make about me when you consider nobody here was asking about getting, or cared about getting, Thai Citizenship while living in Canada. Or even if Thailand accpets or does not accept Dual Citizenship.

But here is a LINK as to why it is confusing. Like most Thai Laws it is not always cut and dry.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=544

Award will be 3000bht/month if outside BK up to a maximum of 6000/month if in BK.

They don't back date Child support in Thailand (or the UK for that matter).

Have no idea about AUS or USA courts.

UK judges do not take any pre-court payments into account. It's just throwing your money in the bin.

Thai judges don't either (as far as I know).

Well, and speaking from my own experience in Canada, my first wife separated from me a few times before I finally went for the Divorce. If you want to use the term "Separated" as by meaning by moving away from me and living in separate accommodations, and not as husband and wife, then so be it.

But I can tell you my friend that on every one of those instances I was required to pay Child Support even when I was still married. I even had an instances when I was Separated from my wife when I had my wage Garnished from my employer and went to the Maintenance Enforcement Office as to find out why.

I was told I missed 3 Child Support Payments after they decided how much I should pay based on my salary then. I was surprised since those 3 months I was supposed to have missed my wife was still living with me at that time. But because we where back together then I paid to avoid trouble for her. If you have ever wondered where all those SS Nazi Concentration Guards ended up, they all ended up in Canada as Maintenance Enforcement Officers.

I am sorry but I find it impossible to believe that in the UK, if a man decided to leave his wife, that he doesn't have to pay any Child Support to her for his kids and until they get a Divorce. Which could take years. I also find it impossible to believe that if he did not pay any Child Support in those 2 years, and until the Divorce was finalized, he would not be penalized for this, and not be required to make any back payments for all this lost time.

It just isn't feasible!

I think the problem here lies on you not being able to read someones post and then interpret it correctly. You also seem to have a very hard time understanding what Dual Citizenship means.

"Dual" means two. A French word I think. "Citizenship" means the country you belong to. I said Thailand does not recognize "Dual Citizenship" although this law may have been changed as laws like this are constantly changing. But you say many Poster here have taken their Thai Wives to their country and got citizenship for them in a way like I don't know that. Of course I know that!

But what you don't seem to understand is that this does not mean Thailand accepts Dual Citizenship. It only means that the country they got there new citizenship from does accept Dual Citizenship, like Canada, which I already mentioned. For Thailand to accept Dual Citizenship, that person has to belong to another country first, which is to have citizenship from there first, and then they need to apply to Thailand for the second citizenship, as in 2 of them then, or Dual.

But none of this applies here because the Op's Son is already a Thai and he applied to Canada for a Dual Citizenship and not to Thailand. These citizenship laws are changing all the time and to be honest I am not up-to-date with any new laws in this regard to Thailand, as I have no vested interest in this. But I can tell you about Poland when I wanted to apply.

As mentioned, My Daughter has Dual Citizenship there having Polish Citizenship there, but also in Canada. I was living there and I wanted the same as I was travelling back and forth through the country and had to apply every year for a One Year Residency Permit. Which was a real pain as it did not always work out with my schedule.

But when I wanted to apply for my Polish Citizenship they told me that Poland does not recognize "Dual Citizenship". The told me that I had to give up my Canadian Citizenship first, before I could get a Polish one. Can you see the difference now?

This may have changed by now as Poland has become part of the EU, and it also may have changed for Thailand to. I don't know. But what I do know is that you had a hard time trying to understand this and what Dual Citizenship means.

So before you slam the door again in someone else's face, maybe you should take a long hard look in the mirror first.

I am sorry but I find it impossible to believe that in the UK, if a man decided to leave his wife, that he doesn't have to pay any Child Support to her for his kids and until they get a Divorce. Which could take years. I also find it impossible to believe that if he did not pay any Child Support in those 2 years, and until the Divorce was finalized, he would not be penalized for this, and not be required to make any back payments for all this lost time.

It just isn't feasible!

We're off topic now,

But I never paid my UK wife a penny in child support for our 4 children.

During the divorce I retired, in the UK child support can only be awarded from earned income.

No money can be awarded from pensions or savings.

Life sounds tough for dads in Canada!

PS

Divorce in the UK, less than 6 months, from application to Decree Nisi.

Participation only required from the applicant.

It just isn't feasible!

We're off topic now,

But I never paid my UK wife a penny in child support for our 4 children.

During the divorce I retired, in the UK child support can only be awarded from earned income.

No money can be awarded from pensions or savings.

Life sounds tough for dads in Canada!

PS

Divorce in the UK, less than 6 months, from application to Decree Nisi.

Participation only required from the applicant.

Well I for one am extremely surprised that in the UK a man can leave his wife and not have to pay Child Support. More surprised than ever when they won't even touch your saving account when you do owe money. I have many friends for the UK I have met and worked with Overseas and many of them have complained about having to make these type of payments. So now I am not sure why even.

In Canada, the first thing they do is withhold any money owed to you by the government. I would presume this would include you Government Pension as well. I had my Income Tax Rebate held back by mistake. They will Garnish your wages if you are working. They will freeze your bank account and withdraw from your savings,if you have one.

The Newer Enforcement Rules now includes refusing your Passport Renewal. So if you are living in a place like Cambodia and out of arms way, that will only last until your have to renew your passport. Or live there on a Over-stay. Ever wonder why now some people will do this for years? They will also refuse a renewal of a Driver License as well.

In Canada, and may I also include the United States, and to put it bluntly, your are a criminal as soon as you become behind in your Support Payments. This also includes for any reason as even in a loss of your job. If you explain to them right away they will let you off but you will still have to make these back payments later.

If you don't explain you can be arrested, held in jail until your day in court, or even longer afterwards.To my knowledge it is the only time you can be jailed in Canada for not paying a debt, or held in debtors prison. Of course they don't call it that but call it "Contempt of Court", but like Shakespeare pointed out, a Rose is still a Rose even it it is called by a different name.

I stand to be corrected here by you. Canada does not have an agreement with Thailand for Child Support, nor does the USA and the UK. They do with Poland, which was my main concern. So you would be right in that it would be very difficult to collect Child Support from Thailand. But she still can sue you from Thailand to almost anywhere you live. Although unlikely and unless you are rich.

These laws are changing rapidly and while you may be secure now, it may not be that way in a few more years. Personally I wouldn't want that hanging over my head. I would rather pay child support and help my child while I can. Even if it means missing a couple of Bar Nights.

I am Canadian as well. Probably much older than you, and I hope after 2 Divorces much wiser to. Can I give you some honest advice? She cannot block you or Blacklist you from coming to Thailand. So my guess she is hiding something from you that she doesn't want you to learn or see. Like a New Boyfriend. My experience is that women seldom leave you unless they have someone else waiting in the wings.

I know you probably feel helpless right now and the only weapon you have and can use against her, or the only control you have, is with your money. But by holding back funds, the only one you are really hurting is your Child. Courts will all look down on you if you continue to do this, but respect you and your rights if you pay.

So first off, don't hold back on reasonable Child Support to your Child if you have the money, regardless of her circumstances. The courts will look at that closely and be in favor of your wife if you do. You "Rationalize" (using logical explanations for you not doing something you should do) in that you say your child is well taken care of without your money, which is wrong. He is your child for life. So he is still your responsibility.

If I was you I wouldn't make it easy for her to get a Divorce. I would first try to find out if she really is filing for Divorce. There is a better than good chance she lying to you. Pretend to co-operate with her and try to find out which Lawyer you need to see to sign the papers, or where and when. Get as much information as you can to first determine the truth. Call her Lawyer to find out. Or email him, where he will have someone who speaks English their.

Loaded with this information make your normal trip to Thailand to see your kid, but also stop at a Lawyers Place. Tell him you don't want a Divorce but love your Wife Dearly. That you did not abandon her (which is what she will probably use to divorce you) but instead when to Canada to try and build a life for her and your child. Which I gather is close to the truth.

It is my understanding that it is quite easy to get a Divorce in Thailand. It was for me in Poland the last time to. But only if both couples agree. If one partner doesn't want it, on claims of love and still hoping things can work out between you, your Thai Wife will have Grey Hairs on her Puss...Head, before the courts here will ever grant her a divorce.Of this I am sure.

But don't be surprised that when you come here your wife may not even let you visit your child, and in which there isn't much you can do. So have a backup plan for your visit and also, in the long haul, be prepared to lose your child.

Can I ask how you met your wife. On the Internet, in person, or in Bar? Does she know English? .

Thank you GB!

Met her online and things happened really really fast. I trusted, took a chance, lost.

Great, great advice. Yes, will not stop the child support and get her back on track financially. This might change everything.

I'm thinking boyfriend as well, just so hard to believe, I know this girl, was hip-to-hip with her for 3 years.

I'm thinking the same as you, if I jump and fight, I will lose badly.

Going to take it calm and slow, emotions out. It's all comes down to the cash anyways.

Big help my friend.

You don't know this girl. Continuing to think in this way will be your downfall.

It is going to cost you much more money to come to this conclusion though.

Edited by blackcab