Crackdown against beggars in Bangkok launched to set a new order

webfact

Crackdown against beggars launched to set a new order

295570-imagejpeg-460298-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A crackdown against beggars in Bangkok is now under way until Friday by officials of the Ministry of Social Development and Human Security as instructed by the prime minister who expressed concern about children being kidnapped and forced into begging.

Maj-Gen Sansern Kaewkamnerd, deputy spokesman of the government, said Wednesday that Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha was concerned with the frequent incidence of children went missing with several of them ending up as beggars.

Under a new social order, all foreign beggars will be sent back to their native countries after their arrest and, if they are Thais, they will be sent for vocational training and if they are not physically fit to undergo vocational training, their relatives will be asked to take them back under a condition that they must not return to begging again otherwise they will face arrests and prosecution.

Sansern said that the prime minister expected that the regulation of beggars would help ease the problem of missing children.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/crackdown-against-beggars-launched-to-set-a-new-order

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-06-25

I wish I kept a records of how many time this very article has been came up before,

at least a half dozen times in the last few years,,,

it seems that someone there has this ' let clean Bkk of beggars ' on a auto reminder

that pop up once a year... whereby few beggars and street urchins are rounded up,

given food shelter and new clothing and sent on their way with the ' see you same

time next year ' wave goodbye...

The usual crackdown announcement and the streets will be clear for a week. Then they will come back and hide under stairwells or behind the big planters......everything will go back to normal in a few weeks when someone needs a little extra to pay for a mia noi's shopping trip.

How about going after the gangs that put these beggars on the streets and prosecuting THEM instead? Oh yeah because of who those mafia are / connected to.

Didn't this government 'crack down' on this not long after they took power? I still see beggars and flower kids everywhere....

So it is not ok to kidnap children and force them to beg on the street for you between now and Friday? After that it is business as usual?

Seriously this is one of the most sickening and despicable things about Thailand. They will go after the forced (slave ) labor on the fishing boats, why not protect the most vulnerable and defenseless of our society? The children!!!

Finally put a stop to this!!!

Basically the police will work hard for a week, impress their Boss, then get down to Dunkin Donuts again instead of maintaining a balance.
Again not really much to do with those in power, but a complete inability of those that are employed to do a good job without being nannied or contsantly pushed.

The problem isnt government or who is in power - The problem is Thainess! or should i say Laziness!

Basically the police will work hard for a week, impress their Boss, then get down to Dunkin Donuts again instead of maintaining a balance.

Again not really much to do with those in power, but a complete inability of those that are employed to do a good job without being nannied or contsantly pushed.

The problem isnt government or who is in power - The problem is Thainess! or should i say Laziness!

the Police will work hard ? Against themselves ? They either control the beggars or get their fair share of "teamoney" to let them operate at busy areas.....

The last time they announced this same kind of thing, I was looking around BKK to see if I could notice any difference.

And, I could find no difference. All my familiar beggars were still in their familiar begging locations. Nothing changed even for a short time.

Maybe they missed my neighborhood in the last sweep. Or maybe, the last sweep never occurred at all -- probably kind of like this current one.