Thai man arrested for stealing over 300 underwear, bras in ten years

Thaivisa News

Udon Thani:- A 36-year-old Thai man has been arrested for stealing women's bras and underwear at boarding houses in Udon Thani's Mueang district during the past ten years. He has been doing this without capturing the attention of his wife.

Udon Thani police chief Pol Maj Gen Chaiyatti Saithin told a press conference Wednesday that police found over 300 pieces of bras and underwear at the house of the suspect, Witthaya Somsong.

Chaiyatti said Mueang Udon Thani police station conducted an investigation and made the arrest after a 22-year-old government official filed a complaint on June 21 that more than 10 pieces of her underwear and bras were stolen from her room at the Sri Sudta boarding house.

Police checked feeds from a security camera of the boarding house and saw Witthaya entering the boarding house and took away the underwear and bras.

After his arrest, Witthaya led police to retrieve a bag of the bras and underwear he dropped on a remote roadside spot on the road leading to his house. Police also found more than 300 other pieces at his house.

He admitted that when he drank, he had an urge to steal used underwear and bras.

While Thairath reported that the man liked to touch the bras and underwear for self gratification without sniffing them, Khom Chad Luek reported that the man admitted that he liked to sniff the used pieces.

He said he also liked to collect the used underwear and bras and his wife did not know it.

300 items of underwear collected over a 10 year period kept in his house and his wife did not notice, she obviously does not spend much time cleaning does she?

Finally under interrogation he additmitted he liked to sniff then, would like to know if the penalty for stealing and sniffing is greater than just stealing. Purely out of interest of course, no personal motive here.

300 items of underwear collected over a 10 year period kept in his house and his wife did not notice, she obviously does not spend much time cleaning does she?

Finally under interrogation he additmitted he liked to sniff then, would like to know if the penalty for stealing and sniffing is greater than just stealing. Purely out of interest of course, no personal motive here.

I can't imagine that sniffing underwear is illegal.....

But I can make him a good price for my used underwear.....Just enough to buy new one. Well I am not female but maybe he can't sniff the difference.

"He admitted that when he drank, he had an urge to steal used underwear and bras."

I have the opposite problem, when women drink they have the urge to leave them at my house.

Edited by BudRight

I hope this guy applies to the Guinness Book of Records. I am sure he has a lock on this category. I wonder if sniffing puts him in a different category than just collecting. They say you can tell a lot about a person by their smell. Lions and tigers sure do when looking for a mate. I guess we all have pheromones. My g/f can always tell when I have had to many Changs (just kidding quit some time ago when prices became crazy no bang for the baht so to speak) as my body gives me away. I must try a stronger under arm de-smeller.

This happened in Issan. No such thing as house cleaning up there. Everyone's property looks like a litter dump. They use something and then just throw the empty packets on the floor.

A few year back Phuket had a panty thief. He had tens of thousands of pairs....They had a photo of them , they were in a huge pile. The guy liked rolling around in them naked.

Madness had a song about a panty thief.

No where near the world record. I remember an article in the news a few years ago where a guy in Japan had so many stolen panties they were floor to ceiling in his apartment. Police said there were thousands of them

But I can make him a good price for my used underwear.....Just enough to buy new one. Well I am not female but maybe he can't sniff the difference.

Somethings missing with this picture. Why would he be sniffing clean panties?

This happened in Issan. No such thing as house cleaning up there. Everyone's property looks like a litter dump. They use something and then just throw the empty packets on the floor.
There's nothing like a sweeping generalisation is there?

You think maybe you are overstepping the mark just a tad ? "No such thing as house cleaning up there" "They use something and then just throw the empty packets on the floor." Care to elaborate on that comment ? Maybe you could pop around to our house & I can throw you on the floor. You appear somewhat empty.

A very good way to point out that you also like and wear Panties? giggle.gif

Edited by lostinisaan